Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 10-24-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
Cableaddict
Human being with feelings

Default FX search (within track) causes a crash.

I recently restored my Reaper factory defaults. Several plugins lost authorization, which I overlooked.

I opened an existing session, and tried to instantiate a new plugin. When I selected "new" reaper immediately went into some kind of plugins search (even though I had already done a rescan) When it got to an unauthorized plugin, I hit "cancel" as I could access the code (the Reaper GUI was in the way) and THIS CRASHES REAPER. Every time. It freezes, and you have to re-boot the pc.
Cableaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
I recently restored my Reaper factory defaults. Several plugins lost authorization, which I overlooked.

I opened an existing session, and tried to instantiate a new plugin. When I selected "new" reaper immediately went into some kind of plugins search (even though I had already done a rescan) When it got to an unauthorized plugin, I hit "cancel" as I could access the code (the Reaper GUI was in the way) and THIS CRASHES REAPER. Every time. It freezes, and you have to re-boot the pc.
*whistles*
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
Cableaddict

Not sure what that means, Jason! (well, I know how you hate to clarify things, so I guess this is part of your unique charm)

Anyway, I see now that the scan that starts is for SX, not VST. I guess once I get the main prefs DX search to go through seemlessly, this other one won't pop up any longer.

This still seems like a nasty bug. "Continue" should, well, cause the scan to continue, no?

Last edited by Cableaddict; 10-25-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Cableaddict is offline   Reply With Quote