Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 11-25-2018, 07:44 AM   #1
needtopractice
Human being with feelings

Default Waves good bundle not loading all plugins

Over the holiday weekend I grabbed a Waves good bundle that was a decent sale price. I'm just getting back in to recording and picked up a Rog laptop from 2015. I booked it when I got it and reinstalled Windows 10. Everything seems fine in that end. I have reinstalled the bundle from Waves a couple times since initially noticing that it was only loading 7 of the be plugins that come with the bundle. I've cleared the cache and rescanned but I doesn't seem to be able to find them all.
Any thoughts as to why I can't see them?
Jim.
needtopractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:20 AM   #2
ivansc

Have you checked in Waves Central what IT is showing as being available? Might just be a dodgy download/install....
Old 11-25-2018, 01:12 PM   #3
needtopractice

I'm a little confused. I took your advice and reinstalled the gold bundle via waves Central, and nothing has changed. I suppose I'll just have to wait to hear back from waves. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:58 AM   #4
ivansc

In your Waves account *within Waves Central* you should see all the plugins that are actually available to you via Waves Central. IF this is not the same as you were expecting, you need to pursue the Waves side of this issue.

If all the plugins you think you bought are there but not in Reaper, you need to pursue the Reaper side of things.

Hope this makes what I was originally suggesting clear enough, if not ask & I will try again..
Old 11-26-2018, 05:46 AM   #5
needtopractice

Makes sense. Yes, the bundle reads as it should. I will contact reaper about this.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
In your Waves account *within Waves Central* you should see all the plugins that are actually available to you via Waves Central. IF this is not the same as you were expecting, you need to pursue the Waves side of this issue.

If all the plugins you think you bought are there but not in Reaper, you need to pursue the Reaper side of things.

Hope this makes what I was originally suggesting clear enough, if not ask & I will try again..
Old 11-27-2018, 09:33 AM   #6
ivansc

One obvious thing to check:

Go to reaper`s Options/preferences/plugins/ vst menu and select clear/rescan rather than just rescan.

This should result in ALL your Waves stuff showin gup OK or an error window relating to a missing Waves Shell destination showing up.
Let us know how you get on
Old 11-27-2018, 11:32 AM   #7
qwert678!!!!

Quote:
One obvious thing to check:

Go to reaper`s Options/preferences/plugins/ vst menu and select clear/rescan rather than just rescan.
This is exactly what I have to do. For some reason when you install a new Waves plugin, the directory isn't rescanned automatically so I do it manually.

Works everytime.
qwert678!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 04:50 AM   #8
ivansc

Thought I had already mentioned this but I evidently forgot.
The reason Reaper ahs to clear/re-scan for changes in waves plugins hinges on that Waves-Shell system they use. Unfortunately unless you are for some reason also updating the whole wacveshell system as well as installing and authorising a new plugin, reaper cannot see that the waveshell fine has changed. Because it hasn`t.
When a new plugin is added by your waves Central installer, if it is one that uses the same Waveshell version(s) that you already have installed, Waves Central just adds the plugin as "live and authorised" to you waveshell without actually changing the waveshell part itseld.
This means that Reaper sees no change in the WavesShell & doesnt bother scanning the actual plugins again, unless you tell it to refresh the whole plugin system (so it will also re-scan that waves shell)

This is indeed a pain in the ass, but don`t blame reaper for waves insisting on sticking to their antiquated, convoluted system.

Just remember to clear/rescan when you add a new waves plugin and it doesnt show up in reaper.

P.S I just bought H comp in their most recent sale, but because it is essentially a Waves 9.2 plugin, it just scanned in as expected. Lucky me!
Old 11-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #9
needtopractice

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert678!!!! View Post
This is exactly what I have to do. For some reason when you install a new Waves plugin, the directory isn't rescanned automatically so I do it manually.

Works everytime.
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately for my situation this isn't working. Just keeps showing the 6 or7 plugins it has shown me upon the first install.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:42 AM   #10
needtopractice

Quote:
Thought I had already mentioned this but I evidently forgot.
The reason Reaper ahs to clear/re-scan for changes in waves plugins hinges on that Waves-Shell system they use. Unfortunately unless you are for some reason also updating the whole wacveshell system as well as installing and authorising a new plugin, reaper cannot see that the waveshell fine has changed. Because it hasn`t.
When a new plugin is added by your waves Central installer, if it is one that uses the same Waveshell version(s) that you already have installed, Waves Central just adds the plugin as "live and authorised" to you waveshell without actually changing the waveshell part itseld.
This means that Reaper sees no change in the WavesShell & doesnt bother scanning the actual plugins again, unless you tell it to refresh the whole plugin system (so it will also re-scan that waves shell)

This is indeed a pain in the ass, but don`t blame reaper for waves insisting on sticking to their antiquated, convoluted system.

Just remember to clear/rescan when you add a new waves plugin and it doesnt show up in reaper.

P.S I just bought H comp in their most recent sale, but because it is essentially a Waves 9.2 plugin, it just scanned in as expected. Lucky me!

Thanks for the info, brother.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:41 PM   #11
needtopractice

I might be close, but I messed up my plug-in path,where reaper looks for plugins. Can someone show me the path reaper looks at when you first download reaper? IE, C:\Program files..... I edited the path in my random attempts to fix the problem but messed it up.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:59 PM   #12
needtopractice

Bump. Any way I can find the right path for my plugins? I changed something and the plugins all look generic now. If like to get it back to stock.
Thanks.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:26 AM   #13
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by needtopractice View Post
I might be close, but I messed up my plug-in path,where reaper looks for plugins. Can someone show me the path reaper looks at when you first download reaper? IE, C:\Program files..... I edited the path in my random attempts to fix the problem but messed it up.

Ha Ha! RTFM!!! (joke)
Seriously, there is a great section in the user guide telling you how to do the plugin paths.
What you need to do is go into Options/prefs/plugins/ and edit the plugin paths that show in the VST window.

A typical layout is C:\Program Files\Vst Plugins for your 64 bit plugs and C:\Program Files (x86)\Vst Plugins for 32bit plugs.

And now the bad news. Waves is a special case. Uninstall ALL the waves stuff, including doing a search on your C:\ drive for any reference to "waves", the use Waves Central to re-download everything and let it do its own thing. Make a note of where it installs the Waveshell.xxx folder/files as this is where the waves stuff ersides. Once you re-launch reaper, if the waves stuff doesnt show up (assuming it is authorised, et.) do a clear/rescan and you should be good to go.
Let us know if you arent.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:06 PM   #14
needtopractice

Great news. I did as you said. I completely erased all remnants of waves and started from scratch. Thank you.

Edit:. This plugins look like the one in this thread. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=186357

Last edited by needtopractice; 12-14-2018 at 04:23 PM.