Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 08-16-2017, 08:14 PM   #1
artisticspider
Human being with feelings

Default Paid position - MIDI file of music score needed

I'm not even sure if I can do this here, or where I actually could, but basically, I need to work with someone who knows how to read music and program in Reaper. I can't read music, and have a project that I need to get done. Basically, I was handed a score of Don't Cry for Me Argentina and audio file, and all I need is a MIDI matchup of this score/audio file. I am going to spend way too long on this because I never took a music lesson in my life, and I don't have that time, unfortunately.

I'm willing to pay someone via paypal or Zelle (Zelle would be faster as I'd have to transfer funds to paypal which can take a while)

If I can't post this here, that's cool, but if that's the case, please point me somewhere where I can. I'm totally new to this and just need a one time project done.

Thanks!
artisticspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:26 PM   #2
Eddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticspider View Post
I'm not even sure if I can do this here, or where I actually could, but basically, I need to work with someone who knows how to read music and program in Reaper. I can't read music, and have a project that I need to get done. Basically, I was handed a score of Don't Cry for Me Argentina and audio file, and all I need is a MIDI matchup of this score/audio file. I am going to spend way too long on this because I never took a music lesson in my life, and I don't have that time, unfortunately.

I'm willing to pay someone via paypal or Zelle (Zelle would be faster as I'd have to transfer funds to paypal which can take a while)

If I can't post this here, that's cool, but if that's the case, please point me somewhere where I can. I'm totally new to this and just need a one time project done.

Thanks!
Vi-control forum would be better for this request. Also there are midi files for sale online that would probably have a popular song like this.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:13 PM   #3
mschnell

Did you try the MuseScore PDF Converter -> https://musescore.org/de/node/63581

You need to scan the pages and upload a multi-pagePDF.

I tried it with two pieces, of which I had PDFs, so I did not need to scan. It worked with one and declined with the other, claiming it would be too complex.

I then could import the result in Musescore, export the piece to Music XML and import same in Reaper.

Using Music XML instead of Midi preserves a lot more information MuseScore holds.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:23 PM   #4
artisticspider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Vi-control forum would be better for this request. Also there are midi files for sale online that would probably have a popular song like this.
I just signed up for vi-control and can't seem to post yet for some reason. Not sure if I have to wait for approval or something, but this is a bit urgent. I'll keep checking back there, though.

I guess it's possibly to find a MIDI file that matches this score, but the problem is, I still don't know what to look for. I can't read music. I'd rather just have someone look at what I have and make me exactly what I need, you know? Figure I should give someone else an opportunity to make a little extra beer (or soda?) money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Did you try the MuseScore PDF Converter ->
I haven't heard of that before, so thank you for that! I did just try with my .PDF and it was unsuccessful, though. (Maybe the reason is because it's handwritten?)
artisticspider is offline   Reply With Quote