Old 08-15-2022, 10:36 AM   #1
buckrugby
Human being with feelings

Default device problems

I recently got a new laptop upgrading to windows 11 as well as increasing my storage space. I exported my Reaper settings as well as my license onto an external hard drive. I then imported them to Reaper on the new laptop. Downloaded ASIO4ALL from the Behringer web site.
The problem I am running into is that Reaper will not recognize my Behringer UM2 audio interface. When it is plugged in, and I have my headphones plugged in to the interface, I can hear sound from videos online. I know the interface works.
However, when I go to Audio device settings to choose Behringer, it is not showing up. I can choose "ASIO" for the AUDIO SYSTEM. I only have one option for ASIO DRIVER and that is "ASIO4ALLv2". I have connected my midi keyboard and when I play it sound comes out of my laptop.
When I have a new track selected, and I'm choosing my "input mono" it only says
"at front panel(black)1 or 2.
I have my old laptop and compared settings, as well as all things pertinent, and everything seems to be in order.
I have searched and searched and can not for the life of me figure out what is going on. Can anyone advise?
buckrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 03:38 AM   #2
Stella645
Human being with feelings

Check the ASIO4all control panel has the Behringer i/o selected. Untick ins and outs from your onboard audio that you don't want to use in Reaper.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...l-for-windows/
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote