Old 08-20-2022, 02:41 PM   #1
Tinkerbell
Human being with feelings

Default Speaker crackling

I know about asio it,s not that i have a focusrite 18/6 mk1 soundcard and yamaha hs80m speakers win 10 32 gb ram. When i use reaper the sound starts crackling on one speaker very annoying. I thought straight away it was broken speaker but it works perfect with windows audio. So that kinda rules that out. I am using original supplied cables for everything. I have tried swapping the output cables it still persists. If one of the speakers is broken why do they work perfect playing youtube and audio files but not working with reaper. When i render a file the crackling is gone. So it isn't being recorded
Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 03:21 PM   #2
b2001

If rendering causes it to go away AND other audio is not causing this then i wouldn’t suspect speaker issues.

I would lean towards a performance issue with a vsti or several vstis that goes away when you render to an audio file?

If you are using vstis, then freeze individual tracks to see if you can isolate the issue.

If you are not using vstis, then i don’t kniw.

Have you checked dpc latency on your pc? What is your cpu/memory performance when crackling occurs?
b2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 03:46 PM   #3
Tinkerbell

I have an amd 3700x cpu it has never been issue. I have an audient soundcard i will try that see if that changes anything
Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote