Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 08-22-2017, 09:32 AM   #1
PointReyes
Human being with feelings

Default Audio glitching while editing.

Hi everyone, I'm a new Reaper user and am experiencing an issue that is a deal-killer for me if I can't fix it. I'm posting it here as well because another person I know on Mac experiences the issue as well, but not on his Windows machine.

The issue is that during playback if I do any audio edits I can't hear the edit for over a second. I.E., let's say I'm playing back a track and I shorten the length of an audio piece past where the transport bar is -- I won't hear it shortened for over a second. Also there are some audible glitches immediately after doing most audio edits during playback.

Anyone here experience that, and if so were you able to find a solution?
Old 08-22-2017, 12:04 PM   #2
serr

Preferences/Audio/Buffering > Media buffer size

1200ms is the default (and the source of your delay). If you are running that audio off a SSD, you could lower this to 200ms or less for quick responsiveness doing your live editing.

Is it set lower by default or in a different place in the Windows version of the app?
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:09 PM   #3
PointReyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by serr View Post
Preferences/Audio/Buffering > Media buffer size

1200ms is the default (and the source of your delay). If you are running that audio off a SSD, you could lower this to 200ms or less for quick responsiveness doing your live editing.

Is it set lower by default or in a different place in the Windows version of the app?

Ahhhh, I should have thought of that. Everything is so automatic for me in Cubase that I forget to check these things in a more advanced DAW settings-wise like Reaper.

Thank you!