Old 01-26-2022, 04:07 AM   #1
jomtones
Human being with feelings

Default Moving gear around?

Contemplating moving some gear around to join a friend for a jam. On the list -

Push 2, Fireface UCX audio interface, 2x Nanokontrols, TC-Helicon Voicelive 2, iPad, laptop, power supplies.

Anyone who's done this on the regular - what would you recommend for moving all this stuff around? Is it worth trying to keep most of it connected in a case? (I'm thinking maybe a keyboard case).

Wondering if it'd be worth trying to keep cases small for carry-on - optimistically assuming I might get on a plane again one day. Also worth mentioning I'm in London and will generally be using public transport or a bike with panniers!

Your thoughts welcome!
jomtones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 04:51 AM   #2
brk303

Get a rack and mount what you can, not the same stuff, but this is what I do

brk303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 07:44 PM   #3
DaveInIndy

Similarly to BRK303, I use a narrow depth 6U hard rack case with my interface, power strip, patch bays for lines in and out (I have 7 audio channels and Midi in use), and an extra 2 bars for in-ear, wireless guitar receiver, whatever else. I used to use a soft bag 4U rack, that worked well too for travel. Right-size the solution to your needs... infrequent travel could just need some bibblewrap and cargo bags. I posted an image of my rack in one of the recent threads in the Live section. Good luck.

Dave
DaveInIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 04:48 AM   #4
jomtones

hey thanks both - missed replies!

I've gone with a 'DJ controller' case for now - my stuff doesn't really fit racks (apart from the audio interface).
jomtones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 01:49 AM   #5
ivansc

FWIW, I have the controller for my old Dynacord PA amplifier and a multi headphone amp in a 2 U 19" rack & really wish I didnt need to. 19" rack holders are pretty much all way to big for transporting stuff on the back seat of your car.

I have not needed to use the controller (small pub gigs or big ones with their own PA) for several years, but it would be nice to find a much smaller, lighter case just for the controller. The downside of 19" rack - oriented gear.