Old 04-20-2022, 10:59 AM   #1
Evadguitar
Human being with feelings

Default Autotune effect

Hi there!

Just updated my REAPER and was wondering if there was an autotuner or something similar included in the updated accessible effects. I thought ReaTune was the effect I was looking for but I'm not sure it is. If it IS, I am not using it correctly! LOL

Thanks in advance!
Evadguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 11:35 AM   #2
vitalker

Yes, ReaTune is what you are looking for. Go to Correction tab and check Automatic pitch correction. Now you can leave as it is or choose key. There are also other parameters. Setting attack time to 0 ms will make you sound tune reeeeally fast.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 11:14 AM   #3
Evadguitar

You are AWESOME! Thanks so much! i'm taking a picture on my screen so I remember your advice!

By the way, there isn't an effect available in REAPER similar to a "bitcrusher" effect, that you might know of?
Old 04-22-2022, 12:15 PM   #4
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evadguitar View Post
You are AWESOME! Thanks so much! i'm taking a picture on my screen so I remember your advice!

By the way, there isn't an effect available in REAPER similar to a "bitcrusher" effect, that you might know of?
There may be some among JS effects. Try to enter "bit" to the filter box. Even if there are not bundled, you can download some JS bitcrusher.
Old 04-22-2022, 04:03 PM   #5
Evadguitar

Hey I will try that... thanks again! While you have been doing a superb job answering all my queries, I have one more for you. On time sensitive effects or ones with time/delay type setting inputs, I'm having problems syncing those particular effects to certain parts of the song where I want those effects to kick in. Let's use like an automatic resonant sweeping effect for example. Is there a setting where to indicate where to start, or "kick on" the effect, so you would get the peak or best part of the sweep opposed to an undesirable area of the sweep that loses most of the effect? I'm not sure bypassing that effect starts or stops the timing of the sweep for example, I believe a bypass just shuts off the sound of the effect but not the movement of it... I could be wrong with my thinking on that though...

Thanks so much for all your help!
Old 04-23-2022, 01:46 AM   #6
vitalker

I'm not sure what are you asking about. What is this sweep effect? There is Wet knob for adjusting effect power (0-100%), and if not 0 or 100, you hear blending dry (no fx) and wet (with fx) signal.
Old 04-23-2022, 09:55 AM   #7
Evadguitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
I'm not sure what are you asking about. What is this sweep effect? There is Wet knob for adjusting effect power (0-100%), and if not 0 or 100, you hear blending dry (no fx) and wet (with fx) signal.
The sweep is like a lowpass EQ band sweep from hi to low or reverse, but that's not important. ANY effect with a time parameter like a delay that loops again and again, my question pertains to "starting" that effect. I may post my question on a new thread to see if anyone understands my question. I may not be explaining myself still.

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2022, 10:11 AM   #8
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evadguitar View Post
The sweep is like a lowpass EQ band sweep from hi to low or reverse, but that's not important. ANY effect with a time parameter like a delay that loops again and again, my question pertains to "starting" that effect. I may post my question on a new thread to see if anyone understands my question. I may not be explaining myself still.
In case of delays it probably sounds like comb filter. If we are talking about ReaDelay, I guess, you should decrease Feedback and increase any of Length parameters.