Old 02-25-2022, 04:15 PM   #1
wavingfaces
Human being with feelings

Default Midi silent, GUI is gone

Essentially, every single track on a project is silent despite having Midi on them. I could hear everything perfectly a day ago and then they went silent. When I hit the FX button, the GUI for each vst won't come up at all. I tried deleting each VST from the FX panel and then reading them one by one and this actually worked, but when I opened the project again the next day, the problem was back- no sound, no GUI. All of the plugins I'm using are currently working on other projects so I'm not really sure what's going on but I'd like to figure it out as I'd gotten pretty far with the song before this happened. Thanks in advance!
wavingfaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 04:28 PM   #2
nofish

I once had GUI problems when running out of a RAM on a big project (back when I only had 8 GB of RAM, edit: or maybe even only 4 GB, can't remember exactly), could that be on your side?

And welcome to Reaper forums btw.
nofish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 04:34 PM   #3
wavingfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
I once had GUI problems when running out of a RAM on a big project (back when I only had 8 GB of RAM), could that be on your side?

And welcome to Reaper forums btw.
thank you! not entirely sure how ram works since i'm not the best with tech stuff. but I will say that this is my first project that uses the Arturia V collection (prophet, jupiter, arp all on one project, multiples of each) so I'm wondering if my computer can't handle higher end plugins.
Old 02-25-2022, 04:46 PM   #4
nofish

Reaper can show you performance information (CPU/RAM use), main menu: View > Performance meter.
Anything seemingly odd there?
Old 02-25-2022, 04:59 PM   #5
wavingfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Reaper can show you performance information (CPU/RAM use), main menu: View > Performance meter.
Anything seemingly odd there?
Here's what it says:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture2.jpg (37.3 KB, 62 views)
Old 02-25-2022, 05:11 PM   #6
nofish

Hm, looks good I'd say.
No other idea what the problem could be, sorry (hopefully someone else chimes in with more ideas).
Old 02-27-2022, 01:07 AM   #7
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavingfaces View Post
Essentially, every single track on a project is silent despite having Midi on them. I could hear everything perfectly a day ago and then they went silent. When I hit the FX button, the GUI for each vst won't come up at all. I tried deleting each VST from the FX panel and then reading them one by one and this actually worked, but when I opened the project again the next day, the problem was back- no sound, no GUI. All of the plugins I'm using are currently working on other projects so I'm not really sure what's going on but I'd like to figure it out as I'd gotten pretty far with the song before this happened. Thanks in advance!
Try saving out the MIDI data as MIDI tracks & start a new project. Then import your MIDI stuff track by track & put the plugin instruments back in. At least that way you still have the basic track elements & hopefully whatever was wrong in the original project will get dumped.