Old 05-27-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
balamouk69
Human being with feelings

Default Error Message

I have been getting frequent messages when I try to save projects stating; "There were errors copying media for this project: 77 files could not be copied/moved"
I'm trying to wrap up my first project in Reaper, and need some guidance- can anyone tell me what the problem could be and how to resolve it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
balamouk69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:00 AM   #2
DarkStar

More details will help us help you.

"77 files could not be copied"
Do they exist? Do they load in the project?
What is the destination folder? Is there enough room there?
How many files are used in the project? How many other files were copied OK?
Old 05-28-2014, 04:52 AM   #3
balamouk69

My problem is I have no idea what files the message is referring to- I assume it refers to the edits I have done. I get the message when I do a "Save As" or sometimes just a "Save" after editing. When I get that message, the program won't let me close the project- I have to close Reaper, and then I'm not able to get the project loaded again. I have to go back to a previously saved session.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:26 PM   #4
balamouk69

Wow- looks like I'm the only person that ever got an error message.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:38 PM   #5
zoso2

Mac or PC? Sometimes folder permissions can go wonky, look into that. Disk space could be another one. Are you saving to an internal or external hard drive?
zoso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:33 AM   #6
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Another source of this would be if you delete files outside of REAPER that are still referenced in the project, or when 2 projects share the same audio folder and you used "clean current project directory" in one of them.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:35 AM   #7
balamouk69

I'm using PC w/4 gig ram, and saving to internal hard drive. I back up to external hd using path sync about once a week. I have a 1TB Project HDD, and 320 GB System HDD. At this time I have not deleted any files except for the ones I lost by shutting down without saving because of this error issue. When I get the error message, it gives no explanation of what the problems are, and I can't find anything in the manuals or on the forum about it. I'm not trying anything tricky- I always either Save or Save As when I exit something. Very frustrating trying to figure this out
Old 05-31-2014, 04:46 AM   #8
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Alas it's very hard to understand what may or may not have gone wrong there from a distance. How do you organize your projects (even if that's your first project)? What is your default project folder (set in Preferences->General->Paths) and what is the exact path to it? Did you import any files or is that all recorded material?

I take it you don't get any errors when you open the project in REAPER? To what path are you trying to copy the files when you use "save as"?
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:13 AM   #9
balamouk69

I have all files in Desktop/MyDocuments/Reaper Media - Each project has a file with multiple song files under it. I save as RPP files and I usually create a subdirectory. I'm new to computer recording, and I'm still learning my way around windows. I have used computers a good bit at work, but we have a staff of guys who always deal with computer issues, so I never had to learn my way around it. Sorry if I don't communicate well about windows, but I need pretty simple instructions