Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 09-20-2018, 02:48 AM   #81
EvilDragon
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
OK for example the MIDI editor, it's great, it also cannot be saved in an open state in a template, for whatever reason.
It can. I use that with screensets all the time, MIDI editor is always on second monitor for me, like this. (Heh, old screenshot from when I was still on W7... it's not much different today.)

Preferences->Editing Behavior->MIDI Editor->[ ] Close editor when the active item is deleted in the arrange view
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:18 AM   #82
enroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miul View Post
I am really having hard time with this daw, never happened before, but, by the time they will make any changes, I will have my way around it. In this thread I was simply venting my frustration of so many hours spent understanding basic stuff that on any other platform are just a joke for me.
Haha, yeah - "hard times" are typical for Reaper newbies.
See here the typical learning curve (taken from "admiralbumblebee"):

These Loopings and "hard times" are the other side of the coin of
Reapers extreme flexibility. And thus one thing is most important:
It is crucial to first understand the concept behind Reapers
structures, so "reading the manual" + "learning concepts" comes
before using Reaper for any real song production.

Example

One example is the take-system: Other than in Cubase "takes" are
an entity only for effects, pitching and stretching. They have no
"position on their own". The position information is settled in
the parent-item only. Once you understood this concept you could
handle the take-system.

If you want to have "audio-clips" of different lengths in one
single track you can use different items in one track, if you
choose the mode "FIPM on" (Free item positioning mode on).

Conclusion

You can't have both: Extreme flexibility and
an easy simple learning curve!
Attached Images
File Type: gif reaper learning curve 01.gif (52.1 KB, 617 views)
Old 09-20-2018, 03:36 AM   #83
Miul

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
I do not get this, could you explain what exactly you like better about it??
To me not being able to freely draw comps limits the ability to improvise takes and choose the best improvisations. Splitting takes at the same point in time is great when you have a part worked out 100% and are trying to nail it etc, but to me it's in the way when it comes to using takes to compose.
Oh yes!
Miul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 04:50 AM   #84
Geoff Waddington

Ain't no free lunch...

That said, ALL software can be improved from SOMEONE'S perspective.

Here's a version of a graph that's a bit more neutral, dare I say a bit less "trollish"

Whether any given DAW is within YOUR sweet spot is substantially subjective.

Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 05:20 AM   #85
ivansc

EricTBone said:" I saw someone say that if you're not willing to download extensions and scripts, then you shouldn't be using Reaper, with the implication that Reaper is essentially broken at install and you need to build it up into a functioning DAW. It's bullshit, doing a disservice to Reaper and potentially chasing people away that would dig Reaper."

You replied: "I actually agree with the fact that without extensions it is pretty much useless."

I had said: "
My first **reaction** to that was to ***think to my self*** "this idiot obviously has no clue about DAWs if he genuinely thinks that" - even though you already told us at great length that you had years of experience with other DAWs"

You responded with: "Quote me where I've been rude. I can right away "this idiot obviously has no clue about DAWs if he genuinely thinks that".
Do you think with people like you we can have a real discussion?"

The reason I said what I THOUGHT but did not say as a response was that you totally mis-interpreted what EricTBone actually said, which is also what you are doing with my posts.

I for one am done here. Shame - we get a ton of these sorts of posts and I had hoped this one could be rescued and turned into a meaningful discussion. Ah, well...
Old 09-20-2018, 05:21 AM   #86
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Ain't no free lunch...

Here's a version of a graph that's a bit more neutral, dare I say a bit less "trollish"

Exactly, Geoff.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:44 AM   #87
Miul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
EricTBone said:" I saw someone say that if you're not willing to download extensions and scripts, then you shouldn't be using Reaper, with the implication that Reaper is essentially broken at install and you need to build it up into a functioning DAW. It's bullshit, doing a disservice to Reaper and potentially chasing people away that would dig Reaper."

You replied: "I actually agree with the fact that without extensions it is pretty much useless."

I had said: "
My first **reaction** to that was to ***think to my self*** "this idiot obviously has no clue about DAWs if he genuinely thinks that" - even though you already told us at great length that you had years of experience with other DAWs"

You responded with: "Quote me where I've been rude. I can right away "this idiot obviously has no clue about DAWs if he genuinely thinks that".
Do you think with people like you we can have a real discussion?"

The reason I said what I THOUGHT but did not say as a response was that you totally mis-interpreted what EricTBone actually said, which is also what you are doing with my posts.

I for one am done here. Shame - we get a ton of these sorts of posts and I had hoped this one could be rescued and turned into a meaningful discussion. Ah, well...
The guy said I must have a mental illness. End of discussion for me. You thought I must be stupid. What is there to “misinterpret”???
Old 09-20-2018, 05:46 AM   #88
Reno.thestraws

I do not agree that REAPER is more complex to learn than another DAW. This impression comes from the fact that the majority of the users are refugees of other DAWs who arrive with their habits, their certainties and especially the beautiful banner of creativity that the dev of their old DAW have carefully put on their eyes ...

REAPER is simple, just remember three things:
1) Right click everything,
2) Drag and drop,
3) Use action list and preferences filters.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:46 AM   #89
Miul

You guys can offend people easily, but than if I try to understand more of this software by pointing out what I don’t like you start whining....ohhhhh he offended my daw....ohhhhhhh. Is everybody going nut this period?
Old 09-20-2018, 05:52 AM   #90
AugerJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno.thestraws View Post
REAPER is simple, just remember three things:
1) Right click everything,
2) Drag and drop,
3) Use action list and preferences filters.
Great tips )
AugerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 05:53 AM   #91
enroe

Quote:
You guys can offend people easily, but than if I try to understand more of this software by pointing out what I don’t like you start whining....ohhhhh he offended my daw....ohhhhhhh. Is everybody going nut this period?
- what's your point? Different people have different opinions -
and they post them here.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:04 AM   #92
Miul

Quote:
Originally Posted by enroe View Post
- what's your point? Different people have different opinions -
and they post them here.
Are you talking to me right? it is not a mistake...you are asking to me the question you are making. You truly don't think you should make this question to the people that attacked me?
Well, honestly this is the very first times that somebody calls opinions insults. Congratulation, I thought you were reasonable before reading this one. But maybe you should just go over the post again, read them with proper attention, and than come back to me.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:50 AM   #93
Miul

Default After the insults, the silence.

The silence suddenly fell on the thread.

Shhhhh......silence, yes I know he's been insulted but he's against Reaper....
shhhh....just a stupid and a mental illness...but at the end he's wrong....
shhhhhh silence, if I go against them...who will advice me on my next problem.....shhhh....silence.

Be sylenth...cuck cluck cluck.....cluck....ohhhh what happened?!? The steak has canceled his post??? cluck cluck cluck.........
Old 09-20-2018, 09:08 AM   #94
EvilDragon

Timezones, not everyone is online all the time and responds within 5 minutes, etc.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #95
Miul

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Timezones, not everyone is online all the time and responds within 5 minutes, etc.
I will never know who run away...but who run away knows it
Old 09-20-2018, 09:39 AM   #96
EricTbone

Quote:
The silence suddenly fell on the thread.

Shhhhh......silence, yes I know he's been insulted but he's against Reaper....
shhhh....just a stupid and a mental illness...but at the end he's wrong....
shhhhhh silence, if I go against them...who will advice me on my next problem.....shhhh....silence.

Be sylenth...cuck cluck cluck.....cluck....ohhhh what happened?!? The steak has canceled his post??? cluck cluck cluck.........
First, I didn't call you mentally ill. I was referring to the apparent mental block you're having where you can't see the forest for the trees. However, to be honest, I'm pretty sure you're just a troll. It's very typical troll behavior to ignore all the points in a post, latch on to something they can deem offensive and make it 100% about that. Also, it makes no sense for someone who "wouldn't wish Reaper on their worst enemy" to spend months hanging out on a Reaper forum. Not a troll? Try again (I even updated the post for you).

Second, if there was any question about your mental health, your latest post (quoted above) would not be helping your case. You're literally clucking like a chicken and calling me a "steak". o.O
EricTbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #97
strachupl

There is something like Realigion here, you must know.

I also will add something. Feature requests are pointless. Rename it API requests.
The most happy FR done last time was AI but so buggy and unexpected things hapenning when work with them. Also users had better ideas for AI system but we have what we have now, complicated, buggy.

If Reaper is so about minimalism for maxing performance remove Reasynth and RSdrums, ridiculous vsts just making impression there is too much entries on fxlist.

Scripts the second name of Reaper cant be even tittlebarless to look nice and integrated because removing or changing it will destroy misterious reaper performance and whole reaper code must be rewritten.
Some of lines, shadows, visual things cant be change for same reason.

Reaper is amazing, I use it almost everyday, it irritates me often but is the best still, amen.
strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:56 AM   #98
Meo-Ada Mespotine

As understandable your request is, the flexibility allows a lot with Reaper.

For instance, we modified Reaper for Podcaster's need with ultraschall.fm
With themes, screensets, shortcuts, scripts, actions, settings best fitting for Podcaster.
Our modification is quite useless for musicians, but for those, it is possible to modify Reaper as well.

Sure, when you're not into the modifying parts of Reaper, it's really overwhelming. But if you are, you can make it the best DAW for your needs.
And maybe, your attempt, settings, shortcuts, workflows are useful for others as well. In that case, you could share your configuration with others and work on improving it for the use-case-scenario that you are modifiying Reaper for, just as we do with Ultraschall for podcasters.

So yes, I understand your concern, but I doubt, the devs would give up the current approach, as Reaper is AFAIK the only DAW so flexible for customization.
And I wouldn't give up this for anything.

PS: If you're interested in modifying Reaper and getting rid of all the difficult stuff, there's tons of ressources and helpful people in here.
The JSFX/SCripts-discussions-board is also helpful with programming scripts in case you can't code at all and I'm sure, there are many in the theme-developing too, who could help.

So, if Reaper is too difficult the way it is in it's "virgin-form": start a mod, that makes it better and share it with us, improve it with us and make it as non-programmeable-course-like as possible.

That's what the greatest strength of Reaper is, so use it to your advantage.
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:59 AM   #99
EricTbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
Reaper cant be even tittlebarless to look nice and integrated because removing or changing it will destroy misterious reaper performance and whole reaper code must be rewritten. Some of lines, shadows, visual things cant be change for same reason.
Yeah, I made the mistake of backing somebody up who complained about this and got shit on by the entire forum. I'd not pretend for a minute that Reaper is perfect. In fact, I'd say Reaper is generally buggier than Cubase. But again, I prefer Reaper's bugs over Cubase's bugs. Reaper bugs have never destroyed my project.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:03 AM   #100
Miul

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
There is something like Realigion here, you must know.

I also will add something. Feature requests are pointless. Rename it API requests.
The most happy FR done last time was AI but so buggy and unexpected things hapenning when work with them. Also users had better ideas for AI system but we have what we have now, complicated, buggy.

If Reaper is so about minimalism for maxing performance remove Reasynth and RSdrums, ridiculous vsts just making impression there is too much entries on fxlist.

Scripts the second name of Reaper cant be even tittlebarless to look nice and integrated because removing or changing it will destroy misterious reaper performance and whole reaper code must be rewritten.
Some of lines, shadows, visual things cant be change for same reason.

Reaper is amazing, I use it almost everyday, it irritates me often but is the best still, amen.
I see your points, I respect it. I might not agree...but actually I don't know yet completely.

In fact, I'm here to understand. But the only thing I understand is that this forum, like any other daw forum, is populated by people that identify themselves so much in the daw, not to be able to bear any critic at "their Daw" (which is in fact solely of the owner) without becoming aggressive. Impressive. The net, with its ability to communicate without showing who we really are is making us monsters.
Therefore, this thread is not anymore about reaper, is about religion, as you said. Is about respect for others opinion. it is about not giving for granted that just because somebody think different from you is stupid. Might not just be less acknowledged? Sometimes, reading what I consider absurd things, this is the way I think, but never passed through my mind that somebody was stupid or ill because did not agree with me that Reaper has got the worst comping that I know.
This is why right now, for me is a bit difficult to keep talking about the technicalities of it, because those issues, come much earlier than understanding what software is better at doing and why.

Cheers
My name is Mauro Iuliano and anybody can make research on the internet to see who I am...not a troll for sure.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:30 AM   #101
EvilDragon

I don't think I was aggressive in my responses to you in this thread? Not all of us here are aggressive. Quite the opposite, frankly.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:36 AM   #102
Miul

Quote:
I don't think I was aggressive in my responses to you in this thread? Not all of us here are aggressive. Quite the opposite, frankly.
You've never been aggressive with me. Then if you think that somebody writing you have a mental disease or you are stupid is not aggressive...well, that means we don't only disagree about daws...but I don't think this is your thought.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:02 AM   #103
JamesPeters

"I'm being insulted!"

"The WHOLE FORUM ganged up on me!"

I have a hard time sympathizing. Maybe it's because I've been on OTHER FORUMS...lol. The Reaper forums are so tame by comparison.

State what you dislike in a way that is objective and maybe you can avoid the dreaded HURT FEELINGS.

PS. This is directed at more than one person.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:57 AM   #104
Miul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
"I'm being insulted!"

"The WHOLE FORUM ganged up on me!"

I have a hard time sympathizing. Maybe it's because I've been on OTHER FORUMS...lol. The Reaper forums are so tame by comparison.

State what you dislike in a way that is objective and maybe you can avoid the dreaded HURT FEELINGS.

PS. This is directed at more than one person.
And who decide what is objective James...you?
Basically, you are saying that because the other forum are worse than this one (which is not true) somebody can say with easiness that somebody else is stupid!
And who would makes this forum better than the others, people like you?
Old 09-20-2018, 12:03 PM   #105
JamesPeters

Quote:
And who decide what is objective James...you?
Basically, you are saying that because the other forum are worse than this one (which is not true) somebody can say with easiness that somebody else is stupid!
And who would makes this forum better than the others, people like you?
Where's the crybaby icon when you need it.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:05 PM   #106
Miul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
Where's the crybaby icon when you need it.
Yours there isn't, James. Be sure.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:06 PM   #107
karbomusic

Quote:
You've never been aggressive with me. Then if you think that somebody writing you have a mental disease or you are stupid is not aggressive...well, that means we don't only disagree about daws...but I don't think this is your thought.
I really plan on staying away from most of this but the OP said a statement of yours was stupid, not that you were stupid. I have no power as to how you decide to receive it, nor can I comment on the OPs demeanor in the forum in general, but there is a reason there is such a distinction - generally it is to exactly separate an action (non-personal) from a person (personal).

Secondly, if you want to understand more about how this type thing occurs see this link below - maybe not a perfect match but useful nonetheless. Yes, I'm being sincere here so at least read it for no other reason than the understanding it may provide whomever reads it in the future.

http://www.mit.edu/~jcb/tact.html
Old 09-20-2018, 12:26 PM   #108
Miul

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
I really plan on staying away from most of this but the OP said a statement of yours was stupid, not that you were stupid. I have no power as to how you decide to receive it, nor can I comment on the OPs demeanor in the forum in general, but there is a reason there is such a distinction - generally it is to exactly separate an action (non-personal) from a person (personal).

Secondly, if you want to understand more about how this type thing occurs see this link below - maybe not a perfect match but useful nonetheless. Yes, I'm being sincere here so at least read it for no other reason than the understanding it may provide whomever reads it in the future.

http://www.mit.edu/~jcb/tact.html
You must have not seen the post that originated all this. The guy said: you must be mental sick (I don't remember the exact adjective, it was not this one but same meaning). The post has been removed by the guy, and after probably, by a moderator who canceled also my reply to cancel the original post. But nobody apologized to me. And this is not about whining, it's about understanding what kind of people you are dealing with.
Anyway, as long as I understand your point, everybody is sometime stupid or says stupid things, it would be case to avoid call a sentence stupid if you don't know each other pretty well. Besides, as I said, this was not the case as the sentence was absolutely personal.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:54 PM   #109
karbomusic

Quote:
You must have not seen the post that originated all this. The guy said: you must be mental sick (I don't remember the exact adjective, it was not this one but same meaning). The post has been removed by the guy, and after probably, by a moderator who canceled also my reply to cancel the original post. But nobody apologized to me. And this is not about whining, it's about understanding what kind of people you are dealing with.
Anyway, as long as I understand your point, everybody is sometime stupid or says stupid things, it would be case to avoid call a sentence stupid if you don't know each other pretty well. Besides, as I said, this was not the case as the sentence was absolutely personal.
I'm talking about this post below, I was unable to find mental or sick in any 'other' thread in the first 100 posts and I don't 'think' any posts have been deleted...

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=67

Nevertheless, I think it's a waste of time to hyper focus on it, it isn't really helping anything. I'm not disagreeing with your point that the delivery could have been better, just saying better to not give it more power by focusing on it.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:58 PM   #110
Masi

Quote:
You must have not seen the post that originated all this.
Come on. You were asking for trouble by posting a rant in a feature request forum. While I agree that no-one - except maybe the developers - should have taken this personally - it was a mistake of you to do write that post.

You wrote in wrath, and wrath came back to you. I had hoped that you would calm down and make some serious suggestments on how Reaper could be improved. Yet you kept on fighting other users or continuing with a silly Cubase vs Reaper battle (what about other DAWs)? Now you are only raging.

If I weren't so curious where this all will lead to I should have stopped reading this thread long ago.

Masi
Masi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #111
machinesworking

Quote:
It can. I use that with screensets all the time, MIDI editor is always on second monitor for me, like this. (Heh, old screenshot from when I was still on W7... it's not much different today.)

Preferences->Editing Behavior->MIDI Editor->[ ] Close editor when the active item is deleted in the arrange view
Thanks! should have looked to see if it was a possible preference. This goes back to my point about vanilla Reaper maybe starting off in familiar waters (same commands for all windows, MIDI Editor open unless set up in preferences not to be)... it's not the end of the world or anything, it's just a lot of WTF? moments if you've used a lot of other DAWs..
machinesworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:12 PM   #112
EricTbone

Quote:
You must have not seen the post that originated all this. The guy said: you must be mental sick (I don't remember the exact adjective, it was not this one but same meaning). The post has been removed by the guy
The post is right here. I said "your mental dysfunction" in reference to your profound inability to see anything other Reaper's flaws. I changed this to "mental block" after you threw a tantrum, hoping you'd then choose to address my points, but you're clearly more interested in drama than actual debate, which is why I called you a troll. You're behaving like one.

Here's what I called a "stupid, leading statement":

Quote:
the lacking of a groove to audio function how makes it better to Cubase?
How the hell would a feature missing from Reaper make it better than a DAW that has that feature? This is just pure trolling and you know it.

We could give you the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to English as a second language, but that excuse can't be used here:

Quote:
Franky, I don't give a shit what you think about me or say about me, but if you're going throw a tantrum over an imagined personal slight while calling other people chickens, you're a hypocrite.

So how about you just drop the sanctimonious nonsense? It's cringeworthy.

I asked you in my last post and I'll ask you again: what DAW are you happy with, and why aren't you using it? You've said you wouldn't wish Reaper on your worst enemy, and that you literally can't understand how anyone can be happy with it, yet you've been here for months and you're still using it. Why? Is there nothing better? Are you broke? Do we need to start a gofundme campaign so you can tell some other product forum how worthless their software is?

Last edited by EricTbone; 09-20-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:26 PM   #113
machinesworking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masi View Post
If I weren't so curious where this all will lead to I should have stopped reading this thread long ago.

Masi
Mad props to evildragon for talking about the program itself instead of hurt feelings garbage...

I got clue as to where to look to change template behavior for the MIDI editor, so reading through peoples antagonistic overtly emotional posts either defending Reaper or saying it's flawed etc. paid off in my case!
Old 09-20-2018, 04:12 PM   #114
machinesworking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Ain't no free lunch...

Lol! if you assume that the same color scheme applies, you're saying DP is infinitely complex, Reaper is until it crashes and Pro tools hovers around the sweet spot, not quite getting there.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:11 PM   #115
Miul

Quote:
I'm talking about this post below, I was unable to find mental or sick in any 'other' thread in the first 100 posts and I don't 'think' any posts have been deleted...

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=67

Nevertheless, I think it's a waste of time to hyper focus on it, it isn't really helping anything. I'm not disagreeing with your point that the delivery could have been better, just saying better to not give it more power by focusing on it.
Now you are able. Just look above for the tamed comment (by writer admission)

Last edited by Miul; 09-20-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #116
Miul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masi View Post
Come on. You were asking for trouble by posting a rant in a feature request forum. While I agree that no-one - except maybe the developers - should have taken this personally - it was a mistake of you to do write that post.

You wrote in wrath, and wrath came back to you. I had hoped that you would calm down and make some serious suggestments on how Reaper could be improved. Yet you kept on fighting other users or continuing with a silly Cubase vs Reaper battle (what about other DAWs)? Now you are only raging.

Masi
I wrote In sarcasm and I’ve been replied in wrath, with offenses.

The problem is that most of you guys read what I write thinking I'm raging, what raging?!? At the most I'm writing out of disappointment for what I wish it was my landing daw and finding it absolutely inadapt to my workflow.

It was not a silly battle about cubase. I never battle about which daw is better is I cannot be careless about it, furthermore, I don’t use Cubase and I don’t even know it, aside form a few video I have watched when I had to decide it against reaper. I was interested, as I clearly stated in my very calm post by specifying that my only intention was to understanding his point of view (just because I know how most people here, for somewhat reason that I cannot understand, gets so emotional about the daw they are using, in the technicality. I was partially answered, with insults and in grief tone, which you probably read as at that time you were part of the discussion...and I am the one raging?
Old 09-20-2018, 07:03 PM   #117
karbomusic

Quote:
At the most I'm writing out of disappointment for what I wish it was my landing daw and finding it absolutely inadapt to my workflow.
Pot, meet kettle. I get what you are saying but work with me on the humor.

Quote:
I cannot understand, gets so emotional about the daw they are using, in the technicality.
Disappointment and its expression, is also an emotion, you may not realize you are speaking from an emotional position in some of your replies - that's true for many of us as humans. It may unwittingly dare for emotional responses as well.

Quote:
Disappointment is the feeling of dissatisfaction that follows the failure of expectations or hopes to manifest. Similar to regret, it differs in that a person who feels regret focuses primarily on the personal choices that contributed to a poor outcome, while a person feeling disappointment focuses on the outcome itself. It is a source of psychological stress.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:10 PM   #118
Miul

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTbone View Post
The post is right here. I said "your mental dysfunction" in reference to your profound inability to see anything other Reaper's flaws. I changed this to "mental block" after you threw a tantrum, hoping you'd then choose to address my points, but you're clearly more interested in drama than actual debate, which is why I called you a troll. You're behaving like one.

Here's what I called a "stupid, leading statement":

How the hell would a feature missing from Reaper make it better than a DAW that has that feature? This is just pure trolling and you know it.

We could give you the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to English as a second language, but that excuse can't be used here:

Franky, I don't give a shit what you think about me or say about me, but if you're going throw a tantrum over an imagined personal slight while calling other people chickens, you're a hypocrite.

So how about you just drop the sanctimonious nonsense? It's cringeworthy.

I asked you in my last post and I'll ask you again: what DAW are you happy with, and why aren't you using it? You've said you wouldn't wish Reaper on your worst enemy, and that you literally can't understand how anyone can be happy with it, yet you've been here for months and you're still using it. Why? Is there nothing better? Are you broke? Do we need to start a gofundme campaign so you can tell some other product forum how worthless their software is?
By writing this post and rephasing it, although I consider it an improper form, you sort of apologize for the insult you wrote. I always appreciate who can do so, therefore, I will start replying back to you.

I don’t understand what “hypocrisy” has got to do in your sentence so I will slide on this one (although being an hypocrite, writing sanctimonious nonsense, are not nice things and you are kind of falling back there...)

I've already explained in details what “the worst enemy” sentence means. You are making an improper use of it.

How can a non existing function be better if there is not? By having a work around in reaper, by being so crap in cubase that is not usable (like in my opinion was in logic until I used it), by considering reaper so much superior that the lack of it is just a little drawback, by not being interested in the function.
I gave you in 2 minutes a bunch of options that look a bit further than the easiness of calling somebody a troll.

Clearly, I haven’t found a daw that suits me well. I might try to produce with S1 and mix in reaper, but switching daw it’s a solution I’ve always tried to avoid. Although, at the moment I don’t see how to produce in Reaper with some key feature, for my workflow, missing.

Last but not the least, you said that reaper has got the best comping you've seen. I think is the worst. You see, by making questions you understand the compatibility, in terms of workflow, with another person. I discovered that you are not the right person that I can consult, as much as I couldn’t for you, as we might have a completely different way of approaching a task.

This is what is all about. My best wish right now would be to be able to see you guys working on reaper live and understanding how you make things. Often people wants to read feelings and emotion in a few lines. It should be avoided, because most of the times, you are just going to assume something that cannot be further from reality.

Cheers
Old 09-20-2018, 07:22 PM   #119
Miul

Quote:
Pot, meet kettle. I get what you are saying but work with me on the humor.

Disappointment and its expression, is also an emotion, you may not realize you are speaking from an emotional position in some of your replies - that's true for many of us as humans. It may unwittingly dare for emotional responses as well.
If you like irony and sarcasm you should be able to see it in my original post, but it seems like everybody is imaging me in a strong state of rage...I was actually laughing a lot.

But the disappointment, and so the emotional irrationality, should be mine, why people who sits so well with reaper are so emotional?
Old 09-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #120
karbomusic

Here's something to be aware of, the value isn't about being in agreement with it, but rather understanding that it's fairly accurate:

Reaper is a very capable DAW, it's used from smallest most meager bedroom setups to platinum producers and even the BBC in some form. Some of those users frequent these forums from time to time.

If someone approaches reaper with assumptions of how they think things should/must work (more so if headstrong), they almost always walk away frustrated and disappointed. If they approach it as "I wonder what this baby can do" and learn it without those forced assumptions, they often become "lifers" and work faster and more efficiently than many realize is even possible.

That doesn't come for free, sorry, it takes some upfront effort and time to reach that pinnacle and every person will become frustrated somewhere along the way because learning hurts a little - that's why most don't like it.

All DAWs require some amount of learning, but Reaper's extreme customizability requires a little more to get it set up "just so". For some that just doesn't work out, they don't have any desire to spend that up front time or to consider following Reaper's abilities instead of trying to shoehorn them - that is perfectly valid but it is also a sign that it may not be the right DAW for them. I personally am very glad all DAWs don't work identically, because I want that choice to have choices - that's exactly how I wound up here. I remember when I first installed reaper, it wasn't that unintuitive to me but it took me some time to design my perfect workflow, then I was done other than the occasional need that pops up which is almost always solved with a new toolbar button or key stroke.

I'm not trying to pin any of this on you, but it is very important to understand because I can tell by your opening post that you don't know Reaper very well and it's difficult to speak from a convincing position when a number of the gripes are misunderstandings or lack of knowledge of how Reaper works - not to mention the arseload of cool stuff you have no idea even exists yet.