COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 07-24-2017, 10:35 AM   #1
bozmillar
Human being with feelings

Default Plugin Coalition

I'm curious to know if anyone would be interested in starting a plugin coalition. I've been creating and selling plugins as my full time job for the past 4 years, and I was thinking back onto the whole starting out phase and remembering how hard it was.

The thing is, the ability to create good plugins is a completely different skill set than the ability to sell plugins, and with the right combo, a few of us could probably help each other out.

This idea is still in "idea" phase, so I still don't have any set in stone plan or anything, I'm just testing the waters to see if this is something that anyone would be interested in exploring.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
Youlean

I would be interested to try. From my point of view we could make one plugin to test the waters. My strong skills will be anything related to workflow and GUI.
Youlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #3
CoryT

I'm interested. Selling that is. I know nothing about creating a plugin.
CoryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:12 PM   #4
random_id

I would be interested in something. I am not sure what I bring, other than pessimism and procrastination.

I think the buzz that would be generated by several of us working together would be a huge benefit for everyone.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:13 PM   #5
MSK

I'd be very interested it joining. I'm almost done with my first plugin, and I think it would be incredibly valuable for me, since I'm looking to make this my full time gig.
MSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #6
bozmillar

Awesome. I'm open to brainstorming about the best way to go about doing it. I'm thinking I don't want it to be an exclusive thing, but I don't want to turn it into just another plugin retailer either.

It could be a bunch of brands selling in one store, or a new brand altogether. I wouldn't want the developers to be anonymous, because I'd want the coalition to bring in publicity and sales to the original stores as well.

The storefront, the marketing, the support, the development all need a level of quality to them. But at the same time, one of the biggest advantages of being a small developer is you can be more experimental with your plugins, and I definitely would not want anyone to lose that advantage. It's also what keeps this stuff fun to do (at least for me).
Old 07-25-2017, 04:41 AM   #7
JD Young

Definitely interested to know more I've only been creating and selling plug-ins full time since January, but so far so good. In any case, it would be great to share experiences. Great initiative!

JD