Old 12-11-2020, 11:24 PM   #721
maxdembo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgon View Post
"Might be overthinking it?" There's only two images, a carrot and a syringe, and only two words i.e "smack" and "salad". I wonder if there's anyone else who would immediately see the connection

Of course it's up to you what images you post and why but I'll not be associated with that and so won't be adding a view to that channel nor corresponding with you further.
It was a random phrase. The connotations came from that random phrase. I gave it to a mate, he came up with that image. Maybe its a reference to food being as addictive as heroin. Are metaphors a problem for you? Im not literally suggesting anyone add heroin to a salad, nor am I suggesting anyone inject themselves with a carrot.

Taking it so literally, and using it as a reason to block someone, or something, is massively overthinking it, and entirely down to you.

I recommend doing this kinda thing via private messaging next time.
Old 12-12-2020, 03:41 AM   #722
morgon

Perceptions are important, I publicly cast aspersions on that graphic bc I wanted to disassociate myself from it, publicly after having endorsed your fine audio work.

If you're having to explain away such perceptions of a graphic
then it's not a good look imo.

If I've done you a disservice then I apologise, but I would just add that such a graphic is something I would never have as cover art bc of those likely negative perceptions, and I wouldn't need to think too long to arrive at that decision.

There's been a lot tragedy surrounding "smack", my brother died of it, many other's kin also, maybe you didn't anticipate the offending aspect of it, and I don't offend easily, been posting here for seven years lol.

Anyways, I look forward to your future projects, take care.
Old 12-12-2020, 04:09 AM   #723
maxdembo

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgon View Post
Perceptions are important, I publicly cast aspersions on that graphic bc I wanted to disassociate myself from it, publicly after having endorsed your fine audio work.

If you're having to explain away such perceptions of a graphic
then it's not a good look imo.

If I've done you a disservice then I apologise, but I would just add that such a graphic is something I would never have as cover art bc of those likely negative perceptions, and I wouldn't need to think too long to arrive at that decision.

There's been a lot tragedy surrounding "smack", my brother died of it, many other's kin also, maybe you didn't anticipate the offending aspect of it, and I don't offend easily, been posting here for seven years lol.

Anyways, I look forward to your future projects, take care.
There is nothing to explain, and you havent done me a disservice, you've done yourself one. You're not showing this threads intention or its participants any respect whatsoever. Its not the 'stretching for a moral judgement' thread, or pissing on peoples work thread. You can do that in my song release threads on a different part of the forum

Im not having to explain anything away, you asked for an explanation so I gave you one? Thats how that works. I look forward to not replying to any further questions, your honour.

And you dont know me either, yes my personal life has been touched by this also, again tho, thats absolutely none of your business or is in any way the point of this thread and I'm not going to start divulging details in a 'who has more right to be offended than the other' hurt party drivel argument (tho I arguably already have done).

Of all threads to do this in, you wanna piss on someones work in a thread thats for people who dont get shit finished. And to apologise and then double down on what you've apologised for is just nonsense

Get back on topic. You can have the last word if you want it, anything further from me will be back on topic

Sorry to anyone else having to waste their time reading this utterly contrived and pointless exchange
Old 12-12-2020, 11:33 AM   #724
morgon

Alright, here's my last word. All that ^^ sounds like a lot of plausible deniability, the term "smack salad" can easily and logically mean a concoction of drugs which includes heroin.

You're the one dropping that here amongst us and we're supposed to carry on like nothing, and not "rubbish your work" by protesting it.

The "randomness" of the term and image is difficult to accept imo. You said in the PM it might for example refer to food addiction. Who the hell is addicted to carrots besides some cartoon character?
Old 12-12-2020, 12:49 PM   #725
morgon

The Martini, cocktail of alcholic drinks with some vegetable on the side, not much a stretch of the imagination to compare the two images

Old 12-12-2020, 12:51 PM   #726
zeekat

Carrot/banana juice was the bomb. Mighty heartburn though.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:34 PM   #727
morgon

Last word on it [part 2] I see maxdembo's comment about me *disrespecting* a thread about "getting things done". Is the "smack salad" graphic supposed to suggest a way to "get things done?" I call total bullshit on any such notion.

Junkiedom is a pathetically useless and all but completely hopeless condition, not to be recommended under any circumstances.

Well, have at it max, you upped the ante, balls in your court maaate.

Last edited by morgon; 12-13-2020 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Substituted "condition" for "situation"
Old 12-13-2020, 01:39 AM   #728
maxdembo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
Carrot/banana juice was the bomb. Mighty heartburn though.
Bombs kill people, no metaphors or abstractions allowed!

Add a bit of ginger zing to that smoothie and it goes nuclear.

Anyway, I've spent a large chunk of this weekend lining up two different videos of Bing Crosby, from 20 years apart, singing White Christmas (its all about cocaine, Bing liked to bang). One is a 1957 tv special directed by and co starring Frank Sinatra, the other is a UK tv special from 1977 (the one that featured David Bowie and Little Drummer Boy, ra pah pah pom)

Now Im going to try and line it up to the grid a little, and add some drums and subharmonicon for a very Smacksalad Xmas

Seasons greeblings and good will to all
Old 12-13-2020, 05:02 AM   #729
zeekat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdembo View Post
Anyway, I've spent a large chunk of this weekend lining up two different videos of Bing Crosby, from 20 years apart, singing White Christmas (its all about cocaine, Bing liked to bang)
Old 12-13-2020, 05:58 AM   #730
morgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdembo View Post
And you dont know me either, yes my personal life has been touched by this also, again tho, thats absolutely none of your business or is in any way the point of this thread and I'm not going to start divulging details in a 'who has more right to be offended..
I never made your "personal life" my "business".

Conversely, concern about the proliferation of destructive illicit [and many legal] drugs in society is everyone's business.

And "smack" is a false equivalence to most cocaine of past eras in terms of rapidity of addiction and rate of decline into morbidity. But modern "crack" cocaine of course is also extremely and rapidly destructive.
Old 12-13-2020, 08:04 AM   #731
morgon

"Disrespect" is bringing illicit drug paraphernalia into a thread, no asking permission from the OP, not bothering about consensus of opinion from forum regulars, just dumping it like a big turd in the middle of the room, no doubt with a view to disrupt the good, proper nature and success of this thread.

Afaic "max" you can take your drug pushing apologist/promotional paraphernalia and fuck off.

I wonder how Cockos views illicit drug promotional material on this site
Closed Thread