Old 01-20-2020, 12:41 PM   #1
eufex
Human being with feelings

Default Snap to grid

Snap to grid doesn't seem to work correctly - set it for 1 measure and you can place both audio and MIDI in other positions apart from exactly on the bar in the arrange window - extremely annoying and totally messed a 60 track arrangement up - everything all over the place and out of time, having to go through it all part by part and move a fraction.
eufex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #2
eufex

Maybe I should have posted this in the bugs sticky: didn’t see it?
But I actually wondered if anyone else is experiencing this. I Googled it, naturally, and it seems older versions on other platforms used to do it?
Old 01-21-2020, 01:59 PM   #3
tls11823

Do you have gridlines enabled? If not, snapping won't work.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:03 AM   #4
eufex

Hi
Yes grid lines are enabled. It kind of snaps, it’s not a random placement as if completely switched off. For example if you set it to 1 bar it snaps but it can snap to either side of the bar line: it’s not just an audio thing you can see it on the screen, you can move whatever you’re moving either side of the line, let go and it will snap, but not to the line, looks like maybe a frame?
Obviously when you’re zoomed out, grab a bunch of parts and drag copy, they all look like they’re in the correct place. You play through, sounds ok. Then you add one more drag copied part and because its not snapped to the same spot it’s out of time. Plus depending on where the main bulk of copied tracks landed they can be in or out of ultimate tune with the preceding chunk of tracks.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:34 PM   #5
Peevy

Have you got snap relative to grid enabled? Because if you do this will create an offset for each item & won't snap 100% to the grid.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:55 AM   #6
eufex

No snap relative is off.

Attached is a screen capture of it doing it . Maybe it's something I don't understand I don't know but if I select snap to grid any just about any sequencer it snaps to grid. If you move a part completely on its own with no other parts around it , it snaps as you expect.
If other parts are around it - i.e. either side and (say) the preceding part end is shorter than the grid it will either snap to that or the grid or will actually go to the right of the grid as well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vokoscreen-2020-01-28_17-47-40.mkv.zip (819.1 KB, 107 views)