Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > LICEcap Discussion

Old 11-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #1
mllondono
Human being with feelings

Default “LICEcap.app” needs to be updated for macOS Catalina 10.15.1

Ever since updating to macOS Catalina 10.15.1, Licecap won't work. Will you be updating from 32-bit to 64-bit technology?
mllondono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:33 AM   #2
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mllondono View Post
Ever since updating to macOS Catalina 10.15.1, Licecap won't work. Will you be updating from 32-bit to 64-bit technology?
LICEcap v1.29 is 64/32-bit, and compatible with 10.15 Catalina, but not yet notarized.
After installation, be sure to check macOS System Preferences > Security.

https://www.cockos.com/licecap/
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:21 AM   #3
slbaumgartner

I can't get LICEcap to work on macOS Catalina 10.15.1. It opens and when I click the Record button the usual dialog pops up to choose the destination, but then I can't get anything inside the LICEcap capture window to respond to mouse or keyboard. I couldn't find any indication in the System Preferences->Security & Privacy that LICEcap was being blocked.

What am I missing?
slbaumgartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 03:43 PM   #4
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbaumgartner View Post
I can't get LICEcap to work on macOS Catalina 10.15.1. It opens and when I click the Record button the usual dialog pops up to choose the destination, but then I can't get anything inside the LICEcap capture window to respond to mouse or keyboard. I couldn't find any indication in the System Preferences->Security & Privacy that LICEcap was being blocked.

What am I missing?
Under Security & Privacy, make sure that LICEcap (v1.29) is present and checked by both "Input Monitoring" and also "Screen Recording". If it's not present both places, unlock the panel and drag/add the app to the list.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:31 AM   #5
melonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Under Security & Privacy, make sure that LICEcap (v1.29) is present and checked by both "Input Monitoring" and also "Screen Recording". If it's not present both places, unlock the panel and drag/add the app to the list.
The same problem.
it's impossible to add the app to Screen recording section manually. Only app itself can do this. http://joxi.ru/GrqVRd1h4JjE1m?d=1

So for now unfortunately Licecap 1.29 doesn't work with OSX Catalina v. 10.15.1
melonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:41 PM   #6
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonor View Post
The same problem.
it's impossible to add the app to Screen recording section manually. Only app itself can do this. http://joxi.ru/GrqVRd1h4JjE1m?d=1

So for now unfortunately Licecap 1.29 doesn't work with OSX Catalina v. 10.15.1
yes pardon me, only Input Monitoring have the options (for in-app control).

I’m not sure what could be the issue, perhaps some missing entitlements in LICEcap. Here on initial launch, I was prompted to allow system access for both locations, and for some reason it works here under 10.15.1. Perhaps because an older LICEcap.app was migrated from former system.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:33 AM   #7
rhenium3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
I'm having the same issue, LICEcap is completely broken on this new OS. I went to these section but LICEcap wasn't available there. No way to drag or add it to the app list. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the newest version with no success.
rhenium3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:25 AM   #8
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenium3 View Post
I'm having the same issue, LICEcap is completely broken on this new OS. I went to these section but LICEcap wasn't available there. No way to drag or add it to the app list. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the newest version with no success.
hmm what a bummer… if you haven’t already, you should report it.

As a suggestion to fix it, I would;
  1. completely un-install LICEcap and all its preferences.
  2. Restart system, re-install LICEcap 1.29 and keep en eye on any system prompts that might show up during first launch.
If still not working, try run this command in Terminal:
Code:
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /drag LICEcap.app here
Old 02-26-2020, 08:31 AM   #9
flowchartsman

Having tried all of the methods in this thread, I can confirm that it's still broken for me. I'm simply unable to get it to start recording after selecting the destination. I've added it to input monitoring, but there is no way to add it to "screen recording", and there is never a request for the application to enable it. It's just not there as an option.
flowchartsman is offline   Reply With Quote