Old 04-01-2018, 03:04 AM   #1
cern.th.skei
Human being with feelings

Default hasCockosNoScrollUI

Hi!
I am updating my VST plugin framework/library, and currently I'm experimenting with adding support for various extensions to the VST (2.4) specs.
Reaper asks me (effCanDo) if my plugin "hasCockosNoScrollUI", but I can't find any info about this..
"hasCockosExtensions" is documentet here, but nothing about "hasCockosNoScrollUI"
Anyone knows anything?

- Tor-Helge

Update: in Linux, Reaper also asks for "hasCockosViewAsConfig", which (according to the vst extension link above) means: "When loading a VST plug-in on OS X, REAPER asks the plug-in if it would like to use Cocoa for its UI." .. What does that mean for Linux?

Last edited by cern.th.skei; 04-01-2018 at 05:54 AM. Reason: additional testing
cern.th.skei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:54 AM   #2
olilarkin

I think that reaper has some extra undocumented extensions for reaper plug-ins. you might be best off asking via askjf.com
Old 04-02-2018, 07:10 AM   #3
cern.th.skei

yeah.. just wondered if anybody else knew anything.. also, at the top of that page, it says: "Note: please do not ask questions about REAPER features, bugs or scheduling, use the forums instead." :-) but it's probably best to send him an email, i guess..

- tor-helge

Last edited by cern.th.skei; 04-02-2018 at 07:14 AM. Reason: update
cern.th.skei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:34 AM   #4
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cern.th.skei View Post
Hi!
I am updating my VST plugin framework/library, and currently I'm experimenting with adding support for various extensions to the VST (2.4) specs.
Reaper asks me (effCanDo) if my plugin "hasCockosNoScrollUI", but I can't find any info about this..
"hasCockosExtensions" is documentet here, but nothing about "hasCockosNoScrollUI"
Best to ignore that one, it's used internally (returning 0xbeef0000 will disable scrollbars and possibly mess with some other stuff).

Quote:
Update: in Linux, Reaper also asks for "hasCockosViewAsConfig", which (according to the vst extension link above) means: "When loading a VST plug-in on OS X, REAPER asks the plug-in if it would like to use Cocoa for its UI." .. What does that mean for Linux?
For Linux it (0xbeef0000) means that the plug-in uses libSwell.so for its UI, and effEditOpen receives a libSwell HWND rather than an X window ID.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:36 AM   #5
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
but it's probably best to send him an email, i guess..
YES! I'm happy to reply to technical questions by email!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:31 AM   #6
cern.th.skei

thanks!

at the moment, my library/framework is focused on vst 2.4, since that is supported everywhere.. but after the latest steinberg announcements, i'm a bit uncertain about how much effort i should put into the vst2 part.. i will keep support for it, for the time being, but also look at other formats, to "future-proof" the framework..

i recently dug up some of my old code, for ladspa and dssi support, and quickly added that back in.. at the moment i'm looking at both lv2 and vst3.. but they're both quite a mess, and i probably have to do some trickery/hacks to make them work with how my framework is set up!

we'll see how it goes..