Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-17-2021, 03:05 PM   #1121
Cragster
Human being with feelings

Is the encoder acceleration and tick size and all the same for an encoder on an OSC tablet surface ? Im still trying to wrap my head around this acceleration stuff.I do ok with the physical surfaces but not too well on this OSC pad. i dont know . Dont think im getting it. Really not getting it with OSC encoder.
Im just trying to adjust and tame some params on this c4 pad controller i just started with. The encoders are super fast and jumpy. and the params with steps i cant seem to get it to go back. I can turn clockwise through the steps but not back.
Is this normal behavior with OSC params ? Are the encoders on an OSC tablet the same as one on a regular surface ?
Also parameters and displays dont clear out and change all the way. meaning if i switch from one FX to another there will still be stuff hanging around from the last FX.I need to keep refreshing or going back n forth until all the previous fx stuff goes away and the new all shows up.If i close a plugin it doesnt clear also. Is that a known bug on OSC ? Love this c4 tablet layout. Just trying to get it to a usable point
Thanks any advice or help would be appreciated. Ill understand this acceleration stuff sooner or later.Thanks
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:04 AM   #1122
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Is the encoder acceleration and tick size and all the same for an encoder on an OSC tablet surface ?
To the best of my knowledge, the concepts of acceleration and tick size don't exist for OSC.

Quote:
Im just trying to adjust and tame some params on this c4 pad controller i just started with. The encoders are super fast and jumpy. and the params with steps i cant seem to get it to go back. I can turn clockwise through the steps but not back.
Stepped parameters on rotaries don't work at all well on OSC. I only use them on presses. OSC rotaries are not the same as those on physical surfaces.

Quote:
Also parameters and displays dont clear out and change all the way. meaning if i switch from one FX to another there will still be stuff hanging around from the last FX.I need to keep refreshing or going back n forth until all the previous fx stuff goes away and the new all shows up.If i close a plugin it doesnt clear also.
I don't see that behaviour here. If I switch from one FX to another, the first FX parameters are removed and replaced by the new ones. Any parameters that aren't overwritten are blanked. If I switch to a track with no FX, the existing FX menu and FX parameters are blanked.

If I close a plugin window the parameters remain on the tablet, but that is the intended behaviour.

From the experience with my previous router, the parameter clearing problems are probably related to network/wifi issues. This seems to be the weak link in anything to do with OSC
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 12:39 PM   #1123
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
To the best of my knowledge, the concepts of acceleration and tick size don't exist for OSC.

Stepped parameters on rotaries don't work at all well on OSC. I only use them on presses. OSC rotaries are not the same as those on physical surfaces.

I don't see that behaviour here. If I switch from one FX to another, the first FX parameters are removed and replaced by the new ones. Any parameters that aren't overwritten are blanked. If I switch to a track with no FX, the existing FX menu and FX parameters are blanked.

If I close a plugin window the parameters remain on the tablet, but that is the intended behaviour.

From the experience with my previous router, the parameter clearing problems are probably related to network/wifi issues. This seems to be the weak link in anything to do with OSC
Hmmm ok thanks for that info. That explains why changing the acceleration values seemed to have no effect. And yes I was thinking the same bout the wifi. I have problems sometimes connecting.
I'll work with it. Get it right and how I want it.
Thanks again for your help
Old 04-18-2021, 04:32 PM   #1124
Cragster

Quote:

Been messing with the OSC tablet a bit . Some plugins work well actually. some are jumpy on the encoders so i can work with it and i found if i just tap the encoder on the tablet it cycles through param steps one at a time with each tap so i can work with that also. Guess i just gotta get used to the touch pad as it is a bit different obviously then a physical surface. love it though. thanks for setting me up with it. I can get alot more control on this before i need to use modifiers. 32 rotaries and push much better then 8.
And that big fader on the right works really nice
Old 04-19-2021, 03:03 AM   #1125
uksnowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yes, just use wiki as an example, with one change.

Instead of this:

Code:
Zone "Buttons"
     Send                              MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
     Cancel                            GoZone "Home"
ZoneEnd

put this in your Home Zone

Code:
Zone Home
     OnTrackSelection 	MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
     IncludedZones
          "Buttons"
     IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
Anytime you select a track, the knobs will be mapped to the Sends 1-8 -- make sure to remember to set the number of Sends to 8 in the config panel
Awesome, thanks.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:48 PM   #1126
airon

Does anyone know whether Reaper now let‘s Csurfs control automatable send mutes ?

So far it has not.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:01 PM   #1127
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Does anyone know whether Reaper now let‘s Csurfs control automatable send mutes ?

So far it has not.
No, it's still broken.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:03 PM   #1128
valy

What does it mean if the MIDI input detector gives me a decimal number instead of a hex number when pressing a button? It's showing the correct release hex, just not the press.

valy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:32 PM   #1129
mathemagician

Hi y'all. First off, CSI is awesome. Thanks for all the hard work of putting it together. I got a new Icon Platform M+ and I've spent some time setting it up, but I'm not able to get touch automation working. Reaper doesn't seem register the touch command. Although it does record some automation, it keeps jumping back to the previous value. The track display in the mixer window never turns red even though my finger is on the fader and I'm in touch mode. Latch mode works as intended and touch mode works when I add the control surface as HUI (partial) (ie not using CSI). Interestingly, touch mode is also broken in DrivenByMoss. See the video I posted to the github repo: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ment-820031361

I checked the "CSI Toggle Show Input From Surfaces" action, and I am getting:

Code:
IN <- Platform FaderTouch1 1.000000
IN <- Platform FaderTouch1 0.000000
So I know that my .mst file is set up properly. Here's the relevant part of my .zon file:

Code:
Zone "Channel"
    TrackNavigator
    DisplayUpper| TrackNameDisplay
    DisplayLower| MCUTrackPanDisplay Rotary|
    Rotary| MCUTrackPan [ (0.005,0.015,0.025,0.05,0.1) ]
    RecordArm| TrackRecordArm
    Solo| TrackSolo
    Mute| TrackMute
    Select| TrackUniqueSelect
    Hold+Select| MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu
    Shift+Select| TrackRangeSelect
    Control+Select| TrackSelect
    Shift+Control+Select| TogglePin
    Option+Select| TrackFolderDive
    Alt+Select| TrackUniqueSelect
    Alt+Select| Reaper "41665"
    Alt+Select| TrackToggleVCASpill
    Fader| TrackVolume
    RotaryPush| CycleTrackAutoMode
    FaderTouch| TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
Note that I added the FaderTouch line at the bottom because I saw other's have it in there, but 1) I don't actually see a TrackTouch action in the CSI code base and 2) the behaviour is the same with or without it.

Anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Is this a bug? I saw someone else posted this same issue to github back in December, but... crickets.

Thanks!
mathemagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:46 PM   #1130
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by valy View Post
What does it mean if the MIDI input detector gives me a decimal number instead of a hex number when pressing a button? It's showing the correct release hex, just not the press.

CSI converts those hex values to 1.00's and 0.00's, so to me: the press looks good (Button1 1.0000), but the release looks like CSI isn't being correctly registered.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:44 AM   #1131
valy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
CSI converts those hex values to 1.00's and 0.00's, so to me: the press looks good (Button1 1.0000), but the release looks like CSI isn't being correctly registered.
I have it set to CC Toggle in the MFT Utility because I want it to toggle two states.

How do I set up the Press values in the .zon file if I don't know the hex numbers though? I'm following the information here:

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...tor/wiki/Press

Quote:
Message Generators that send a message when pressed, and optionally send another message when released.

Defined using the following syntax:
Press 90 5e 7f 90 5e 00

where:

90 5e 7f is the message sent when the widget is pressed
90 5e 00 is the message sent when the widget is released (optional)
So I have the release message, but not the press I guess? Is there another way to see what it's sending?

For example, when I tried setting Button1 to B1 00 7F (only) in the .zon, it doesn't do anything upon press.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:38 AM   #1132
airon

Quote:
No, it's still broken.
Is that a feature request then or a bug report.... hmm.

edit:
Posted a request in this thread for letting control surface plugins like CSI control the automatable send mutes.

EVERBODY, go and post your +1. The more the merrier.

Last edited by airon; 04-20-2021 at 01:50 AM.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:49 AM   #1133
drummerboy

Quote:
Have a look at this, you should be able to get what you want: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/.../wiki/Encoders
I tried it and had partial success:
I'm using Fader14bit for the UF8 Faders, which works fine for Reapers Mixer.
When I control the Sigma Plugin with the UF8, I can define the parameter range, but not the tick size.
Is there any way I can have more resolution with my 14bit Faders inside the Plugin?
Right now I have about +/- 3mm of Fader for +/- 6dB of Volume change, which is not really useable.

Best,
Frank
drummerboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 05:52 AM   #1134
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathemagician View Post
Hi y'all. First off, CSI is awesome. Thanks for all the hard work of putting it together. I got a new Icon Platform M+ and I've spent some time setting it up, but I'm not able to get touch automation working. Reaper doesn't seem register the touch command. Although it does record some automation, it keeps jumping back to the previous value. The track display in the mixer window never turns red even though my finger is on the fader and I'm in touch mode. Latch mode works as intended and touch mode works when I add the control surface as HUI (partial) (ie not using CSI). Interestingly, touch mode is also broken in DrivenByMoss. See the video I posted to the github repo: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ment-820031361

I checked the "CSI Toggle Show Input From Surfaces" action, and I am getting:

Code:
IN <- Platform FaderTouch1 1.000000
IN <- Platform FaderTouch1 0.000000
So I know that my .mst file is set up properly. Here's the relevant part of my .zon file:

Code:
Zone "Channel"
    TrackNavigator
    DisplayUpper| TrackNameDisplay
    DisplayLower| MCUTrackPanDisplay Rotary|
    Rotary| MCUTrackPan [ (0.005,0.015,0.025,0.05,0.1) ]
    RecordArm| TrackRecordArm
    Solo| TrackSolo
    Mute| TrackMute
    Select| TrackUniqueSelect
    Hold+Select| MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu
    Shift+Select| TrackRangeSelect
    Control+Select| TrackSelect
    Shift+Control+Select| TogglePin
    Option+Select| TrackFolderDive
    Alt+Select| TrackUniqueSelect
    Alt+Select| Reaper "41665"
    Alt+Select| TrackToggleVCASpill
    Fader| TrackVolume
    RotaryPush| CycleTrackAutoMode
    FaderTouch| TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
Note that I added the FaderTouch line at the bottom because I saw other's have it in there, but 1) I don't actually see a TrackTouch action in the CSI code base and 2) the behaviour is the same with or without it.

Anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Is this a bug? I saw someone else posted this same issue to github back in December, but... crickets.

Thanks!
See post #1023 of this thread. Your zon file should have that for automation. And your mst should have a touch widget with each fader widget.
Post back if you have any problems
Old 04-20-2021, 06:22 AM   #1135
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Is that a feature request then or a bug report.... hmm.
I'd say it's a bug, but whether it's a bug in CSI or the Reaper API is unclear. CSI can control the status of the send mute, but this doesn't get written to the automation envelope.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:27 AM   #1136
Funkybot

Quote:
How do I set up the Press values in the .zon file if I don't know the hex numbers though?
Any kind of MIDI log should show you the hex values, including CSI. Another alternative? Use the MF_Utility.

1. Exit Reaper
2. Open the MF_Utility
3. Go to Tools -> Log

Result: the log window opens

4. Press the button, check the log window (you probably will have to scroll down on the Log window to actually see it)

There you go! Those are the values.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:28 AM   #1137
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
I tried it and had partial success:
I'm using Fader14bit for the UF8 Faders, which works fine for Reapers Mixer.
When I control the Sigma Plugin with the UF8, I can define the parameter range, but not the tick size.
Is there any way I can have more resolution with my 14bit Faders inside the Plugin?
Right now I have about +/- 3mm of Fader for +/- 6dB of Volume change, which is not really useable.

Best,
Frank
I'm afraid with faders you're stuck with what you've got. There are no ticks and hence no tick size. Maybe give encoders a try?
Old 04-20-2021, 07:12 AM   #1138
valy

Quote:
Any kind of MIDI log should show you the hex values, including CSI. Another alternative? Use the MF_Utility.

1. Exit Reaper
2. Open the MF_Utility
3. Go to Tools -> Log

Result: the log window opens

4. Press the button, check the log window (you probably will have to scroll down on the Log window to actually see it)

There you go! Those are the values.
Perfect, thanks!
Old 04-20-2021, 07:28 AM   #1139
valy

Think I've got it figured out. The key was the realization that I needed to add parameters in the FX Zone file for the absolute values of this switch that I wanted to toggle between, and that I can see those absolute values by pressing the UI button in the FX window and switching to the basic sliders mode.

In this case,

Quote:
Button1 FXParam 27 "EQ_LO_SEL" [ 0.0 1.0 ]

Old 04-20-2021, 07:51 AM   #1140
Funkybot

Quote:
Think I've got it figured out. The key was the realization that I needed to add parameters in the FX Zone file for the absolute values of this switch that I wanted to toggle between, and that I can see those absolute values by pressing the UI button in the FX window and switching to the basic sliders mode.

In this case,

In case you haven't already found it, you can also step through the values as well.

Code:
Button1 FXParam 27 "EQ_LO_SEL" [ 0.0 0.34 0.67 1.0 ]
And if you have a button you can dedicate as a "Shift" (or any) modifier, reverse the order:

Code:
Shift+Button1 FXParam 27 "EQ_LO_SEL" [ 1.0 0.67 0.34 0.0 ]
Old 04-20-2021, 08:04 AM   #1141
valy

Quote:
In case you haven't already found it, you can also step through the values as well.

Code:
Button1 FXParam 27 "EQ_LO_SEL" [ 0.0 0.34 0.67 1.0 ]
And if you have a button you can dedicate as a "Shift" (or any) modifier, reverse the order:

Code:
Shift+Button1 FXParam 27 "EQ_LO_SEL" [ 1.0 0.67 0.34 0.0 ]
Yes thanks, I discovered that earlier.

For this control, I only want to swap between these two and ignore the rest (they just happen to be on the end, so 0.0 and 1.0). But that won't always be the case.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:02 AM   #1142
mathemagician

Quote:
See post #1023 of this thread. Your zon file should have that for automation. And your mst should have a touch widget with each fader widget.
Thanks! The mst file I had based my setup on had separate touch widgets for each fader (setup like buttons with a Press arg). I added a Touch arg to the fader widgets and touch mode is now working. Sweet!

eg
Code:
Widget Fader1
	Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
	Touch 90 68 7f 90 68 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader2
	Fader14Bit e1 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e1 7f 7f
	Touch 90 69 7f 90 69 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader3
	Fader14Bit e2 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e2 7f 7f
	Touch 90 6a 7f 90 6a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader4
	Fader14Bit e3 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e3 7f 7f
	Touch 90 6b 7f 90 6b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader5
	Fader14Bit e4 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e4 7f 7f
	Touch 90 6c 7f 90 6c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader6
	Fader14Bit e5 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e5 7f 7f
	Touch 90 6d 7f 90 6d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader7
	Fader14Bit e6 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e6 7f 7f
	Touch 90 6e 7f 90 6e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader8
	Fader14Bit e7 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e7 7f 7f
	Touch 90 6f 7f 90 6f 00
WidgetEnd
Old 04-20-2021, 09:07 AM   #1143
mathemagician

Quote:
Follow up question: is there a way to get touch automation mode working for non-touch sensitive controls (like knobs). I see other csurf plugins use a touch timeout. Is that supported in CSI?
Old 04-20-2021, 10:46 AM   #1144
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathemagician View Post
Follow up question: is there a way to get touch automation mode working for non-touch sensitive controls (like knobs). I see other csurf plugins use a touch timeout. Is that supported in CSI?
You've got two escapes from writing stuff that I know of that do not involve CSI, and there may be more of course.

First is the "Latch clearing" actions. Can be done for the selected track(s) or all tracks.

Second is a mode change. Just flip between Read and the previous mode. The global override is good for this. Go to read, then all global overrides off.

For CSI, it's a midi(or OSC?) message. You set it up in the MST widget with the Touch command as the second three-byte message and you have your 'release'.

Not sure if multiple widgets can use the same midi message.

Last edited by airon; 04-22-2021 at 04:38 AM.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:42 PM   #1145
RogueProDev

Default MCP visibility and controllin gplugins

Hi there, I absolutely love what you have done with this and thank you so much for all your work.
So far have been able to get everything working with my Qcon Pro G2. except when i have the track visibility following the Mixer Control Panel.
When i have that selected i cannot control any of my plugins past about the 12th track.

Just wondering if this is a known issue or if you have a work around.
I use alot of folders so its nice having only the tracks i need to see.but not being able to control my plugins is a bummer.

Any help is very much appreciated.
RogueProDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:47 PM   #1146
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueProDev View Post
Hi there, I absolutely love what you have done with this and thank you so much for all your work.
So far have been able to get everything working with my Qcon Pro G2. except when i have the track visibility following the Mixer Control Panel.
When i have that selected i cannot control any of my plugins past about the 12th track.

Just wondering if this is a known issue or if you have a work around.
I use alot of folders so its nice having only the tracks i need to see.but not being able to control my plugins is a bummer.

Any help is very much appreciated.
See: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=12679
Old 04-21-2021, 04:56 PM   #1147
RogueProDev

Quote:
You beautiful person you!!!
RogueProDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:44 PM   #1148
valy

Is there any way to use a Fader7Bit encoder to cycle through the selected track?

I've tried a few things but haven't struck upon the correct combination yet, if it exists.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:54 PM   #1149
Funkybot

Quote:
Is there any way to use a Fader7Bit encoder to cycle through the selected track?

I've tried a few things but haven't struck upon the correct combination yet, if it exists.
Still talking the MIDI Fighter Twister right? I'm going to show you how you might be able to do that first using non-velocity sensitive encoders, then you can expand as needed.

Let's say you want to use the top-left encoder for this task (probably not ideal, but keeping it simple - you can adjust the encoder+messages as needed). You could:

1. Open MF_Utility
2. Set that encoder type to "ENC 3FH/41H" and Sensitivity to "High Resolution"
3. Send to Twister

Result: turning clockwise (CW) will send a value of b0 00 41 and turning counter-clockwise (CCW) will send b0 00 3f.

Now, we can work with that...

4. Open your .mst file
5. Replace this...

Code:
Widget RotaryA1
	MFTEncoder b0 00 7f [ < 3f 3e 3d 3c 3b 3a 39 38 36 33 2f > 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 4a 4d 51 ]
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 00 00
WidgetEnd
With this:

Code:
Widget RotaryA1CW
	Press b0 00 41
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryA1CCW
	Press b0 00 3f
WidgetEnd
6. Now in your .zon file, try this...

Code:
Zone "Buttons"
     RotaryA1CW      Reaper 40285      //Select next track
     RotaryA1CCW     Reaper 40286      //Select previous track
ZoneEnd
7. Save everything, and refresh your Control Surfaces in Reaper then voila!

In theory, what should happen is that CSI should treat each encoder "tick" as a button press message. So you create one button press message for clockwise (CW) turns and another for counter-clockwise (CCW) turns. Then you can assign two completely different Reaper actions to each: in this case, select next track and previous track to cycle up and down the track selection via an encoder.

If you wanted to keep velocity sensitive encoders, you'd just need to create more press widgets for each value the encoder transmits. The most common example of this is the jogwheel in the MCU .mst/.zon files.
Old 04-23-2021, 04:23 AM   #1150
valy

That was it!!

I knew I needed to somehow get it to send separate values for clockwise and counterclockwise, but I didn't think of that setting in the MFT Utility. Thank you!

I wonder if there is any way to make that encoder slightly less sensitive? It's a little fast and thus prone to slightly inaccurate selections. If not, I'm sure I can get used to it, though.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:09 AM   #1151
EpicSounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguyader View Post
Do you confirm that CSI is not yet compatible with apple ARM?
Quote:
Correct at this time, we will probably look into this soon.
working with intel build of reaper on M1.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:20 AM   #1152
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
working with intel build of reaper on M1.
Cool, thanks, good to know.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:10 PM   #1153
ezellohar

Quote:
Have a look at this, you should be able to get what you want: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/.../wiki/Encoders
Sorry to bother you again, but I've made a few more tests, without success.

Is TrackVolume custom delta working differently? I'm not able to set a different encoder tick size
ezellohar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:18 PM   #1154
EpicSounds

Made another video about CSI here

https://youtu.be/WaUm1eOB8Xc
Old 04-26-2021, 02:52 PM   #1155
siniarch

Quote:

Great video! Thanks for getting the word out.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:54 PM   #1156
Funkybot

Quote:

Jon, just a tip since your surface doesn't have displays. If you have a spare tablet or phone, you can setup CSI where the tablet/phone operates as the "displays" for your control surface so you can see what's mapped where.

You'd basically just create an OSC template for the displays and any other parameter you want to mirror. Then create an .ost file for that OSC surface. Next you basically just add the display widgets to your fx.zon's and use the same zone folder for the hardware control surface and the tablet/phone using OSC.

So like, here's a sample of my .ost file...
Code:
Widget MainDisplay1
FB_Processor /MainDisplay1
WidgetEnd

Widget MainDisplay2
FB_Processor /MainDisplay2
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpperA1
FB_Processor /DisplayUpperA1
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLowerA1
FB_Processor /DisplayLowerA1
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayRotaryPushA1
FB_Processor /DisplayRotaryPushA1
WidgetEnd
And what the fx.zon looks like...
Code:
Zone "VST: Things Tilt (AudioThing)"
FocusedFXNavigator 
/
/
MainDisplay1 FXNameDisplay  
MainDisplay2 TrackNameDisplay  
/  
DisplayUpperA1 FXParamNameDisplay 0 "Tilt"
DisplayLowerA1 FXParamValueDisplay 0 
RotaryA1 FXParam 0
DisplayRotaryPushA1 FXParamNameDisplay 5 "Boost"
RotaryPushA1 FXParam 5 [ 0.0 1.0 ] { 255 50 0 90 255 0 }
DisplayUpperShiftA1 NoAction 
DisplayLowerShiftA1 NoAction 
ShiftRotaryA1 NoAction
...I use that with my MIDI Fighter Twister, which has no screens. So the display data goes to my phone or tablet, while the hardware widgets are mapped to the MIDI Fighter Twister.

And of course, it's not just limited to FX's. You could also do the same for showing channel settings (TrackName, Pan, Send Levels, etc).

Last edited by Funkybot; 04-26-2021 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:42 PM   #1157
EpicSounds

amazing. thanks for sharing that. I'm sure it will help
Old 04-27-2021, 02:09 AM   #1158
siniarch

Default CSI WIKI

Holy Crapioli, you guys have done tremendous work on the WIKI! Great job guys.

First I wanted to perhaps ask if I can make recommendations. I don't foresee me adding much to the discussion as you guys are probably much better at this stuff than me, but I may be able to clarify things a little, to people who are new at this. Being new at this is where I shine. My ignorance is my strength. hahaha

I notice this on the "Encoders" Section of the Wiki:

About 1/3rd down the page there is a title named "Custom Parameter Ranges, Deltas, and Acceleration". Above the title, things that are being discussed are in the MST file and things below the title are found in the main ZON file. This might not be clear to people starting with CSI. Just might want to point that out.

---------------------------------

Now for my real question:

My zone file had a section which allows me to use the Encoder Touch sensitivity to change the way REAPER displays the tracks that are mapped to the touched encoders. This makes it very clear which tracks are being modified.

The code looks like this:
Code:
	RotaryB|		TrackVolume
	RotaryTouchB|		TrackUniqueSelect
	RotaryTouchB|		Reaper 40505		// Track: Select last touched track
	RotaryTouchB|		Reaper 41696		// Layout: Apply custom layout #01
	RotaryTouchB|		Reaper 41698		// Layout: Apply custom layout #03
	RotaryReleaseB|	TrackUniqueSelect
	RotaryReleaseB|	Reaper 41697		// Layout: Apply custom layout #02
	RotaryReleaseB|	Reaper 41699		// Layout: Apply custom layout #04
In order to achieve this I created Widgets for RotaryTouch and for RotaryRelease.

I see in the wiki that as of CSI 1.0 you can combine the Touch and the FB message inside the same widget. In the example below from the Wiki, it is defining the Touch and it's also giving the Release MIDI code.

Code:
Widget Fader1 
    Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
    FB_Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
    Touch 90 68 7f 90 68 00
WidgetEnd
How would I trigger something with the touch and then something else with the release with the new method of defining the Widget? Or do I still have to make my individual widgets as before. Such as below:

Code:
Widget RotaryTouchA1
	Press 80 01 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryReleaseA1
	Press 80 01 00
WidgetEnd
Old 04-27-2021, 05:16 AM   #1159
Funkybot

Hi Luis, if you want try assign two different actions or sets of actions to touch and release, then you'd need to keep doing what you are and create two separate widgets. At least, as far as I know.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:48 PM   #1160
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

You cool with us adding that to the wiki ?
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote