Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 12-31-2015, 07:50 AM   #1
nlamont
Human being with feelings

Default Zoom R24 as an audio interface - how to monitor (Resolved)

I've just got an R24, which is working nicely as a DAW controller with Reaper but I can't figure how to monitor with it.

My PC has an M-Audio sound card; my monitors are connected to that, as is the mixer I previously used for mics and guitars going into Reaper.

I thought I could use the R24 in a similar way but

- if I keep the Audio Device in Reaper as M-Audio Delta ASIO, there's no input coming in from the R24

- if I change the Audio Device to Zoom R16_R24 ASIO Driver, I get input from the R24 but can't hear any of my other tracks or the Reaper metronome.

So is it the case that I'd need to have my monitors connected to the R24 instead of the M-Audio to use it? That would presumably mean I'd need to have the R24 connected constantly if I want any audio or video in a browser.

Hope there's something simple I've missed and I can just use it as an input device,

(I didn't buy it for this, I bought it for portable recording, but I thought I could use it with the PC as as well.)

I couldn't see an option to delete this post so I'll just mention I've realised I can monitor Reaper through the R24 using headphones when recording, with the driver set to R24, then switch it back to M-Audio later for mixing. That'll do me for now.

Last edited by nlamont; 12-31-2015 at 09:12 AM.
nlamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:58 AM   #2
solger
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlamont View Post
... I'll just mention I've realised I can monitor Reaper through the R24 using headphones when recording, with the driver set to R24, then switch it back to M-Audio later for mixing. That'll do me for now.
You can only use one audio interface (either the R24 or Delta) at the same time.

But you can try making an aggregated audio device of both: http://homerecording.com/bbs/general...ws-7-a-337755/
solger is offline   Reply With Quote