Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
AdamWathan
Human being with feelings

Default Allow armed toolbar buttons to survive "undo" and preference to keep standard cursors

Currently if you arm a toolbar button, do a bunch of work, then hit undo, the toolbar button unarms. It's a bit of a pain to have to go back and rearm it to keep working any time I have to undo. I feel like it should be default for an armed toolbar button to survive an undo, but if we have to make it a preference then it should definitely be there.

The other thing is that when you have a toolbar button armed, you lose the standard cursors. So for example, I can't hover my mouse over an item edge and see the "Trim" cursor or "Fade" cursor to know where to perform those functions, because I am stuck with the "Pointer with an A" cursor for the armed toolbar button. I understand with some things you should probably be able to tell that you have it armed via cursor, but for a lot of other things, it just means people have to guess while performing other edits with the button armed. So a global preference for "Use armed cursor when toolbar buttons are armed" makes a lot of sense to me, or alternatively a checkbox in the menu editor per toolbar button, depending on if you want the armed cursor or not for that function.

Vote for keeping standard trim/fade/item vol/time stretch/etc cursors here:
http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=2428
Confirm "undo" survival bug here:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=57198

Last edited by AdamWathan; 05-04-2010 at 09:59 AM.
AdamWathan is offline   Reply With Quote