CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 08-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #41
Zee
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattonfreak1 View Post
And where are the tracks you will provide with the exquisite intricacies of SAW Studio?
WHERE?!? I say...
Put up or shut up.
None could beat yours I mean it.... I am a cool guy if you met me
Old 08-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #42
Art Evans
Mortal

Gentlemen, and ladies if any be present,

From time to time in every forum someone comes along whose posts are, intentionally or unintentionally, disruptive or timewasting or just below the standard of the rest (which here is pretty high).

As worthwhile and rational discussions with such individuals are never productive and simply encourage more timewasting posts, it's essential to ignore them. Getting drawn in is empowering to the disruptive poster and can only assist them in lowering the overall standards of discussion.

Zee has repeatedly stated his opinion, and forum members have repeatedly disagreed. He is not going to accept the views of others and others are not going to accept his.

So that would appear to be the end of the matter in this and whatever other threads Zee cares to begin or add to. Turn on your personal 'ignore' filters and move on to more productive matters.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:46 PM   #43
Zee

If that is the attention you had for sound in the programming process, sure, I'll surrender and quit.

Last edited by Zee; 08-16-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #44
Zee

If you wanna know, just record a few tracks in SawStudio, then, fight for tools.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:07 PM   #45
Tallisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
I am a cool guy if you met me
I believe you, but your recent forum antics are doing a swell job of convincing folks otherwise.

http://tallisman.bandcamp.com <--Me.

"Excuse me. Could you please point me in the direction of the self-help section?"
Old 08-16-2008, 07:09 PM   #46
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
There is no way you mean that....

Try it yourself lol

Do a creation in it for Christ sake !!!

That is the test.... Not that Null bullshit.

If it's the same, well, no time lost.
Read the thread again, Yes we DID do it, yes it WAS the same

Have you ANY evidence to the contrary?
Old 08-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #47
Zee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Read the thread again, Yes we DID do it, yes it WAS the same

Have you ANY evidence to the contrary?
No, you think YOU did it... but I am pretty sure someone did it for you.

I am exhausted...
Old 08-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #48
pipelineaudio
Mortal

So, that would be no evidence then?

Just idle speculation?
Old 08-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #49
Bubbagump

Yay! I have chicken! Has any one seen my peanut?

2+2 on my calulator adds up to a better 4 than 2+2 on YOUR calculator.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #50
mr. moon

OT: Where's that little popcorn eating emoticon that they have available at other forums? If we had it available here, I would put one in this post and nothing else.

Someone is bored and trying to stir the pot, no big deal. No reason to get upset. Kinda fun to watch, especially around here where some are a bit too sensitive at times.

Anywho, back to the show....

-mr moon

www.soundclick.com/mrmoon
Old 08-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #51
Zee

? where's the link ?

You can't null tracks with only one daw...

Well... sure you can , but then, the null test is biased
Old 08-16-2008, 08:14 PM   #52
Zee

Why don't you just try 2 tracks in SawStudio.... then we can talk ?

SawStudio won't evolve.....
I am hoping reaper can.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #53
pipelineaudio
Mortal

http://pipelineaudio.net/samples/summing%20test.zip

Download it and try it for yourself

If you had actually read the post instead of just listening with your mouth, you would have seen it was THREE tracks

here it is again

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=13473

Any other post from you besides " Here are the results" are either trolling or outright deception from this point forward.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

You have been provided with an EXTREMELY simple way to provide evidence for your claims. If you chose not to from this point forward, we will all know you are full of crap.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #54
Zee

Dude !!! I was listening !!!!

But despite all this math evidence, I can courageously say that sawstudio renders the distance, relativeness, high frequency freedom and depth of tracks better than no other daw....

If you are serious about this thread, try and test it !!! Then we talk.

Do you need a clown this much ?

Last edited by Zee; 08-16-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #55
Klemperer

Mr. or Miss or Mrs. Zee, you have to admit that you get extremely friendly answers here, though nobody could know from your constant repetitions if you are

- a somewhat onesided and thus limited musician (well, why not. Just that not all love to show their onesidedness in many threads at once and even seem to be happy with it. No problem, you start to get on the nerves of many with your offensive kind of blurb, but as long as you don't mind stopping to bash all around it's really a free forum here - )

- a sociologist or, in more modern terms, a postmodernist who tries to fight people into some corner by stating obvious nonsense. Then you get your answers and could tell the Reaper-forum "ethnocentristic" or whatever. Typically you'd claim in your pseudo-intellectual peergroup later that your "variety" and open mind would just being bashed by "monocausal fanboys" or whatever ;-). You'd shout "they got me in a trap" whereas you fooled around and wouldn't be happy before others freak out. Such things happen, even if they end most of the time in ridiculous nonsense, like in those conversation that would go like this:

- Mr.Cee-tang: your software is DA SHIT!
- someone who answers (many posts later...) and your posts are shit!
- Mr.Cee-tang: SEE? HE ACCUSES ME! SEE! (gasps) WHAT IS THIS FOR A FORUM? FATHER! NEVER ON EARTH SOMEONE DARED TO TREAT ME, THE INVENTOR OF ALL GOODS, LIKE THIS....(and so on until doomsday)

Like Dr. Evans already told us, it might be stupid to even answer you. Dr. pipelineaudio even tries to answer your, errm, biased view to be polite, on a musical basis. You just choose not to answer him on the same high level, as you prefer to ignore facts.

So, Zee, why not stop this? You think only your way of recording is good. Fine. Others tend to disagree to your bashing (nobody said your sawstudio or whatever you use was bad, as you might have noticed).
Where is the problem? People read what you think, what more? The only thing that is bad for superb forums like the extremely informative Reaper-forum is the occasional never-ending rant believers start. They seem to think they had "the mission". "Triangle studio has to rule the world".
Yes. Sure. For you. Nobody has a problem with it.
Just maybe read all of these answers as friendly hints that we don't need a musical messiah right now. (And in case you were a sociologist - never mind, not all people react like readers of the worst yellow press;-).
Old 08-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #56
mr. moon

I am concerned that there is not enough venom from the forum members towards someone who is trying to rile you all up to keep my interest... Please ramp it up a bit. I'm working from home this evening, working on software builds for work using Ghost, so I have time to kill, but not enough energy to spew insults towards anyone.

I demand blood! ...please.

Thanks.

-mr moon

EDIT: I put in the big smiley face. But rest assured, it is an evil smiley face.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #57
mr. moon

Quote:
Why don't you just try 2 tracks in SawStudio.... then we can talk ?

SawStudio won't evolve.....
I am hoping reaper can.
Yo. What version of SAW are you running? How long does it take to get fluent with it? (hours, days, months, years?)

Danke.

-mr moon

Old 08-16-2008, 08:48 PM   #58
Zee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemperer View Post
Mr. or Miss or Mrs. Zee, you have to admit that you get extremely friendly answers here, though nobody could know from your constant repetitions if you are

- a somewhat onesided and thus limited musician (well, why not. Just that not all love to show their onesidedness in many threads at once and even seem to be happy with it. No problem, you start to get on the nerves of many with your offensive kind of blurb, but as long as you don't mind stopping to bash all around it's really a free forum here - )

- a sociologist or, in more modern terms, a postmodernist who tries to fight people into some corner by stating obvious nonsense. Then you get your answers and could tell the Reaper-forum "ethnocentristic" or whatever. Typically you'd claim in your pseudo-intellectual peergroup later that your "variety" and open mind would just being bashed by "monocausal fanboys" or whatever ;-). You'd shout "they got me in a trap" whereas you fooled around and wouldn't be happy before others freak out. Such things happen, even if they end most of the time in ridiculous nonsense, like in those conversation that would go like this:

- Mr.Cee-tang: your software is DA SHIT!
- someone who answers (many posts later...) and your posts are shit!
- Mr.Cee-tang: SEE? HE ACCUSES ME! SEE! (gasps) WHAT IS THIS FOR A FORUM? FATHER! NEVER ON EARTH SOMEONE DARED TO TREAT ME, THE INVENTOR OF ALL GOODS, LIKE THIS....(and so on until doomsday)

Like Dr. Evans already told us, it might be stupid to even answer you. Dr. pipelineaudio even tries to answer your, errm, biased view to be polite, on a musical basis. You just choose not to answer him on the same high level, as you prefer to ignore facts.

So, Zee, why not stop this? You think only your way of recording is good. Fine. Others tend to disagree to your bashing (nobody said your sawstudio or whatever you use was bad, as you might have noticed).
Where is the problem? People read what you think, what more? The only thing that is bad for superb forums like the extremely informative Reaper-forum is the occasional never-ending rant believers start. They seem to think they had "the mission". "Triangle studio has to rule the world".
Yes. Sure. For you. Nobody has a problem with it.
Just maybe read all of these answers as friendly hints that we don't need a musical messiah right now. (And in case you were a sociologist - never mind, not all people react like readers of the worst yellow press;-).
Copy/paste me 3 friendly answers and I will consider your post.

You will all benefit from this.

It is a fact that Reaper sounds better than many daws.
It is a fact that most users can't hear that.
It is a fact that reaper doesn't sound as good as a cd and that no mastering can fix that.
It is a fact that any tracks recorded in reaper can't be salvaged in a professional production.
It is a fact that some people can hear that but are smart enough to stay away. (unlike me)
It is a fact that some softwares sound better than others.
It is a fact that softwares built in assembly language don't depend on Windows(tm) and sound better.
It is a fact that those assembly daws are not as evolved as the window based ones.
It is a fact that one day, one daw will combine both sound and tools.... but when ?

Last edited by Zee; 08-16-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:58 PM   #59
Europanaut

http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djubl...rthsociety.htm
Old 08-16-2008, 09:02 PM   #60
mr. moon

Quote:
Copy/paste me 3 friendly answer and I will consider your post.

You will all benefit from this.
It is a fact that Reaper sounds better than many daws.
It is a fact that most users can't hear that.
It is a fact that reaper doesn't sound as good as a cd and that no mastering can fix that.
It is a fact that any tracks recorded in reaper can't be salvaged in a professional production.
It is a fact that some people can hear that but are smart enough to stay away. (unlike me)
It is a fact that some softwares sound better than others.
It is a fact that softwares built in assembly language don't depend on Windows(tm) and sound better.
It is a fact that those assembly daws are not as evolved as the window based ones.
It is a fact that one day, one daw will combine both sound and tools.... but when ?
Zee,

Usually the way a technical discussion goes is that you make a statement and then provide tangible results that can be replicated consistently, and detailed explanations of how you reached your conclusions. People will not "hear" anything you have to say (including the content of your message) unless you present it in such a manner that you draw people into the conversation.

Anywho, I wish you luck in your endeavor, as I'm a person who always enjoys a good friendly argument/discussion based on fact rather than aggressive posturing. I know you've been around here for a while, so I just hope you'll settle down a bit and turn this into a discussion rather than the Spanish inquisition, as it were...

-mr moon

Old 08-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #61
Zee

Yeah well... I find it hard to talk, breathe and swim around defective people.... so I did my best.
I hoped someone smart would catch me.

I can't always explain tightly why it sounds good or bad, but I damn know that it does.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:12 PM   #62
Coerce

He's just trying to justify spending a couple of grand on a daw
Old 08-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #63
Zee

+1 for stupid
Old 08-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #64
mr. moon

Quote:
Yeah well... I find it hard to talk, breathe and swim around defective people.... so I did my best.
I hoped someone smart would catch me.

I can't always explain tightly why it sounds good or bad, but I damn know that it does.
Not "defective" ...but you're coming across a bit aggressive in your presentation, which tends to put folks on the defensive.

Perhaps rephrase it like "Am I hearing things correctly here?" or something and provide sample projects which clearly indicate what your hearing: 1 REAPER project and 1 SAW project, including all files and such.

Most times it's not *what* someone says, but *how* they say it.

For example, many people hate Musician's Friend (online store) for various reasons and they have nothing but bad customer service experiences with them. I have the opposite experience, for the most part, because I try to relate to people non-aggressively, even when I'm frickin' pissed off. The last time I bought from them, they gave me 50 bucks off (a guitar) and threw in a free case, and free 2-day shipping. People respond well to a relaxed presentation. A little bit of kindness goes a long way!

Anyways, enough huggy huggy sh1t, take care and good luck with it all!

-mr moon

Old 08-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #65
Zee

All I can say, is that I tried being friendly before.... lol

Duh

Null it, null it !!
Old 08-16-2008, 09:24 PM   #66
Coerce

Download the full version of sawstudio for free here :

http://tinyurl.com/sawstudio

(Save anyone 2 grand)

I've included some of my mixes done on reaper that own anything done on saw.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:25 PM   #67
mr. moon

Quote:
All I can say, is that I tried being friendly before.... lol

Duh

Null it, null it !!
Hi Zee,

That's the aggressiveness I was talking about... I'm sure you just did that to put a big smile on my face, which it did.

Rock on Zee!

-mr moon

Old 08-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #68
Zee

Who do you help if not Rick ?

Is that how you show yourself smart or expect attention ?

But still, the question remains.... Who do you think you are helping here ???

Your fellow forumers ?
Or you ?
Or noone ?

I'll opt for noone.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #69
Zee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. moon View Post
Hi Zee,

That's the aggressiveness I was talking about... I'm sure you just did that to put a big smile on my face, which it did.

Rock on Zee!

-mr moon

If that is being agressive, than, yes, I am so sorry....
I was , at least I thought, being trivial or something like that.

When I speak french, I say things like that all the time, no problem... maybe my word to word translator is fucked-up ?

Sorry.... I'll be a bit more carefull
Old 08-16-2008, 09:30 PM   #70
mr. moon

Quote:
Who do you help if not Rick ?

Is that how you show yourself smart or expect attention ?

But still, the question remains.... Who do you think you are helping here ???

Your fellow forumers ?
Or you ?
Or noone ?

I'll opt for noone.

-mr moon

Old 08-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #71
Coerce

I just enjoy feeding the trolls

If saw really is the holy grail why isn't it known the world over and used in the same amount of studios world wide as pro tools is? How come it's not industry standard?

Off to bed anyway enjoy talking till you're blue in the face, I'll try the saw demo tomorrow but I'm happy with reaper and it's work flow.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:34 PM   #72
Zee

Humans are like horses and some require no side blinders.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:48 PM   #73
Jake Holland

I'm guessing that ZEE here is well into his 30's or 40's and still hasn't quite figured out how he is going to get the music inside himself out and into the ears of people.

Buddy, you are wasting your precious life waiting for Reaper to sound like SAW. Just record and use what gets the job done.

I have worked on records on the following formats:

Studer A-80 analog
Tascam D88/D98
Otari Radar
Alesis ADAT XT20
ProTools using both 888 and digi001 convertors
Samplitude with Apogee convertors
Reaper with Lynx Aurora convertors

The best record I ever worked on went platinum in Canada and was done entirely on a ProTools LE/digi001 budd.

The best sounding combination that I have ever used in my life is the current one - Reaper/Lynx Aurora. The resutls are superior to anything I did on the Studer analog machines. There is no noise and no loss of top end like tape. The Aurora conversion at 48kHz and above rivals tape if you mix on a Neve or API console. It's a straight up rock solid system that never causes me any trouble.

I cannot say that about any of the others. They were all ridden with bugs and issues causing me hours of downtime with little to no tech support.

The Reaper community on here is amazing and very helpful.

Make some music!

Last edited by Jake Holland; 08-16-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:51 PM   #74
Zee

The thing is probably that my ears developed faster than my means.

What freaks me out, is not on my part, but to realise how this cheap sound is becoming a culture.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:53 PM   #75
Zee

I am stuck between bad sounding tools and a great sounding daw that doesn't fit my style.

If only I had a band lol

What would Bowie do ?
Old 08-16-2008, 09:59 PM   #76
Jake Holland

You need to find a hole to shit in instead of this forum.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #77
Zee

looooooooooooooooool

I won't say anything or else, it might be seen as mean....

ROFL

Where ?

Maybe an account manager's convention would be better ?
Old 08-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #78
nightscope

Quote:
What would Bowie do ?
Nothing. He'd get Visconti to do it in Logic.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct0...es/reality.htm

ns
Old 08-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #79
Zee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
Nothing. He'd get Visconti to do it in Logic.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct0...es/reality.htm

ns
Did it turn out as a good album ? (there is no hiden agenda to my question)
Old 08-16-2008, 10:30 PM   #80
nightscope

Quote:
Did it turn out as a good album ?
It nulls OK.