COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > WDL users forum

Old 10-27-2017, 04:52 PM   #1
Caiminatrix
Human being with feelings

Default How to prevent user from editing built-in presets?

I'm using MakePresetFromNamedParams to include built-in presets in my synth for VSTi on Windows. I do not want users to be able to edit the built-in presets. I'm testing with REAPER.

Right now, if the user selects a preset and changes a control it edits the selected preset.

I did some debugging and it looks like ModifyCurrentPreset is called in IPlugVST.cpp for the effSetProgram case in VSTDispatcher when I choose a preset.

What is the best practice to stop this from happening? I don't want to start changing the WDL folder files.
Caiminatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:08 AM   #2
1eqinfinity

I'd like to know the answer too. I've seen not only changing the presets, but also renaming all of them to "default user preset". Perhaps it's some bug in Reaper. But I did not spend much time debugging.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:35 PM   #3
Caiminatrix

IPlugVST::VSTDispatcher and IPlugBase::LoadProgramFromFXP both call ModifyCurrentPreset which overwrite the last preset the user selected. What about the use case where the user likes the built in preset and wants access to both built-in and external?

I think there needs to be a way to load a user-created external preset that just loads the preset state into the plug-in. I don't see the need to change one of the internal presets just to load a user's custom state. Is there already a way to do this?

Last edited by Caiminatrix; 11-06-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Caiminatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:14 PM   #4
earlevel

See item 2 of my post here: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...76&postcount=4

Ot implement all three changes to get VST presets to work that same as AU and VST3.
earlevel is offline   Reply With Quote