Old 07-19-2019, 09:52 PM   #1
padriac
Human being with feelings

Default Is ultraschall worth it for a new english user

Hi I am 74 not bad with IT just setting out on podcasting got all the gear ready and choosing which software to invest my time in. It seems reaper is the pick over audacity. Seen much mention of ultraschall plug in for podcasting, but no english tutorials or documentation. Is it worth me installing it or is that too much hassle. If sticking to normal reaper what is the best learning resource for podcasting in reaper
padriac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 04:55 AM   #2
xpander

Ultraschall does seem like an exclusively modified version of Reaper for the podcasting. But it is also this modified nature of Ultraschall which doesn't necessarily make it as easy option as regular Reaper install. That's because regular Reaper has tons of instructions available in all formats, but like you said, unless there is documentation to support Ultraschall in a language you can understand, what are you going to do?

I have no experience about podcasting and have installed Ultraschall once just to see what it is about. I hope people having experience in this area will be able to guide you further, no matter which route you will take. But just for a quick start, couple of videos about using Reaper for podcasting:

Podcasting in REAPER

Podcasting With Reaper. Lesson One.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 03:43 PM   #3
padriac

Default Thanks

Thanks for the response. I think sticking to reaper, with all its educational resources is the best investment in my time. I chose cyberlink powerdirector video editor for that reason and was not disappointed.
I will check the videos out you linked with great interest. Paddy
padriac is offline   Reply With Quote