Old 02-06-2008, 04:31 AM   #81
ph69
Human being with feelings

I will keep on. But I will take some time to complete some modules, add comments, reformat the code, do some docs, prepare more examples...
ph69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #82
LOSER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph69 View Post
I will keep on. But I will take some time to complete some modules, add comments, reformat the code, do some docs, prepare more examples...
Just a small bump .

I don't know how I can contribute to this yet, though I made a little JS only song, which uses only JS FX and INSTRUMENTS!. Just for kicks and to demonstrate what's already possible with just JS.

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/80290/OnlyJS.mp3

Nothing too fancy, though entierly JS only . So once I got something to contibute to this project I will.
LOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:14 AM   #83
ph69

Very nice.

I spendt less time on the MoonSynthi project but I have some new modules. I will update it soon.

Bye
Old 02-10-2008, 06:46 AM   #84
tspring

Finally got some time to play with the latest upload. All modules in the demo tracks are working great here. When I first started experimenting with the tracks, I was getting stuttering and other signs of high CPU load. Turning off all of the the graphic analyzers like scopeII in all of the tracks solved the problem. I get the impression that the graphics routines are sucking up CPU cycles even when the FX chain is disabled unless you turn them off within the chain itself (unchecked box). Anyway, it is probably a good idea to tell Reaperites with wimpy DAWs like mine to turn off the graphics displays.

The sound quality is really quite good. Amazing stuff. Thanks for all your hard work ph69. I certainly am learning a lot from you.

T

EDIT: One small issue: notes still hang when you stop play, and pressing F3 to send midi off to plugins doesn't stop the notes.

Last edited by tspring; 02-10-2008 at 11:44 AM.
tspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #85
tspring

This song fragment was my project for the morning.
I'm starting to figure out how to get more complex sounds. I'm sure that this is just scratching the surface. The drum sound is from the geiger module with some filtering. I bet we can eventually get good tweakable drum sounds from moonsynth.

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/80762/T_moonsynth_demo.mp3

T
Old 02-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #86
ph69

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspring View Post
One small issue: notes still hang when you stop play, and pressing F3 to send midi off to plugins doesn't stop the notes.
Did you use the version I posted in the Resources ?
(in this version, ControlI tests reaper playing state ).
Old 02-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #87
tspring

Quote:
Did you use the version I posted in the Resources ?
(in this version, ControlI tests reaper playing state ).
If that is what the posting above links to, then yes, I did. I just checked the code for the controller. In the comments at the top it says "Implement ALL NOTES OFF !!!
All notes off on Stop of sequencer". Also there is a test of play-state in the code. Remember that I said that I couldn't turn the notes off using the F3 key. Maybe this hardware specific and/or a JS bug.

T

Last edited by tspring; 02-10-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #88
ph69

Quote:
If that is what the posting above links to, then yes, I did. I just checked the code for the controller. In the comments at the top it says "Implement ALL NOTES OFF !!!
All notes off on Stop of sequencer". Also there is a test of play-state in the code. Remember that I said that I couldn't turn the notes off using the F3 key. Maybe this hardware specific and/or a JS bug.

T
Arrrg. I thought I solved this problem.

Is there a DCA in your fx chain ?
Old 02-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #89
tspring

Quote:
Arrrg. I thought I solved this problem.

Is there a DCA in your fx chain ?
Yes, I had several tracks with different effect chaians, and most of them had a DCA. One thing that I noticed was that if I unchecked the controller, the sound would cut off, but then re-selected the controller again (re-checked in box), the note would immediately start playing again. That doesn't seem consistent with a problem with the DCA does it?

T
Old 02-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #90
ph69

Quote:
Yes, I had several tracks with different effect chaians, and most of them had a DCA. One thing that I noticed was that if I unchecked the controller, the sound would cut off, but then re-selected the controller again (re-checked in box), the note would immediately start playing again. That doesn't seem consistent with a problem with the DCA does it?

T
So, that comes from the MIDIcontrol. It sounds like the gate signal is always on.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:41 PM   #91
tspring

Quote:
So, that comes from the MIDIcontrol. It sounds like the gate signal is always on.
Yeah,that is why I suspected a problem with JS itself, or maybe a hardware specific problem. Notes don't hang when you run on your DAW? Oh just remembered one other clue. If I exit Reaper, and reload a project that was saved when a note was stuck, it immediately (without hitting play) starts playing the stuck note. So Reaper must be saving the state of notes somehow...but that doesn't make sense to me. Why would Justin do that?

T

EDIT: The hung notes starts playing on reloading the project even if I shut off the computer and switch to another sound card. Reaper saves the state of certain plugin parameters when you save a project doesn't it? Also when you stop play? Maybe the problem is related to that.

Last edited by tspring; 02-12-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:09 AM   #92
ph69

Hello,

I have been ill (yep, the flu). So, no updates those weeks.

I think, I will work on the existing modules and release improved versions for each one. So, we will have a better basis for further development.

And, yes, I will try to document each module
Old 03-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #93
wzmzw

Hi!

Thanks, I feel incredible ... Very full ...

What step to the forum hispasonic

http://www.hispasonic.com/comunidad/...f-t195242.html
Old 03-11-2008, 02:12 AM   #94
ph69

I don't speak spanish.
I have a lot of work with my regular job.
But I have some time to work on the MoonSynthi modules.
Especially the MIDI controller.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #95
wzmzw

I don't speak english!

Your work is a gift to us...

very very thanks!

Last edited by wzmzw; 03-12-2008 at 01:21 PM.
wzmzw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:50 AM   #96
ph69

Hello,

I have been off line quite a long time.
But I am still alive.

I will try to get some time to work on the modular synth modules,

See you
Old 06-07-2009, 05:19 AM   #97
Vulkanizer

Quote:
Hello,

I have been off line quite a long time.
But I am still alive.

I will try to get some time to work on the modular synth modules,

See you
A small bump and a big hooray from me! I've been toying around with the idea of JS synth build entirely out of whats already in reaper, but I missed a way to generate an ADSR envelope for the instrument, and stumbled on this thread.
I really like the concept, but i can see its been quite a while since there has been any development. Has this idea lost its potential?

I am no DSP programmer myself but I have been a synth user since the late eighties and I am completely in love with the concept and method of the simple analogue synth.

Has there been any attempts at skinning the MoonSynthi? A skin with a user friendly interface and some nice and shiny buttons would most likely create quite a following for such a synth I would presume?

Last edited by Vulkanizer; 06-25-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Vulkanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #98
Consul

How fortuitous that this thread would get bumped upon my decision to return to Windows and Reaper. Linux audio is in a deplorable state, and it's getting worse instead of better. They can have their own little world to themselves, I think. Of course, I'm still broke as hell, with no end in sight, but at least I can finally make some music again.

Right now, though, that's neither here nor there. I spent today bringing my main system back to Windows, and I plan to use Reaper and get back into JS development. That means a possible return to this project. First, though, I have a sampler project in mind, depending on how good I am at convincing Justin and company to implement a few features.

But that's another thread.

"... And whether you can hear it or not, the Universe is laughing behind your back."
Consul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #99
ph69

Default Hello

Hello,

I had to stop everything related to music for some time...
including the monosynthy...
i forgot almost everything about jesusonic...

It would not be so easy to go graphical... it will take a
lot of time and i'd prefer to spend it otherways.

I would not have time to develop new modules myself,
but I think that it can become a collaborative project.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #100
Consul

I'm afraid I'm out, now. I have a new manifesto about my music composition process, and it includes "no raw synthesis of sound within the computer." Soft-samplers are still okay, though, so maybe we can do a sample-based synthesis system in JS. (My manifesto also includes "no samples I did not record myself.")

"... And whether you can hear it or not, the Universe is laughing behind your back."
Consul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:47 AM   #101
strunkdts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consul View Post
(My manifesto also includes "no samples I did not record myself.")
WORD!
strunkdts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:32 AM   #102
semiquaver

just stumbled across these modules --- could be very useful indeed - here's hoping more love is showered on this by those who are competent to do so ...
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:31 AM   #103
Modular

just showing some love to this project. Keep up the hard work.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:17 AM   #104
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modular View Post
just showing some love to this project. Keep up the hard work.

Agreed, this could be really powerful, hope you find time to finish it.
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:51 PM   #105
JeffFairlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Agreed, this could be really powerful, hope you find time to finish it.
I "third" that. I come from programming in Puredata, Reaktor and such and this really interests me. I intend on learning JS and working on this project. Who's still active in this today??
JeffFairlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:44 AM   #106
Adam Fulara

I'm not but maybe I would be interested to work on it.

I need this feature: separate pitch bends for all channels when using "omni"/all channels" mode, I need it for my midi guitar (Axon 100 MK II).

I think it shouldn't be too hard.
Adam Fulara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:44 PM   #107
JeffFairlight

Yeah I just want a free/open source/virtually free way to make complex synths and sequence them with Reaper. I have only been using Reaper for a little while now and don't even own a license yet. I am waiting for my band to agree on the switch. Anywho, I use Puredata a lot and as much as JS intrigues me, I know how to get what I want much quicker in Pd. As soon as I am a legit user I plan on suggesting the idea to Justin of incorporating Pd into Reaper much as Ableton did with Max/MSP. Pd is open source and is obviously a good match in terms of philosophy of honest and creative programming, without profits being the driving force. JS is his creation so I kinda doubt he would want to switch up what Reaper does but who knows. Anyway, if that doesn't happen, I am learning the sh1t out of JS and using it as I used Pd. I will definitely share and bounce off of other in making a modular environment within JS. Anyone else ever bring up a Reaper/Puredata marriage before?
JeffFairlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:04 AM   #108
Rangler

Just found out about this when I was trying to think of a way to make a drum machine with ReaSynth.

I want to make something like PAiA "the DRUM" 4 voice drum machine.

I'm excited.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:32 PM   #109
Time Waster

I don't think the synth referred to in this thread is still in active development. I tried to run it once and unfortunately I couldn't get it to work.

However, there is the ReaRack modular synth (see my signature). One of the example projects in the stash copy of ReaRack is a drum machine.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:12 PM   #110
montag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffFairlight View Post
As soon as I am a legit user I plan on suggesting the idea to Justin of incorporating Pd into Reaper much as Ableton did with Max/MSP. Pd is open source and is obviously a good match in terms of philosophy of honest and creative programming, without profits being the driving force. JS is his creation so I kinda doubt he would want to switch up what Reaper does but who knows. Anyway, if that doesn't happen, I am learning the sh1t out of JS and using it as I used Pd. I will definitely share and bounce off of other in making a modular environment within JS. Anyone else ever bring up a Reaper/Puredata marriage before?
WOW It would be absolutely great. I discovered PD and had great fun experimenting with it, and as it is open source, incorporating it into Reaper would be such a powerful thing. I imagine combining the power of PD with existing Reaper scripting and all that comes with a DAW such as VST Plugins. I will suport this idea for sure! Let me know where your feature request is.
montag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:29 PM   #111
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by montag View Post
incorporating it into Reaper would be such a powerful thing.
Nope. Everybody who want to use it can happily use it as a plugin, just like the other thousands of open source or free or payed plugins available.

Bloating the Reaper distribution by free stuff somebody eventually might like does not make any sense.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:37 AM   #112
montag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Nope. Everybody who want to use it can happily use it as a plugin, just like the other thousands of open source or free or payed plugins available.

Bloating the Reaper distribution by free stuff somebody eventually might like does not make any sense.

-Michael
Not really. The problem is exactly that you cannot use PD as a plugin - it does not exist in VST/AU form

And there is no need to hard-include PD in Reaper. I am also against the bloat and I adore how lean Reaper is lean and mean. But PD could be included as one of the JS plugins, but to do that someone should be able to port it to compatible format.
montag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:40 AM   #113
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by montag View Post
Not really. The problem is exactly that you cannot use PD as a plugin - it does not exist in VST/AU form
JSFX is a "plugin", as well. It's just Reaper specific, not intended for other DAWs (same with "ReaScript"s and "Reaper Extension"s).

JSFX and ReaScript plugins are most easily found and automatically installed by the "ReaRack" plugin (Reaper extension), everybody should install as soon as they get Reaper. That way they are nearly as close at hand as if they were part of the distribution.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote