Old 05-06-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
ron-e-g
Human being with feelings

Default ASIO woes!

After updating from win 7 to 10, I got problems. All my software that use ASIO drivers crash. Not windows..I can still listen to YouTube videos and mp3's whatever. The units show up in my windows sound file with no errors. No problems shown in device manager either! I don't get it. But reaper crashes when I try to open it. Others shoe no options for either ASIO Driver. The other is Fast Track C600.

Can anyone possibly help me.
ron-e-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:11 PM   #2
ron-e-g

Update after removing all But White and Black comp. T-Racks vst's, Reaper is opening again, But, with no sound driver!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reaper error.JPG (32.7 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg another reaper error.JPG (37.7 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by ron-e-g; 05-06-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:10 PM   #3
dug dog

Just a guess but have you installed Windows 10 drivers for your audio device?
dug dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:00 PM   #4
ron-e-g

Well good question. No I havn't I have the latest for the Line 6 it should at least work.. I'd think. I'm stumped. I can usually figure out, find out or just plain get lucky, but no so far on this. It's deeper than my ability.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Windows sound.JPG (55.6 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg Device manager sound.JPG (51.5 KB, 143 views)

Last edited by ron-e-g; 05-06-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:08 PM   #5
Not_Here

Win10 does work, I can vouch for that. I run ASIO drivers. I did get the ASIO driver though from the interface manufacturers site.

Have you tried re-installing Reaper, then adding again your plugins from their setup.exe? You could try removing your interface devices and letting windows install them from scratch too. Update from one OS to another could be the issue. I would get as clean an install as possible with WIN10 then one by one install your Interface/DAW/Plugins again.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:39 AM   #6
drumphil

Gawd, if you're upgrading to windows 10, do a clean install. At the very least uninstall and reinstall your audio divers.
drumphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:15 AM   #7
ron-e-g

dug dog,
I have the latest.It does seem to have cleared up. although I don't know quite how. The ASIO TonePort UX2 driver would work one minute and not the next. I'm still monitoring it But for the last couple days it has stayed constant. Although I haven't had much time to spend with it.

Not_Here,
I have not re-installed reaper. Pretty sure it is not a reaper problem as I have another DAW it has the same issues. I did the (free) upgrade to windows 10 from 7 Instead of a fresh install to avoid that very issue..having to re-download roughly 150GB of MIDI and sound files...three drum programs..
1 piano..all the player associated with them, and countless downloaded free VST's. Most all requiring re-authorization!

drumphil,
I could replete the above but...naw I'll add though, Good advice. I have done that. My EZD2 stand alone crashes if I try to use the ASIO TonePort driver. My SampleTank 3 was crashing and not showing any ASIO then on it's own..out of the blue it started downloading all the files associated with the various programs wrapped it and started working...I don't get that! The common denominator here is My ASIO drivers, with exception of ALL the ik Multimedia products that I now have to re-authorize...for some reason!

Thank You everyone who has responded to this point.

Ron

Last edited by ron-e-g; 05-09-2018 at 08:23 AM.