Old 11-23-2020, 02:51 PM   #1
rampage2
Human being with feelings

Default Change cc in real time

Hi, I do have a Novation Launchkey 49 mk2 and I would like to use, for instance, slider 1 that comes on midi cc 41 to control a parameter like expression Wheel in kontakt which comes on cc 1.
Is there a way to change it in real time in reaper ? So that when I nove slider 1 (cc41) in my novation is moving expression wheel (cc1) in kontakt?

Thanks
Ramp
rampage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:22 PM   #2
TonE

Yes, of course, probably many ways. Here one I know, using pizmidi midiConverter3, which can convert any events to any target events you like, just set the right values and it should work. Good luck. Or using other similar converter tools. At least you know one which can do it.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:31 PM   #3
dave_t

There's a great JS plugin from Talagan called MIDI CC Mapper X - see, e.g.:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=172630

I use it all the time with my Novation Launchkey - it can map a bunch of sliders, knobs, and buttons at once. You can move "slider 1" on the plugin, get it to learn the Novation Slider 1 CC, and then have it output a different CC to your VST (or hardware synth for that matter). Then set up Slider 2, each of the faders, etc. etc. My Launchkey can control all the drawbars on a VST Hammond organ now, with the buttons turning Leslie on and off, the knobs controlling the overdrive amount, etc.

Also, a little while ago Talagan came to the rescue and wrote a script that takes a momentary switch and turns it into an on/off toggle switch - I use that with MIDI Mapper X also - that way the buttons on my Launchkey can turn an effect on a synth on with one press, off with the next, e.g.:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=238532

$0.02
dave_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:39 AM   #4
rampage2

Wow, cool !!! Thanks a lot to both of you for your suggestions
rampage2 is offline   Reply With Quote