Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 12-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #1
Solar
Human being with feelings

Default Tutorials how Setting up Send Fx or Group Chanel track etc..?

Hi guyz!
Was wondering if there was a link of Tutorial showing well how to use the SEND FX or setup the SEND FX like reverb, Delays etdc.. and The GROUP CHANEL track when soemtimes you wanna send the full drums in to a group chanel a put a compressor to all of them etc of REAPER? Thank you so much in advance.

Also wanna take the moment to WISH personally to ALL REAPER's user, creator, developper, THEME creator etc.. a happy Holidays Season and Happy new year 2007. All the best , especially HEALTH and success in your music career.

One love and PEACE

Have fune!!
Old 12-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #2
Art Evans
Mortal

Create the track to which you wish to send the output of the source track, click on the I/O button of the source track, and click on the tickbox of the track listed there to which you wish to send.
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:03 PM   #3
Solar

Default Sounds good !!

Thank you Art Evant.. i will give this a try.. thanx, wish their would be still a little Vid Tutorial..
Old 12-23-2006, 04:20 PM   #4
fluffy

Also, if you want to send multiple tracks to a single aux, you can select the multiple tracks ,right click on the I/O button and select the send track from the menu. Saves a bit of time.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:49 PM   #5
fusion2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Evans View Post
Create the track to which you wish to send the output of the source track, click on the I/O button of the source track, and click on the tickbox of the track listed there to which you wish to send.

Many Thanks, I'm with Solar's idea, I to wish there was a basics tutorial showing a few beginner startups, it's just easier seeing it done, thanks again...
fusion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
fluffy

Have you guys seen Pipe's video tutorials?
They're very good.

http://reaper.fm/videos.php
Old 12-29-2006, 07:51 AM   #7
fusion2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy View Post
Have you guys seen Pipe's video tutorials?
They're very good.

http://reaper.fm/videos.php
Yes there "old and dated" just like the video author says, It would make HUGE sense to make a "complete" startup video of reaper with routing for the/us noobs but I guess the author wants his product delth with in this manner, why? I have no idea... PLEASE, update reapers video tutorials...

I still can't set reaper up to track with a metronome or drum machine and not record/pickup either or in the newly recorded track, yes I bought a video tutorial for cubase off ebay to learn this method of recording, it's helped me immensely figuring out how to do this one type of track recording, just a thought...F2
fusion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:13 AM   #8
teej813

hey fusion, and welcome to Reaper.

This is just a guess, but it sounds like you have your sound card set to record 'What You Hear'. Change it to Line In, and this problem may go away.

maybe?

tj
Old 12-31-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
w.caslighter

I agree that an updated video tutorial would be cool for us nUBS, new to Reaper I think I get the jist of setting up and assigning to a group channel from responses in this thread, so will give it a go.

While I'm super impressed with Reaper thus far (only been using it for a couple of days) I can't believe how lost I am coming from Steiny software - although I sure was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled on to separate take tracks (lanes) by accident. Cool!

One thing I'd like to know, is can I setup a Post Fader FX (namely a limiter) on my master buss or seperate group? I used this all the time in Cubendo.
w.caslighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:29 AM   #10
bfloyd6969

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...3&postcount=73

I believe the last one shows about FX sends. The others are very good tutorials too.
bfloyd6969 is offline   Reply With Quote