Old 04-02-2010, 08:05 AM   #1
BobM
Human being with feelings

Default Plug ins "Load Patch/Bank"

Am using a trial licence on a Macbook, and am unable to access the plugin presets "Load Patch/Bank" which are greyed out, I can save mine ok.

Any thoughts please?

I was a Tracktion user who went over to Logic, and am liking Reaper a lot so far..
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:18 AM   #2
BobM

Default Any Company People Out There?

As Reaper is more of a PC product than a Mac, I wanted to find out how many relevant features it would have for me.
I find presets useful starting points, am I to conclude that Reaper presets don't work on a Mac? And why not?
Old 04-08-2010, 05:42 AM   #3
schwa
Administrator

What VST plugins are you trying to load patches (FXP/FXB) for?

It's a little odd, but the way VST patches work is that the plugin itself needs to reserve space for patches. What many plugins do is supply a number of factory preset patches, while also providing a larger number of empty slots for the user to fill.

I just tested a few VSTs on Mac that support FXP/FXB patches, and they load fine. Most likely the particular VST you are using does not support FXP/FXB patches, so the "load" option is grayed out. For plugins like this, you can use the Reaper (RPL) preset system, which is the top dropdown box in the FX chain window.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
BobM

Thanks, I was trying to access the presets from the floating window "+" rather than from the RPL dropdown. Is it possible to download some Reverb Presets?

Thanks,

Bob M.

PS, Sorry about the tone of my last post...