Old 04-02-2018, 04:41 AM   #1
pljones
Human being with feelings

Default SDK API extension OSC pattern config file

Hi,

I've had a quick read of the SDK API headers and I think the answer here is another "no"...

I'd like to be able to extend the OSC pattern config file format (i.e. write an extension) to allow binding of patterns to ReaScripts and pass the parsed arguments in. (This would be similar to the existing "actions" marked "MIDI CC/OSC only" but for arbitrary ReaScript.)

I'd also like to add a ReaScript command to use the Reaper-configured outbound OSC transport to send an OSC message.

If anyone has suggestions on how that could be done, I'd appreciate it. (No workarounds needed - I've got something that "sort of works", it's not what I'd like it to be, though.)

If it's not possible to extend the parser, I'd call this an FR .

-- Peter
pljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:47 AM   #2
Xenakios

Sorry, it's a "no" with the built-in OSC support and ReaScript. The actions system in general does not support passing arguments to ReaScripts, which is sad.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:35 AM   #3
Teddy

It's not possible, I'm afraid. It would be really great to send arguments to reascripts and send osc as a response.

Fingers crossed it happens some day.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote