Old 09-06-2021, 08:31 AM   #1
amethyst
Human being with feelings

Default Arturia Keylab MCU remapping/learn

Hello, first post here, thanks for reading.

I have an Arturia Keylab Essential 49 and it is working perfectly with Reaper via MCU protocol using the DAW preset. Everything works (except the punch button, known issue).

But I have run in to a limitation that is driving me crazy and I was hoping someone here could solve it. Right now, the knobs are all mapped to Track 1-8 Pan via the MCU, and MIDI Learn in Reaper does not work for them. I would like to remap the knobs (ideally via Learn) to various synth parameters in plugins, while keeping everything else as-is via MCU. I can't find a way to bind them to actions or make them learnable at all.

If I use any other User preset on the KeyLab besides the DAW Preset, I can remap the knobs to other MIDI CCs, but the rest of the MCU bindings do not work, and I lose all the faders, jog wheel, etc. It's almost like using any Preset besides the DAW Preset disables MCU and assumes you will map everything. So that's out.

Basically I don't see a way to do this, and that seems really weird; other DAWs have no problem with Learn for the knobs.

Am I missing something obvious here? I assume so but pointers would be awesome.

Thanks for any help you can give!
amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote