Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 05-24-2018, 03:44 AM   #1
volt
Human being with feelings

Default Help me make a Macro for removing plosives

What i want the macro to do:

Split selected audio item at borders of time selection (at closest zerocrossing point or with some overlap and crossfades would be preferred)

set the color of the item to a preset color

Load ReaEQ to the new item as item FX with a 300 hz hipass filter preset.

Bring this EQ to focus (you now have the option of manually changing the filter frequency)

Any help with this would be much appreciated!
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:27 PM   #2
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

The way I macro out plosives is to use the Resources slots in the SWS Extensions menu to save a chain in the slot and then pull it up with the action "Resources-FX chain to selected items slot X". I don't think there's any way to pull up a preset without saving it as a chain and using the chain, but I could be wrong.
You just need to put it after a splitting action and make it one custom macro. If you search in the action window for 'split' you'll find several and you can highlight an area and have it split on both sides using one (can't remember which but it's in there : ) )

As far as keeping the focus in order to change the freq, what I do is have a lineup of macros next to each other (steep hi pass at 120, gentle drop from 200, etc) and if it doesn't do what I want, hitting undo then brings up the plugin window for tweaking. So the window isn't in focus every time but one stroke brings it up.