Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 01-26-2016, 12:35 PM   #1
efflux
Human being with feelings

Default Disappearing Velocity Handles [SOLVED]

Velocity handles and numbers on notes in the piano roll disappear and there is no way to get them back in the particular project. Whether you have selected for them to be viewed or not, they are gone making the project dead because I can't work without those.

I'm desperately trying to move to Reaper from Logic but problem after problem is stopping me.

I'm on Reaper 5.04 and OSX 10.8.5. The Reaper after that has a fatal bug in note preview.

Last edited by juliansader; 09-16-2018 at 05:32 AM.
efflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #2
efflux

I just found that if I increase the vertical zoom of the notes, the handles come back but the notes have to be vertically much larger than before. I know these handles disappear with thinner notes but in this project I have to have the notes much thinker.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:51 PM   #3
efflux

Ok. This seems to be a minor glitch. I never touched the note vertical zoom but as I was working the handles disappeared. It seems somehow the notes suddenly displayed slightly thinner. I never adjusted the thickness.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:56 PM   #4
noise_construct

Yep, handles come and go as they please. You can try luring them out of hiding by dragging one handle.

I run into new MIDI-related issues in REAPER almost daily. Unfortunately the developer has shown zero interest in fixing anything dealing with MIDI in the past two months I've followed the development. MIDI side is currently very buggy and completely neglected.
noise_construct is offline   Reply With Quote