Old 05-29-2019, 04:12 PM   #1
Faderjockey
Human being with feelings

Default I'll try asking one more time

Last time I asked didn't get answered really.. more questions back to me about how freezing works..

ok..I've been on Reaper since 2008 I fully understand freezing functions used them thousands of time maybe..

I'm on a 96k 32bit mixing project we finished tracking..
some gtrs are miced and IR's.. if I freeze tracks like the IR's I'm getting gaps in the audio. it's either missing a blip of audio or the new thing now it will sound weird and filtered then back to normal.. if I have 2 IR tracks.. but it's the same gtr part and freeze them at same time.. They both have different issues. where I may get a drop out the other one won't or some times they both do.. THis is so freaking random..

THese kinds of issues drive me nuts because we can really only ask here the audio world of Reaper or what ever DAW people use..this isn't normal Win10 PC issues it's a Reaper thing.

Hopefully some had this and had a fix..Like I said done freezing in Reaper for years never an issue.. I think I could render if I have to. But want to freeze in case I want to undo it.. and I can tell it to freeze the whole song length and won't have issues.. but I then loose my nicely chopped up audio regions.
Faderjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
Coachz

What IR plugin and other plugs are you freezing?
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:18 PM   #3
Faderjockey

It's different all the time some UAD sometimes to free up CPU.
But right now It's Fab Filter Pro Q and RedWirz mixIR2 and Sound Radix Auto Align
Old 05-29-2019, 04:33 PM   #4
Faderjockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
What IR plugin and other plugs are you freezing?
So far now..after you ask me that I decided to try not using MixIR2 plugin. I tried Fractal Cab Lab instead.. and loaded the same Ownhammer IR.. shocking the Cab Lab plays it back better sounding then Red Wirz MixIR2.. I had Auto Align on because there's also a real cab with a Royer 121 and U87 on it. I wanted to line those up with IR.

When I freeze with Cab Lab and not MixIR2 I get no errors in the file now..
I need to test with freezing something else without IR's at all.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:49 PM   #5
Faderjockey

I now could freeze an ampeg UAD plug with Fab Filter ProQ3 and a bass amp with fab filter and auto align..
so seems that Red Wirez mixIR2 is the fault of freeze errors.. wonder if other had that.
Waste of money now I won’t be using it.. since happy accident I found fractal cab lab sounds better and interface looks better.

I only use it when I end up using my Suhr relative load box.. which isn’t every session.
But this band used it a lot with real mics as well.. I froze things as we went thru.. really wasn’t until mixing that we really noticed these errors.. good thing I didn’t render it and was able to unfreeze.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:07 AM   #6
Coachz

So the question is....is it a Red Wirez mixIR2 problem or a Reaper problem though. Should this user be notifying the vendor or is this a Reaper bug ? How to tell ?
Old 05-30-2019, 04:21 AM   #7
ramses

It's probably on the plugin side. Usually is. I don't believe there are any issues with the freeze function in reaper.
ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:32 AM   #8
Coachz

In that case he should hollar at the vendor and let him know there is a problem with freeze in Reaper. Then he can get his money's worth of what he bought.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:47 AM   #9
Faderjockey

I guess I’ll have to contact them. Are usually mix 24 bit 44.1 But this project we tracked at 32/96k so that’s where I’m mixing.
At first I thought Reaper had an issue at 96K. But I doubt it was Reaper..I just couldn’t get to the bottom of it until last night. I’ve been so busy not sure why I didn’t try the Cab Lab. I got that a few months back for loading IRs into my Fractal.. but never used the vst version much.

I’ll contact Red Wirez about it.. glad it’s $50 plug not a $300 UAD that doesn’t work.

I’m on a deadline for mastering date just happy I can move forward now..thanks I’ll try to update here after I contact them about the issue.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:56 PM   #10
Faderjockey

Red Wirez hasn't heard of that yet.. But now they have and said they will look into it.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:12 PM   #11
Coachz

Great. It sounds like a responsive company !