Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 12-01-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
Evertschut
Human being with feelings

Default plugin path reverts to older version

I installed an SSD Card in my computer to which I moved all my plugins. After changing all the plugin paths this worked fine a couple of weeks, but since yesterday now with each restart of Reaper it reverts to older plugin paths. After changing Preferences to the new plugin paths, I re-scan, and halfway the computer crashes (OK, I have many ore plugs than I really need, but that shouldn't be the problem). When I restart Reaper it has again reverted to the same paths.
On top of that, some plugs have stopped working all together: I own a series of Sonivox plugs (violins woodwinds brass and such) which I can't get started at all. Even though Ilok shows their all installed and activated.

Any ideas?
Evertschut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 02:23 AM   #2
ivansc

A guess, but I suspect that you moved something by hand away from the expected location - as decided by the initial installation. A better bet would be to see if you can run the installers for the "naughty" plugins and tell the installer where your new location is. THEN clear and reascan.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:02 PM   #3
Evertschut

Thanks for your thoughts,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
A guess, but I suspect that you moved something by hand away from the expected location - as decided by the initial installation. A better bet would be to see if you can run the installers for the "naughty" plugins and tell the installer where your new location is. THEN clear and reascan.
I moved a lot of stuff from my D: hard drive to my new SSD C: drive, including all my plugins. The thing is: it worked fine for a couple of weeks, no trouble finding the plugins once I redirected reaper to the new location. The strange thing is, I haven't used the standard location for plugins for years, and yet that's what Reaper reverts to every time. I can't recall changing anything in the setup of the computer, or Windows or Reaper. It just suddenly starts acting strange. The only thing I can think of: I use a plugin (some 'sweeper' if I remember right - I'm not behind my mixing desk right now) to clean out stuff from my drives. I hope that's not caused any damage.......A computer nerd friend of mine advised me that one.
Evertschut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:26 AM   #4
ivansc

Your sweeper plugin - is that something you are using from within \Reaper?? New one on me that you could do that.

But if it is some sort of auto-tidying application yes that could well be the culprit. Good luck!