Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 02-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #81
peter5992
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens View Post
Sounds good - just keep in mind that Germans have a tendency to be somewhat kinky, so don't treat her too christianly...

(but you're Dutch, so actually there's probably no need to tell you anyway )
And here she is! Isn't she pretty?

Unfortunately this was a demo unit and most all of the accessories are missing, including notably the power and the mounting brackets, so this girl is going back to Sweetwater to be swapped for a brand new unit.
peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #82
peter5992

Update 2/21: tried to daisy chain the Profire to the Projectmix (after I changed the clocking setting in the menu using another vista laptop), but no dice - blinking light.

And then, unrelated, or maybe not, the iLok decided to start its own little Jihad by not allowing me to boot Pro Tools. To be sure, nothing wrong with the iLok, it works fine on DAW #1 (the Reaper DAW), and all licenses are there. To finish it off, the iLok authorization software on DAW #2 is messed up, and I can neither uninstall nor reinstall it.

Herr Gott, schenk mir Geduld ...

Well, at least the sun is shining here in Oakland.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:27 PM   #83
peter5992

Update 5 pm: iLok issue not fixed, but after rebooting and leaving the computer to chill out for several hours, it seems to have gone away at least temporarily, so Pro Tools working again.

Well ... until I did something weird like trying to figure out why markers aren't showing up in my session after I entered them. Freeze ... crash .... reboot ...

and now we're back to the iLok authorization problem.

It's almost comical how everything can get fucked up at the same. Good thing I have several different DAW computers so I can keep working in Reaper and Sibelius.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:56 PM   #84
Doc Brown

Profire is officially dead and it ain't getting fixed. I have had BSOD issues even after new ssd drive and fresh install. It turns out evertime I tried to power up the profire my computer would lock up and the screen would go insanely distorted. I'm done with this pos.

I'm looking at something with close to the same number of outputs but not from m-audio. Saffirepro 40? Liquid saffire 56? Or.....?

What do you all recommend?

Thanks.
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:38 PM   #85
innuendo

Don't waste your money on cheap focusrite sh*t. It's the same league as m-audio. Get an RME. There is nothing of decent quality that costs less than RME. BTW you might be able to use the Profire in standalone mode for preamps and go with Fireface UCX for a couple of decent preamps and 8 converters. The m-audio converters are lousy but preamps are tolerable for the less important stuff. Or if you need more converters and/or digital I/O then UFX.
innuendo is offline   Reply With Quote