Old 07-29-2019, 01:52 AM   #1
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper startup sticking on checking MIDI hardware

Odd. I have had this happen a couple of times recently & just ran the task manager to close off the reaper.exe.
Restarted & all was well. Right now I started reaper & it stuck in the sme place twice, still stuck on it right now and I cant see anything obvious that would cause this going on.

Anyone else had the same problem, or have any suggestions for a cause & how to fix it?

win10 pro two MIDI devices ( a NanoKontrol & a NanoPad) plus the usual interface in/out x2, so nothing unexpected there.
The system has been running for ages with no errors of this nature or any other in a very long time. Interface is a RME HDSP 9652.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:06 AM   #2
ivansc
Human being with feelings

OK. I ended up having to do a close down and restart, which resolved the situation so it looks like it is something connected to Win10 startup/clsedown rahter than a reaper issue. Grrr...