Old 07-29-2019, 01:37 AM   #41
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Well a guy from Inmusic (bought out Sonivox, apparently) just relied to one of my many emails to inform me that DVI Dynacoustic Bass was discontinued & that they were not going to do anything to help me

So I am damned if I am spending money on another of their products, which weill likely go the same way and/or end up crashing out on me.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:41 AM   #42
Goldreap

Yes, bloody shame. Does the plugin actually load? Or is it perhaps just that it can't find the samples? I think too that they changed their authorization method at some point from a sort of standalone authorizer to an iLok thing..maybe that has mucked something up?
Goldreap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:34 AM   #43
winbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldreap View Post
I think I mentioned this to you maybe 3 or so years ago (?) but I'm pretty sure that Sonivox Eighty Eight Ensemble has the same Acoustic Bass samples as their Dynamic Acoustic Bass.

You can split your keyboard and have things like bass/piano BUT you can just load a full range bass by itself. You don't get the extra processed sounds but the basic sampled sounds are there and sound very good.

Plugin Boutique has it on sale pretty often...I've seen it for around 10 quid at times I think. You can download a trial.
Wow... I remember around 20 years ago, I was using Dynamic Acoustic Bass! And also Blue Jay Drums... at that time, they were not repackaged by Sonivox, they were soundfonts, made by Sonic Implants.

Quite good actually... maybe I should try to use them again, but I miss the simplicity or my old RGC sf2 player that was so light and efficient!
Old 07-30-2019, 01:06 AM   #44
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldreap View Post
Yes, bloody shame. Does the plugin actually load? Or is it perhaps just that it can't find the samples? I think too that they changed their authorization method at some point from a sort of standalone authorizer to an iLok thing..maybe that has mucked something up?
Yes the software encapsulator starts & it shows the various files it should pick up containing the samples, but all the samples seem to have disappeared. Went back through my older backups of both my C: drive and the one I use for holding samples and cant find anything relevant apart from an e-copy of my original receipt, complete with dfownload links, which no longer exist, of course.

I am old and set in my ways. I still use NI`Is long dead (but still available to download for registered owners) B4II for instance. Just a shame that inMusic apparently dont consider their existing users worth helping.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:10 AM   #45
TheMaartian

If you're still looking for a good AUB library AND you have a full Kontakt license, Orange Tree Samples CoreBass Pear is excellent. It's $59, and one of those VIs that's worth its list price.

https://www.orangetreesamples.com/pr.../corebass-pear
TheMaartian is offline   Reply With Quote