Old 01-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #41
Klinke
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by diezelmonster666 View Post
Yes, as I said... I've done exactly like shown in this thread, set everything in the control surface section... but it doesn't work. I was told yesterday that it could be the drivers, as they are the first ever available for PC. I feel very uncomfortable in beeing a beta tester, so I will return it and look for something else as I REALLY NEED motorized faders.

Any suggestions??? A lot of guys seem to be happy with their BCF2000, except for the fader noise...
If you can effort it, i suggest the Mackie Control Universal in combination with my extension (which will be updated soon with some nice new features).
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:20 AM   #42
diezelmonster666

Quote:
Originally Posted by czarnekci View Post
Did you setup the MC control for acting like a mackiecontrol with reaper? You need to do this IN reaper,but IN the panel preferences,too, in the euphonix control panel (not in the eucon program)...you have to choose midi port1-4,and after in reaper you can assign the 4 midi ports for acting like 1 MCU+ 3 extender....

It works really well here...BCF2000 is really not the same product:notouch sensitive,no actions in the touchscreen.......

But for sure, the best would be to have real EUCON protocolfor V4
So, you're talking about the MC Control and I've bought a MC Mix. I don't have a clue if they may behave the same or not. There is no chapter written in the manual that talks about editing stuff on the controller itself, except if you need to have a static ip address. And the only thing it shows me in the panel are empty bars on each strip. And BTW, all the stuff shown in the manual still shows the settings done on a MAC. How do I do it then?
diezelmonster666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:25 AM   #43
diezelmonster666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
If you can effort it, i suggest the Mackie Control Universal in combination with my extension (which will be updated soon with some nice new features).
Allright, someone from just around the corner (or so :-))).

I'm a newbie to this control surface thing. What kind of extension are you talking about? Please forgive my lack of knowledge...
Old 01-31-2011, 05:59 AM   #44
czarnekci

Quote:
So, you're talking about the MC Control and I've bought a MC Mix. I don't have a clue if they may behave the same or not. There is no chapter written in the manual that talks about editing stuff on the controller itself, except if you need to have a static ip address. And the only thing it shows me in the panel are empty bars on each strip. And BTW, all the stuff shown in the manual still shows the settings done on a MAC. How do I do it then?
It's the same for MC Mix...Did you open the "windows system panel", in the euphonix peripheral? You have to add reaper there, in mcu mode.
I've tested my euphonix on both Mac and PC.

But for sure, the mackie control with the klinke's plug-in will work better...even if I think that the real mackie control is a little bit old and obsolete...

If I could have a mac version of klinke's plug-in, it would be great! I've tried it with the MC control on PC, and it seems to be better than the original one, even if some things are strange with the MC control...
czarnekci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:31 AM   #45
diezelmonster666

Quote:
Originally Posted by czarnekci View Post
It's the same for MC Mix...Did you open the "windows system panel", in the euphonix peripheral? You have to add reaper there, in mcu mode.
I've tested my euphonix on both Mac and PC.

But for sure, the mackie control with the klinke's plug-in will work better...even if I think that the real mackie control is a little bit old and obsolete...

If I could have a mac version of klinke's plug-in, it would be great! I've tried it with the MC control on PC, and it seems to be better than the original one, even if some things are strange with the MC control...

ALLRIGHT NOW... it works... thanks a lot for your help. I really had to use the search function in the system panel to find the Euphonix menu for that. Since I'm a newbie to this... I checked out that I can control faders and pan, set tracks record-ready, solo oder mute them (but MC Mix's soft buttons doesn't show it). If that's really all, what the main difference to a BCF2000 except 700 euros in price difference? Don't get me wrong... it looks cool and the information provided in the controler panel is nice. But this can't be all...
Old 01-31-2011, 09:53 AM   #46
czarnekci

Quote:
ALLRIGHT NOW... it works... thanks a lot for your help. I really had to use the search function in the system panel to find the Euphonix menu for that. Since I'm a newbie to this... I checked out that I can control faders and pan, set tracks record-ready, solo oder mute them (but MC Mix's soft buttons doesn't show it). If that's really all, what the main difference to a BCF2000 except 700 euros in price difference? Don't get me wrong... it looks cool and the information provided in the controler panel is nice. But this can't be all...
Happy that your problem is resolved.

The difference are (I have one BCF2000 too)
- faders are more noisy in the BCF
- faders are not touch-sensitive in BCF: if you read automation, you can't write on the fly just by touching the fader, you have to move it like a monster!
- rotary controls are no touch-sensitive in BCF
- there's no LCD on BCF so when you switch bank you see nothing

The touch sensitive is the most difference: if you want to use automation (and if you want motorized fader I think you do), it's really hard with the BCF, you will take back your mouse...

I have the problem for the solo button too, but the backlight for the Mute is OK.

If you have some time, try it with the klinke's plug-in....maybe you can have control for the sends or other things.....
czarnekci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:56 PM   #47
Klinke

Quote:
Allright, someone from just around the corner (or so :-))).

I'm a newbie to this control surface thing. What kind of extension are you talking about? Please forgive my lack of knowledge...
I (or we) talked about this extension:

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/3558/reaper...mcu_klinke.zip

This will give you access to the sends and FX parameters, but i don't know how good it works in combination with the Euphonix MC Mix (the Mackie Control have a lot of more buttons, so i'm a bit skeptical).
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:21 AM   #48
diezelmonster666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
I (or we) talked about this extension:

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/3558/reaper...mcu_klinke.zip

This will give you access to the sends and FX parameters, but i don't know how good it works in combination with the Euphonix MC Mix (the Mackie Control have a lot of more buttons, so i'm a bit skeptical).

And you're completely right with your skepsys, because it doesn't... which is sad because it seems to be a very useful tool. Although I could not find out how to open the mapping (ALT-PLUG-IN?). So I'm about to return the MC Mix and get me an MCU cheaper or maybe just a stupid BCF2000. I also read about guys that changed the noisy faders in these units and are very happy. I need to A/B them I guess.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:35 AM   #49
norbury brook

the MC Mix is working here after a fashion, I've tried the standard and Klinke extensions and they both work.You get basic volume and pan info only though as the buttons aren't mapped to anything in reaper,that's what the whole EUCON software does so it's not a surprise.

On a PC you need to go to the Eucon icon in windows control panel and add the Reaper.exe there,that's the bit that's confusing as all other Eucon DAw's work without having to do this.

It would be great to see Eucon adopted by cockos, it's noticable by it's absence on the Euphonix web site, all of the other major players are there.

MC
Old 02-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #50
YILA

are you getting more than volume and pan with it?
YILA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:03 AM   #51
norbury brook

It's not worth buying just for reaper, I use cubase 6 so it's worth it for that as it uses Eucon protocol.

MC
Old 03-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #52
grannyman

Hey guys, im new to your community but find it very informative. I had the good fortune of purchasing a brand new Euphonix MC Mix yesterday from Guitar Center for $849!! I could not pass up this bargain so i bought it after hearing that it now had PC support. As I am just now starting to do post production in my PC based studio I am EXTREMELY green. I have read and searched but can not find for the life of me how to get this thing hooked up to reaper. I think my main problem is trying to find the Eucon symbol in my control panel....I just do not see it there so i cant add the Reaper.exe to the Preferences pane as i cant even find the Prefereces pane...plz help me hook this up even for the limited use i will get out of it in Reaper because i would hate to have to take this back because of the steal that i got it!

Thx,
Frustrated and lost MC Mix user
grannyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #53
foxcorner

Hi folks,
I just obtained a mostly-working MC Mix (two of the fader motors are a little unreliable), and I'm trying to connect it to REAPER on Windows 7 64-bit.

No success so far...

I have downloaded and installed the latest EuCon driver pack from Avid's website.

I have given the MC Mix a static IP address, and the EuCon system finds it and talks to it: I was able to update the MC Mix's firmware (to 1.5.1).

I have told REAPER (4.13, 32-bit) to use Mackie Control Universal mode, and it finds the "Euphonix EuMidi" ports. I've selected port 1 for input and output. (Also tried other ports, with no success.)

But I have no idea what to do next. I've searched all over for the EuCon configuration tool that lets me set up the MIDI ports on the controller, or to explicitly add REAPER to its list of applications, but I can't find it. Has Mackie protocol support gone away with the Avid takeover? Am I missing something (likely!) ?

One more fact: I am also using a PreSonus FaderPort, with no problems. Hopefully I can use both devices?

Thanks for any hints!
Dan
foxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #54
mahasandi

Please support EUCON !!!!!1
mahasandi is offline   Reply With Quote