Old 02-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
Vadymmykh
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI sliders in CME went mad in REAPER

Hi everyone.
I have CME uf60 keyboard and it is quite good for me. I'm using it for almost a year and with combination of one NANOpad from KORG it works perfect. Almost perfect. For some reason when I wanted to bind sliders I have found that sliders number 6 and 7 send THE SAME MIDI MESSAGE. No, really, using either slider I can control the same parameter. But not only this. Other problem is that when I activate mode A (a button just below WIDI search) second slider does the same that first slider in normal mode. I afraid that there will be more same slider problems using B mode.
In FL Studio I haven't this problem, neither in Cubase. So it should be REAPER bug or driver incompatibility or I don't know what.
So, what can I do? I have downloaded drivers from official web page just few minutes ago and now I will try to find out will it work better (at least I'd like every knob and slider send its own message).
Thanx, dudes
Vadymmykh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
oxus72
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI-OX, customizable knobs & faders

Solved already? Just to make sure: The older UF6 that I have comes with factory defaulted SAME message for many customizable knobs and faders while in the function modes (lit LED:s). You tweak them by pressing the A/B mode button (for faders), holding it down and twisting the program knob while in lit LED mode. Doesn't really explain the discrepancies in different DAW:s but still useful to know. Check your manual for UF60 series details, I think it's pretty similar.

If you haven't already you may want to install MIDI-OX to monitor in real-time what your hardware is actually sending, to avoid double assigning controls.
oxus72 is offline   Reply With Quote