Old 08-05-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
earlabs
Human being with feelings

Default change color for envelope labels

Guys, my labels for pan, volume and all other envelope lanes are black on black. Where oh where, can I change these parameters?
Attached Images
File Type: gif 5-8-2012 13-25-48.gif (9.4 KB, 195 views)
Old 08-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
gofer
-blänk-

If there is no code in the rtconfig of your theme, both envelope label and value readout colors are defined by the color "Window text" in the theme editor. This color is shared with many other elements, so it's better to define specific colors for env label and value in the theme's config file.

This will sound complicated, but if you're just stubborn, you'll get through:

Open rtconfig.txt of that theme (in the folder with the theme's images) and find the area that deals with envelope lane headers. You can tell it by the lines that start with "set envcp.stuff".

Look whether there is a line like

Code:
set envcp.label.color [somenumbers]
the numbers in brackets define the color. Can be up to 8 numbers in there, with the first three ones defining r, g and b for the font color (the fourth is an alpha value I don't really know how to use and the second block of four colors are the same r,g,b,alpha for a background rectangle Reaper can paint in the label area). So, the first three numbers is where you want to make changes. r, g and b values can be from 1 to 255 (I think... hopefully someone else can be more explicit).

Eg, a line like
Code:
set envcp.label.color [255 255 255]
sets the label to a blinding white. (Mind, that it's sufficient to just write three numbers, the "missing" five will just be interpreted as "ok, no change there".)

If there is no such line to edit, just add it.

Do the same for the value readout, like:
Code:
set envcp.value.color [255 255 255]

...should work.

To confuse you a bit more : It might be that the theme has multiple layouts for envelope headers, so it might be that you have to add those lines for each of them...
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #3
earlabs
Human being with feelings

Thanks! Got it!! I had too many instances of the Rado theme (packed, unpacked, zipped, unzipped) that I didn't know which one was actually loaded. Now I know and in the slipstream cleaned up the folder.