Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 02-06-2015, 09:50 AM   #41
SEA
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nektar Support View Post
You caught me! As I said, it's a preliminary version of the user guide, the graphics will be updated in the final version.

SaaaWEEET!!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/jamieseamusic
SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #42
properauthority

Quote:
Hi all,

This is Justin from Nektar Technology (also known as justin3am on other boards). I'm very happy to see so much interest in Panorama's integration with Reaper.

If you have any questions or issues to report, don't hesitate to contact me via the Nektar support system.

I want to comment about the automatic record-arm feature. We have received a lot of comments from users who say they don't necessarily want tracks to be armed for recording automatically when they select a track.

Since there is functionality built into Reaper to automatically arm for recording, globally or on a per-track basis, we have decided to remove this feature.

Instead we will include instructions for activating the 'Set all tracks to automatic record-arm when track selected' option in the 'Tracks' menu. Does that sound reasonable?

All the best,
Justin Sullivan
Did this fix ever come out? Thanks guys.
properauthority is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:56 PM   #43
bluzkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by properauthority View Post
Did this fix ever come out? Thanks guys.
Not yet, new software hasn't been posted yet (for Reaper).

Old 03-04-2015, 03:57 PM   #44
4x4uk

give them time, the beta integration scrip was only made available on 12 December 2014.

Its not even a month since Justin posted the note the proposed mods
4x4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:08 PM   #45
dea-man

Quote:
You caught me! As I said, it's a preliminary version of the user guide, the graphics will be updated in the final version.
I am gearing up (pun intended) to buy a Nektar Impact LX88. Is that shipping now? How is it working with Reaper?

Any info would be appreciated.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:15 AM   #46
bluzkat

The LX 88 is in stock at Sweetwater...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ImpactLX88.

More info about integration here:

http://www.nektartech.com/Products/Impact-LX88.

Enjoy.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:28 AM   #47
DarkStar

I think that the Sweetwater description for the LX88 has been lifted from the LX61 description. Check the Nektar site for the real info.

Different key action, different position for ModWheel and PitchBend ...
Old 03-05-2015, 01:28 PM   #48
dea-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzkat View Post
The LX 88 is in stock at Sweetwater...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ImpactLX88.

More info about integration here:

Enjoy.

Yes, thank you Bluzkat. Very cool stuff!
Old 03-05-2015, 03:22 PM   #49
bluzkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
I think that the Sweetwater description for the LX88 has been lifted from the LX61 description. Check the Nektar site for the real info.

Different key action, different position for ModWheel and PitchBend ...
I think you may be right. The correct info is on the Nektar website...

Old 03-12-2015, 07:30 AM   #50
SEA

Hey guys!

I'm gunna get a Nektar P1 Controller so I have less foot print in the studio. I just bought the Nektar P6 but it's getting REAL crowded in here!

So... I was gunna route my Yamaha 88 P-95 weighted keyboard through the Nektar P1 Controller and then just program one of the knobs for pitch wheel a modulation.

Does this sound doable to you guys?

Thanks!

SEA

Last edited by SEA; 03-12-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:10 AM   #51
Omarkum

I dont know if its doable..though it sounds like a lovely set up. I like the P6 so much and would like to do the same with with my fully weighted 1982 Roland Piano Plus 450. It would be nice to have that join this century. Good Choice's I reckon SEA.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #52
SEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarkum View Post
I dont know if its doable..though it sounds like a lovely set up. I like the P6 so much and would like to do the same with with my fully weighted 1982 Roland Piano Plus 450. It would be nice to have that join this century. Good Choice's I reckon SEA.
On the Gearslutz forum I asked:
Quote:
Once I assign the knobs to pitch and mod, can it be saved in the project?

I'm using Reaper as well. I just need it for synths and samples libs that use the mod wheel to control parameters.

Thanks!
Then barryfell replied.

Quote:
I guess you could go through the VSTi maps for the VSTis you use and reassign 2 of the 8 knobs to pitch and mod, and it will save that permanently on the hardware.
So it looks like you can!

SEA

Old 08-27-2015, 04:58 AM   #53
Tije401

What i would like to know (i'm not certain if this is the correct thread):

Can i use a Nektar P1 in combination with other control surfaces, like one or two BCF2000's (motorised faders, using Klinke's mcu-plugin).

I would like all of my tracks (rarely more then 16) to be controllable all the time as I really dislike banking. In the video's I've seen regarding the Nektar controllers I think it would be great as plugin-controller without the mapping-horror of using a BCR2000 or something similar. So mixer control with BCF2000's, plugin control with Nektar.

Does the Nektar stuff play well with other surfaces?
Tije401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:13 AM   #54
dea-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarkum View Post
So, were you able to do this?
Old 08-27-2015, 10:40 AM   #55
4x4uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tije401 View Post
What i would like to know (i'm not certain if this is the correct thread):

Can i use a Nektar P1 in combination with other control surfaces, like one or two BCF2000's (motorised faders, using Klinke's mcu-plugin).

I would like all of my tracks (rarely more then 16) to be controllable all the time as I really dislike banking. In the video's I've seen regarding the Nektar controllers I think it would be great as plugin-controller without the mapping-horror of using a BCR2000 or something similar. So mixer control with BCF2000's, plugin control with Nektar.

Does the Nektar stuff play well with other surfaces?
I have used the P1 with a korg nanocontrol using klinkes mcu wiThout issue the nanicontrol/follwed wht i had selected o the P1 so Thesme should be True for the bcfs I wouldexpect
Old 08-28-2015, 01:11 AM   #56
Tije401

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4uk View Post
I have used the P1 with a korg nanocontrol using klinkes mcu wiThout issue the nanicontrol/follwed wht i had selected o the P1 so Thesme should be True for the bcfs I wouldexpect
Thank you. I think I will buy a P1 and just try it combined with the BCF2000. I will report back to confirm.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:40 AM   #57
Tije401

I decided to give it a go and I bought a P1 (second hand for 140 bucks) to complement the BCF2000. Works together nicely! Love the way the Nektar reacts to selecting tracks on the BCF and the way the Nektar's display and auto/prefab mapping makes controlling plugins easy. Wonderful stuff.

Some things that stand out, after two evenings of use:

Pros:
- installation is easy and it really feels deeply integrated with Reaper. After installation the Nektar shows up in the list of control surfaces and that's it. Parameters on the Nektar are neatly synced with the screen and vice versa. The mixer / instrument / transport knobs are very handy. A push of the button and the VST plugin GUI appears.
-The Nektar's transport is truly great. Worth the money alone. The F keys combined with all of the macro/action abilities of Reaper is a welcome extra and could really improve my workflow!
-The display is very readible and handy.
- Seems very stable

Cons:
- I really don't like browsing parameter pages with the rotary 'Data' knob. Would vastly prefer push buttons.
- I want to anchor some Reaper channels (my aux busses) to the Nektar faders and use my BCF for the rest of the mixer control. I don't know if it's possible but I thought I read it somewhere.
-I haven't found out how to remove inserts / eq with the Nektar. Bypass/Enable toggling is easy but deletion isn't possible.
- Would like to be able to custom label the F keys assignments on the Nektar LCD
- Been looking at the installed .npm files that are used for mapping plugin parameters to the Nektar knobs hoping for an easy editable file. It would be great if they were available in some sort of human readible/editable format. Now it's just a bunch of bytes. Maybe some kinds of XML format:
<plugin name='XXX'>
<nectar control='rotary1' plugincontrol='parametername1'/>
</plugin>

That would make quick editing existing maps to my own preferences easy. The user could put parameters they want direct access too on the first page of the screen and avoid the data rotary knob as much as possible.

Still have to work with it longer ofcourse, but I believe it's a keeper! Have to try out the custom plugin mapping / learn function, but that shouldn't be to hard.

I'm trying to achieve a near mouseless setup for recording and rough mixing. Right now I believe this is the closest I can get on a budget.

Last edited by Tije401; 09-02-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:22 PM   #58
4x4uk

If you get stuck you could always contact Nektar customer support as I did this evening when I discovered a minor issue with the P1.

Believe it or not I received a reply (not an automated response in under 30 minutes).

It is so nice to deal with companies in this day and age that have excellent customer support

Last edited by 4x4uk; 09-02-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #59
vanhaze

↑↑↑ This !

Me 2 has excellent experience with Nektar Customer Support.
They are very helpful, well willing and have great knowledge.
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:20 PM   #60
Omarkum

Agree with your pros and cons Tij...and you should point these to Nektar and let us know if you can..I get all Dyslexic with the data encoder etc. Keep us up to date if they have any useful responses.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:13 AM   #61
Tije401

Okay guys. Good to hear their customer support is so quick and friendly. I will try and get accustomed with the controller first for a few weeks and contact Nektar after some time of real-world usage to see if it's possible to address some cons. If not, i'm still really liking this controller.

P4 and P6 should be similar in experience to the P1, so for future readers: it's confirmed they work great together with other surfaces like the BCF2000.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:08 PM   #62
Nektar Support

Tim just did a great demo with a P4 in Reaper for Sonic State.

Check it out
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2015/...4-with-reaper/
Nektar Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:09 PM   #63
Nektar Support

Oops, I'm not sure how to embed video on this board.
Nektar Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:11 PM   #64
vanhaze

I own a P4 and i use Reaper as main DAW: this is just awesome great stuff !!
Nektar: you rule !!
Old 10-12-2015, 11:19 AM   #65
revp

Nektar Panorama series is genius & greatness in it's integration with Reaper. I had some issues with setup (driver & virtual driver confusion) as i use both mac & pc but nektar tech support was beyond amazing in helping me.

Mixer & instrument modes work well. I'm using REAPER with NI KOMPLETE 9, RealGuitar, & WAVES plugins. For the vsti/aui that dont map perfectly in instrument mode, going to internal mode & then using reaper or NI's learn mode worked perfectly. And when switching between modes, theres been no driver or assignment confusion. Great programming.

The P6 keybed takes some getting used to but i even got tech support with velocity curves for the keybed to respond better to vsti & aui. A big pkus is the motorized fader.

The Nektar team has done well in setup & support for Panorama & Reaper. I highly recommend the P6/P4/P1 controllers as true companions for reaper.
revp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:45 AM   #66
dea-man

This is awesome to hear.

I want the Nektar LX88 controller. It's on my radar.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:27 PM   #67
vanhaze

I have the P4 , so happy with it and its Reaper integration ; Nektar rocks !!
Old 10-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #68
revp

If you are using vsti/aui for organ or strings, i recommend the panorama series as it includes expression pedal jack & aftertouch.
revp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:44 PM   #69
narxistdan

I have a P6 and have been very happy with the Reaper integration. My only real complaint is that there's 12 pads rather than 0 or 16. It's fine for some uses but if you're using them for chopped samples it's exactly 3/4 as many as I want 90% of the time. The sensitivity on them is ok but not great.

It's taking some time for me to retrain myself to reach for the dedicated controls rather than the keyboard or mouse.

Lately I've noticed what seems like a bug and I wanted to see if anyone else is getting this behavior.

If I adjust a track's level with the flying fader and then select another track with the mouse, most of the time the fader stops flying until I reboot Reaper. Selecting other tracks with the P6 doesn't cause it, only using the mouse. I tried a few different sources for fader power as is suggested for weird fader behavior on the Nektar site but no dice.

Anyone else seen this?
narxistdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:56 AM   #70
4x4uk

yes hthere is an issue with the integration if you select more than one track fader behavior in repaer gets weird till tracks are unselected. This has been to nektar
Old 11-05-2015, 09:27 AM   #71
narxistdan

Interesting. I'm not selecting multiple tracks though. I select a track, move the fader, and then click on a different track, and then the fader stops moving. I'll see if deselecting all tracks brings it back to life. Sounds like that's what you're saying should happen if it's the same issue.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:42 PM   #72
narxistdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by narxistdan View Post
I'll see if deselecting all tracks brings it back to life. Sounds like that's what you're saying should happen if it's the same issue.
No dice. It's really just dead til I restart. Must be an unrelated issue. Is there a more useful way to report bugs to Nektar?

I'm also getting the weird behavior you describe when more than one track is selected. The faders just start moving around on their own. Pretty weird
Old 11-06-2015, 05:38 AM   #73
4x4uk

yes if you log into the nektar site under the support section you can create a support ticket to notify them of problems issues you may have. The support team are great. They are very responsive, although it may take a while for the problem to be fully resolved
Old 11-06-2015, 06:26 PM   #74
narxistdan

I just uninstalled everything related to the Panorama and downloaded the latest installer/firmware/reaper support and both of the issues are gone for me. Looks like the latest version of the reaper support is 1.0.2 from Oct 19th.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:05 PM   #75
Erland1

Default Nektar P1 issue - in case thread still active

Nektar P1, latest firmware/reaper integration driver, Reaper 5.1: The macro editor simply wont show up. Anybody sharing this experience? Thanks in advance.
Erland1 is offline   Reply With Quote