Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 12-12-2009, 04:05 AM   #1
stratotak
Human being with feelings

Default Short Circuit 2 sampler??Any one..

What formats does this sampler support.EXS24,Battery,Halion,Kompakt,etc..??
I have the free NS7 full drum kit that was made into a Battery kit. I created short cuts to samples and patch. And samples and patches show up in Short Circuit. It loads up all the zones and all..But it says "empty" in them.So there are no samples loaded..But the zones are there.The samples show up in the sample tab..Can click them and hear them. Patches show up in patches tab and they load up and zones are shown. But like I said..It says "empty" and no samples are actually loaded..Anyone know whats going on?
stratotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:14 AM   #2
mtthw

As far as I know, people use SC Version 1.x, because the 2.x version was never finished.
mtthw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:16 AM   #3
Xenakios

Yeah, forget about ShortCircuit version 2, it was never very stable and finished in features and then further development was cancelled.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #4
stratotak

Well..went and uninstalled and installed version 1.1.2 It shows when choosing to load,the different formats it supports and Battery. But It doesn't load up the sound samples..it creates all the zones but just wont load the .wav samples.
stratotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
j79

well, im sure i managed to load battery patches in shortcircuit before, so it most definately is doable

but that was shortcurcuit 1.something, and maybe more important, battery 2 patches...
j79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #6
Destructavator

I downloaded version 2 a long time ago and have it somewhere on a backup disc (I tend to never throw anything away when cleaning my hard drives, I just back up everything and it accumulates), but back when I tried it I couldn't make it work on my machine.

I've had good luck with version 1.x though, it never gave me any problems.

Then an even wiser man said: "Goodness, dear no! If you want people to listen, speak LOUDLY and say it with machine gun spray!"
Destructavator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:45 AM   #7
mabian

Hello,

one question about SC2: it seems it stores a lot of data inside the reaper project, does it store samples, and if so, is there some setting to tell it to keep this data outside the reaper project?

Thanks,
Mario
mabian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #8
technogremlin

Just FYI: I use NI's Studio Drums (battery format) with SC1 without problems.
technogremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #9
Dstruct

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabian View Post
is there some setting to tell it to keep this data outside the reaper project?
No .
Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #10
mabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstruct View Post
No .
Ah, that's a bit awful, since SC v1 seems to do it the right way...

Thanks.
- Mario
mabian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:52 AM   #11
Floortom13

Hi there!
I am totally new to all this, was only using classic Cubase multitrack audio drum recording until now... recently I added a single triggered pad to my acoustic setup. Ok, I can start the loop in SC with it. However, I have two major problems:

1. It'll play the loop only once, so I have to trigger it every 4 bars which is impossible to do live. I see the 'loop until release' button but it doesn't work. I must be missing something here.
2. Is there a way to stop the same loop by hitting the same pad? And starting the loop from the beginning the next time I hit it?

I am planning to use just one percussion loop at a time and playing acoustic drum with it.

Sorry if I missed some existing helpful thread, please be kind and point me to it
Floortom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #12
V'ger

Drag the loop to a track in Reaper and set the pad to trigger normal start/stop of Reaper playback (set shortcut in actions), it's as easy as that.

Extra benefit is that Reaper will timestretch any loop to fit tempo.

If you really wanna get creative with this and use several loops or sequence of loops, get friendly with Captain Caveman's Arranger Track JS plugin.
V'ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #13
V'ger

About ShortCircuit 2, I'm a big fan and use it as my main sampler/SF2/wave player.

The search and autopreview feature is incredibly useful, and I like that SC2 includes all samples used in the project file. Sure, it can be huge sometimes but who cares about that in todays gigabyte or terabyte world when you can load up a project and it will work without the dreaded 'sample files missing'.

Some have stability issues with it, and although it will occasionally act up it is very rare. With frequent autosave it's no problem compared to the hassles of others.

Point is to run it as a dedicatad process. Here's a brief intro:

1. After plugin install, right-click and drag/drop the folders where you have your .wav files to ..\Shortcircuit2\database\samples\ > then 'create shortcuts here'.
Do the same with the folders where your soundfonts, giga, kits etc, but to ..\Shortcircuit2\database\patches.

2. Load the FX as a dedicated process by right-clicking and setting the options like this:

Then load the database by right-clicking in the browser for the option and then left-click that (do this after adding new material to the folder), see here for that and how to drag waves and load samples etc:

Last edited by V'ger; 05-21-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #14
grosfaignan

Default problem with SC2

hello,
i just downloaded shortcircuit2, after installing i paste wave files/folder in the sample folder of SC2, but they didnt appear in SC2 and i dont understand why ???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SC2.jpg (52.8 KB, 509 views)
grosfaignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #15
V'ger

You shouldnt put any files (or folders containing files there), just the shortcut to them. (right-click and drag, then choose 'Create Shortcuts here'.)

After that is done, you need to refresh the database as shown in the video above.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
bluzkat

Prolly cuz you're using Cubase!

Just kidding (couldn't resist).

Old 01-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #17
The Telenator
Banned

Yes, shortcircuit 1.12 is the best version. Runs heavy on the processing but never had an issue. Everybody always said stay away from 2. Issues, unstable.
The Telenator is offline   Reply With Quote