Old 11-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #81
flmason
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fester2000 View Post
There's no way you're referring to the Pod HD line - it doesn't sound like anything L6 has ever done before. Go give one a spin (and/or listen to the posted clips online) before making up your mind, trust me. You may like it, you may not, but you won't say "this sounds and feels like the X3 to me," of that you can be sure.

Cheers,

Fester2k
The interesting thing about this, assuming the HD sounds drastically better than the older stuff, is that the older stuff was never as good as they claimed, LOL!
flmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #82
flmason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieso View Post
As a former and current customer of Line6 my opinion, based on about 12 years of experience with quite a few of their products, is simply this: good software burdened by junk hardware and AD/DA that varies between mediocre to atrocious. If you're okay with throwing your money away on disposable goods then you'll probably be happy with it.

As a marketing and hype machine, Line6 may be unrivaled but as a manufacturer of McAmps (etc.) they do no better than their competitors (Digitech et al) at the low end of the market. If you're lucky whatever you buy from them will last a good while and, if you're unlucky, it will break shortly after the warranty period expires.

Is it going to sound and feel like a 'real' amp? We can fool ourselves into believing anything we want to believe. ;-) L6 has been making that claim since day one and they've never managed to pull it off, IMO.

YMMV
Interesting observation. They've claimed each generation of thier software "did it". Thing is, if any generation actually "did it", a new generation wouldn't be required...
flmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #83
BenoA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fester2000 View Post
Very cool!! Presumably, you could just do an octave and a third down and the audience will never know the difference.
Thanks for listening Fester!

I know I could fool the crowd but I would not be able to fool myself! But I've had a few of those freacks in the crowd coming to me after the show commenting on the fact that I was doing the harmonies but with one guitar... Oh my!
BenoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #84
fester2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenoA View Post
...But I've had a few of those freacks in the crowd coming to me after the show commenting on the fact that I was doing the harmonies but with one guitar... Oh my!
Just tell 'em it's the devil. They might well believe you!

Cheers,

Fester2k
fester2000 is offline   Reply With Quote