Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 08-25-2022, 12:52 PM   #81
Navelpluisje
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by imloggedin View Post
This doesn't make sense to me. If you click edit plugins and it shows you a list of plugins, how do you select one of them to edit?
With the solo button. But I found a small issue when you enter it with Shift+edit Plugin, which will be fixed in the next version.

Next version will be released tomorrow. Did some filnal testing this evening, and we're ready to go.

Also everything is updated in the documentation. Also added a part for the zone files and how to use the displays etc.

Before updating, please secure your effects zones.
Navelpluisje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:42 PM   #82
Navelpluisje

Default Version v1.0.0 Released: ReaSonus FaderPort Editor

Version v1.0.0 Released

Version v1.0.0 has been released. This is a new major version with a lot of changes. The biggest change is the addition of Reasonus FaderPort Control. This is a tool for managing how the functioon keys on your FaderPort work and for the FaderPort 8 & 16, it gives the ability to change the filter settings for your mix management. All of this from inside REAPER.

For all other changes check the post above

Download the latest ReaSonus version at ReaSonus Install
Check out the Documentation for all functionality.

Last edited by Navelpluisje; 08-25-2022 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:58 AM   #83
imloggedin

Thanks. Is there a list of button and fader names that can be used for editing plugin maps. Like Fader1? I am not even sure what names and buttons to use.
imloggedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 11:25 AM   #84
Navelpluisje

Quote:
Thanks. Is there a list of button and fader names that can be used for editing plugin maps. Like Fader1? I am not even sure what names and buttons to use.
Did you chack this part of the docs: Zone Example

This is what you can use for effects zone files. I have some ideas of generating Zone files, so it will also be easier to create multiple file effects.

Hope this will help you a bit further
Old 08-26-2022, 11:39 AM   #85
Navelpluisje

Default Bugfix for the FP16

New version v1.0.1 (Bugfix)

Just released a new version of the resource files used with the installer. The next 2 bugs are fixed for the FaderPort 16
  • Touch automation now works correct (fixed a failure in the surface file)
  • Added th coorect zone file for editing the mix management settings

Should you update?

Only if you have a FaderPort 16

How to update?

If you already downloaded the v1.0.0 installer, you can just open the installer again and go to Install in the navigation. It will download the latest version of the files to install.

You can check if the correct files are installed to go in the installer to the About page, the Reasonus Resources should have v1.0.1

Thanx to jlabs1 (Github username) for reporting
Old 08-26-2022, 12:46 PM   #86
Navelpluisje

Default Updated the documentation

Updated the documentation. There are a lot of grammar errors and typos fixed.

Thanx to rmaier for taking the time for checking the documentation.

Documentation can be found here

Last edited by Navelpluisje; 08-26-2022 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2022, 12:01 PM   #87
imloggedin

Thanks. I totally missed that part of the documentation. Do you know what controls are usable in edit plugin mode? Is it just fader and selects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navelpluisje View Post
Did you chack this part of the docs: Zone Example

This is what you can use for effects zone files. I have some ideas of generating Zone files, so it will also be easier to create multiple file effects.

Hope this will help you a bit further
Old 08-27-2022, 01:07 PM   #88
ronmac

Although I followed the simple install routine, I can not get my computers (Win10 PC and M1 MacMini) to respond to FP8.

Confirmed the following:

FP8 is in Studio One mode
Reaper active
Install Reasonus as per instructions
Restart Reaper
FP8 sits idle (Waiting for host)

To confirm FP8 is functioning OK:
Close Reaper
Open Studio One
Load Song
FP8 functions normally

What am I missing?
ronmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 05:48 PM   #89
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
Although I followed the simple install routine, I can not get my computers (Win10 PC and M1 MacMini) to respond to FP8.

Confirmed the following:

FP8 is in Studio One mode
Reaper active
Install Reasonus as per instructions
Restart Reaper
FP8 sits idle (Waiting for host)

To confirm FP8 is functioning OK:
Close Reaper
Open Studio One
Load Song
FP8 functions normally

What am I missing?
In Reaper's Preferences -> Audio -> MIDI Devices...are the FaderPort's MIDI ports DISABLED? Disabled is what you want. It's a little counter-intuitive, but CSI, which this runs on, requires access to the MIDI Ports so if Reaper is using them, this will not work. If they are disabled...

Go to Preferences -> Control/OSC/web and make sure Control Surface Integrator appears in the list. If yes, click Edit and make sure the device is there, has the correct port assignments, etc.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 04:48 AM   #90
ronmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
In Reaper's Preferences -> Audio -> MIDI Devices...are the FaderPort's MIDI ports DISABLED? Disabled is what you want. It's a little counter-intuitive, but CSI, which this runs on, requires access to the MIDI Ports so if Reaper is using them, this will not work. If they are disabled...

Go to Preferences -> Control/OSC/web and make sure Control Surface Integrator appears in the list. If yes, click Edit and make sure the device is there, has the correct port assignments, etc.
Thanks Funkybot. Disabling FP8 in Audio Midi Devices cured my issue.
Old 08-28-2022, 10:49 AM   #91
Navelpluisje

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
Thanks Funkybot. Disabling FP8 in Audio Midi Devices cured my issue.
Great to hear. I also added this to the documentation.
Old 08-29-2022, 04:53 AM   #92
ronmac

Quote:
Great to hear. I also added this to the documentation.
A huge thank you Navelpluisje for your work on this! I am digging through the menus and structure to get best benefit for my workflow.
Old 08-29-2022, 08:18 AM   #93
Navelpluisje

Quote:
Thanks. I totally missed that part of the documentation. Do you know what controls are usable in edit plugin mode? Is it just fader and selects?
You can use any button etc from the controller, but for usablilty reason (this is an opinion), I would suggest keep it to those. Also because you're able to add info on the displays for these controls.
If a plugin has a lot of parameters to control, you can create subzones for the plugin. This gives you the ability to add axtra pages which you can open.
Funkybot wrote a great piece of documentation on this subject: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...rument-Mapping

Hope this will help you out
Old 08-30-2022, 08:29 AM   #94
Navelpluisje

Beside moving to CSI 2, I'm currently also working on an idea for creating and editing plugin mappings. Because this is a FaderPort only and the number of widgets used are limited, the UI can be pretty clean and simple.

Before this screen there will be just a plain window with an edit/create button. Clicking this button it will:
  1. Check if the mapping already exists for the selected plugin
  2. If so: fill in all the blanks and show the mapping
  3. If not: Create an empty create screen as above

Next functionality should be in the ui:
  • Both Select and Fader have 2 lines in the display. 1 with the name and 1 with the value. (not editable for consistency)
  • In the left list there's the list of widgets (Select/Fader).
  • The right list has a list of parameters (name and type).
  • You can drag and drop them from right to left to assign a parameter to a widget
  • You can drag and drop the from left to right to remove the parameter from the widget.
  • You can drag and drop them between widgets
  • The edit button/icon opens a dialog with settings like: Name, step sizes etc.
  • Plugin name can be edited
  • The add page button will add a new page (when a page is empty on saving, it wil be ignored)
  • Next end prev buttons for scrolling between the pages
The files will be saved in it's own FX folder.
Old 08-30-2022, 09:46 AM   #95
Funkybot

Navelpluisje, have you been monitoring the discussion in the main CSI thread about "EZFXZones"? They may help make it easier to create FX mappings for the Faderport8/16, but, there's nothing that should prevent whatever you're working on now from continuing to work in the future. Note: I say "may make it easier" because I'm not sure if they'll support the WidgetMode feature for the displays, so you may already be down the best path. Maybe a question for Geoff.
Old 08-30-2022, 09:58 AM   #96
Navelpluisje

Quote:
Navelpluisje, have you been monitoring the discussion in the main CSI thread about "EZFXZones"? They may help make it easier to create FX mappings for the Faderport8/16, but, there's nothing that should prevent whatever you're working on now from continuing to work in the future. Note: I say "may make it easier" because I'm not sure if they'll support the WidgetMode feature for the displays, so you may already be down the best path. Maybe a question for Geoff.
I'm aware of that. But that's about auto mapping (if I don't mistake), which probably will do it for a lot of the plugins. Mappings for plugins you use more often are 9 out of 10 times nicer to create by yourself to create your own optimal workflow.
They will live next to each other in a great way. I see the mapping more as an extra for creating your own optimal workflow.

This is now for the faderport, but once finished, should be portable to a more generic version for mcu devices.
Old 08-30-2022, 11:24 AM   #97
Funkybot

I think that's a misconception - EZFXZones are not solely for auto-mapping. It's an entirely new, alternative syntax for FX Zones that does it in fewer lines that will ALSO allow for auto-mapping. But users will have full control of what gets mapped where using EXFXZones if desired.

The only thing I'm not sure it will allow for is dynamic widget modes so if you wanted to change the Meter type on a particular parameter or something like that.
Old 08-30-2022, 11:43 AM   #98
Navelpluisje

Quote:
I think that's a misconception - EZFXZones are not solely for auto-mapping. It's an entirely new, alternative syntax for FX Zones that does it in fewer lines that will ALSO allow for auto-mapping. But users will have full control of what gets mapped where using EXFXZones if desired.

The only thing I'm not sure it will allow for is dynamic widget modes so if you wanted to change the Meter type on a particular parameter or something like that.
I know, but you still have to create them 'by hand'. My goal for ReaSonus is to not have to edit files in an editor. Although I know a lot of REAPER users do not mind editing files in an editor (that's probably also a reason for me why I like this DAW so much), I also want to make it easy for those who get the shivers from editors and syntaxes other the their own language.

Those who want to do it by hand are still free and able to do so. And I'm also not sure if we can deal with WidgetModes in the new syntax.

And tbh I just like to figure out how to do those GUI things like drag and drop, etc.
Old 08-30-2022, 11:50 AM   #99
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I know, but you still have to create them 'by hand'. My goal for ReaSonus is to not have to edit files in an editor. Although I know a lot of REAPER users do not mind editing files in an editor (that's probably also a reason for me why I like this DAW so much), I also want to make it easy for those who get the shivers from editors and syntaxes other the their own language.

Those who want to do it by hand are still free and able to do so. And I'm also not sure if we can deal with WidgetModes in the new syntax.

And tbh I just like to figure out how to do those GUI things like drag and drop, etc.
I think the new format will be much more amenable to editors in general, including GUI editors

As far as Widget modes, of course they are handled, much more cleanly IMHO , check this out, no need anymore for a WidgetMode Action:

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=19294
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 12:26 PM   #100
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
I think the new format will be much more amenable to editors in general, including GUI editors

As far as Widget modes, of course they are handled, much more cleanly IMHO , check this out, no need anymore for a WidgetMode Action:

Ah, I missed that bit about the WidgetModes there. Nice!
Old 08-30-2022, 12:26 PM   #101
Navelpluisje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post

That looks great indeed. Will first build the ui and functionality. Last step will be writing and reading the data to and from the files.
Old 08-31-2022, 03:24 PM   #102
Juljan

Such a great thing.
Is it possible to use the MIDI Mode, too?
Juljan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 03:17 AM   #103
Navelpluisje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juljan View Post
Such a great thing.
Is it possible to use the MIDI Mode, too?
Thanx.

I think it is, never use Midi Mode. You can toggle it by pressing both Shift buttons (is default FaderPort behaviour). You maybe will need to check the midi device settings in the preferences.
Old 09-13-2022, 03:04 PM   #104
Juljan

MIDIMode works.

But: I couldn't get "Edit Plugins" to work. Just seeing "Effects" and "No Map" on first display as well as the track's name on second display. When I select a different track with FaderPort, only the track name changes.
Old 09-13-2022, 10:20 PM   #105
Navelpluisje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juljan View Post
MIDIMode works.

But: I couldn't get "Edit Plugins" to work. Just seeing "Effects" and "No Map" on first display as well as the track's name on second display. When I select a different track with FaderPort, only the track name changes.
There are no fx zone files added to the project (yet). Beside moving everthing to CSI v2, I also work on a visual editor for fx-zones. See this post: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=94

Current status on that:
  • Drag and drop working
  • Adding and navigating pages (subzones) is working.
  • TODO: (re)moving param from widget
  • TODO: saving and opening the files
  • TODO: Edit settings as the param name, valuebar type and nb of steps
  • TODO: fixing resize glitches

If you prefer to create your own, place your own files files in a folder, so it will not be overwritten by the installer on an update

Here is a start:
Code:
Zone "VST3: Tape MELLO-FI (Arturia)" "Tape MELLO-FI"
  SelectedTrackNavigator

// Extra Select info:
// The string [ 0.0 1.0 ] sets the steps for the parameter. This can also be more steps. 
// In that case you will step through the values like [ 0.0 0.25 0.5 0.75 1.0 ] for a 5-step parameter
//
// { 20 20 20 255 255 255 } is the color for the select button. In this case white.
// For the comming editor I use the next 2 colors:
//       { 20 20 20 255 255 255 } (white): For buttons with only on/off (toggle value)
//       { 20 20 0 20 20 0 } (yellow): For buttons with multiple step values
// This way you can instantly see what a select button does.
//
// You can also create multiple pages for an effect using subzones.
// In that case you can use the Prev and Next buttons 
//
// More on step values:  https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/CSIWiki/wiki/Stepped-Parameters-and-Toggles
// More on Sub-Zones: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/CSIWiki/wiki/Zones#subzones

// Navigation if you have SubZones
// SubZones
//     "VST3: Tape MELLO-FI (Arturia)-1"
//     "VST3: Tape MELLO-FI (Arturia)-2"
// SubZonesEnd
// Prev                 GoSubZone "VST3: Tape MELLO-FI (Arturia)-2"
//                      Next GoSubZone "VST3: Tape MELLO-FI (Arturia)-1"

Select1             FXParam 0 "On/Off" [ 0.0 1.0 ] { 20 20 20 255 255 255 }
  ScribbleLine1_1     FXParamNameDisplay 0 "On/Off"
  ScribbleLine2_1     FXParamValueDisplay 0

Fader1              FXParam 1 "Drive"
  ScribbleLine3_1     FXParamNameDisplay 1 "Drive"
  ScribbleLine4_1     FXParamValueDisplay 1

Select2             FXParam 2 "Boost" [ 0.0 1.0 ] { 20 20 20 255 255 255 }
  ScribbleLine1_2     FXParamNameDisplay 2 "Boost"
  ScribbleLine2_2     FXParamValueDisplay 2

Fader2              FXParam 3 "Tone"
  ScribbleLine3_2     FXParamNameDisplay 3 "Tone"
  ScribbleLine4_2     FXParamValueDisplay 3

// Continue with othe rparams. If you're not using a widget set it to NoAction:
// Fader2              NoAction
// ScribbleLine3_2     NoAction
// ScribbleLine4_2     NoAction
ZoneEnd
Old 09-20-2022, 01:06 PM   #106
Juljan

Ups, I thought that I read the manual carefully. Thanks again.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:49 PM   #107
imloggedin

This still doesn't work well for me. It does not show all of the sends on many of the channels in the project I have going. It also keeps unhiding the tracks I hide, every time that I close and open the project.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:51 PM   #108
imloggedin

It appears that it just doesn't show any hardware sends when I flip to send mode. Track sends work fine.
Old 09-26-2022, 10:56 AM   #109
Navelpluisje

Quote:
This still doesn't work well for me. It does not show all of the sends on many of the channels in the project I have going. It also keeps unhiding the tracks I hide, every time that I close and open the project.
When the controller gets iniitialised it is running a script that resets everything. This is to be sure all the leds etc, show the correct status. There is (currently) no way to store this state in CSI.
Old 09-26-2022, 10:57 AM   #110
Navelpluisje

Quote:
It appears that it just doesn't show any hardware sends when I flip to send mode. Track sends work fine.
Will check if it is possible to add the hardware sends as well. But will then be part of version 2.
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM   #111
Navelpluisje

Default New version ReaSonus FaderPort 1.0.1

A small bugfix has been released for the installer.

Fixed
This version fixed a small issue where no midi devices were displayed when installing.

Notice
There is no need to use this if you're already on version 1.0.0.
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM   #112
imloggedin

Quote:
Will check if it is possible to add the hardware sends as well. But will then be part of version 2.
I moved all of my hardware sends to tracks so I could use them from the controller. The faders do allow me to move all of the sends but the scribble strip only displays 2 sends and they are the incorrect sends for the fader underneath the strip. Really strange behavior.