Old 04-03-2020, 09:21 AM   #1
Landon7
Human being with feelings

Default Won't record

Bought some new Waves, Files. Diamond, and everything works. Vst's etc.
Songs all play. Can use effects, do everything, except record a track. I can run a track, play with it, everything is audible, Arm the track, it shows up armed, play with it, hear everything but, meters don't react, and Reaper won't record it. I only noticed it last night, when I went to record something. I have done the restart, replug. turn everything off, turn everything on.
(being 4-2-2020) Need help on this one, Thanks
Landon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:05 PM   #2
vdubreeze

Any chance you used the system in and outs previously and didn't switch back to your interface? If that happens you might hear input but it's not going in and being routed from what you're expecting. Check that your device is selected in prefs. Otherwise, take a look at the input on the track you're recording on, and triple check that the interface is getting signal to and from where you expect.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:01 PM   #3
Landon7

Default Won't record

Thanks, I have been checking everything. I think I have to disconnect everything, go to basic system, and see what that does. And work my way back up.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:08 PM   #4
solger

Maybe also double-check the mic privacy settings (which might be blocking audio input into Reaper in general), just in case: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209175
Old 04-03-2020, 03:07 PM   #5
Landon7

Okay, I took away all hard drives down to basic system, It still didn't work, So I installed Garageband, and it still didn't work so you are both right, It was in the system preferences, I had locked out all mics and now have them back up and working. It is having too much time on my hands at this time. Thank you both.
And stay healthy. I'm in NYC and this plague will be coming to a town near you. so listen to experts, not the oval office. It is some serious shit.
and wash your hands often.
Peace,
Landon