Old 09-11-2017, 03:29 PM   #1
SoundGuyChris
Human being with feelings

Default Filter Out Duplicate Plugins?

I'm absolutely sure there's a way to do this. A lot of plugins come in various format flavors, notably VST x86, x64, and VST3.

I'd like only display one of them - ideally defaulting to VST3 if it exists, falling back to x64, and then only if necessary showing the x86 version.

Anyone know what to do? My google fu seems to have failed.
SoundGuyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:48 PM   #2
drichard

This is not the solution you're looking for, since it is not automatic. But I manually moved my x86 plugins from their folder to another location, keeping only the plugins that exist only in 32-bit format. It took less time than I guessed, and it saved me using the wrong version of a plugin far too often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundGuyChris View Post
I'm absolutely sure there's a way to do this. A lot of plugins come in various format flavors, notably VST x86, x64, and VST3.

I'd like only display one of them - ideally defaulting to VST3 if it exists, falling back to x64, and then only if necessary showing the x86 version.

drichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:50 PM   #3
cassembler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundGuyChris View Post

Like drichard mentioned, manual management is really the only option. You can use a smart folder and type "NOT x86," and then just move those plugs to other folders as desired. I do this and key off vendors, plucking out the x86 as I go.

But I'd vote for such a feature... "Plug In: Only Show Highest Processing Quality" or some such.