Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 04-29-2020, 02:12 PM   #81
Vagelis
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
For some reason, ReaPack hasn't correctly displayed the changelog of this month's updates to the Multi Tool, so I'm posting the most relevant ones here:
+ Customization: Zone size can be set via right-click context menu (useful for hi-res displays).
+ New mode: Move without stretching (toggle with right-click while stretching).
+ New mode: 2-sided warp (toggle with right-click while warping).
+ All editable takes can be edited together (if editability follows item selection).
+ Works in inline editor (and automatically installs in inline editor section).
Awesome!!! Thank you very much for the updates Julian
Vagelis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 01:47 AM   #82
DANIELE

Quote:
Are you sure there are selected events in the lane under the mouse?

Yeah I selected many combination of events, a little part a bigger part, all of them etc...

Now I left the mouse modifier method and I'm using the arm one, for some reason now it works pretty well for the Arch and Tilt and the Multi Tool.

For the slice one I'm using the "older" one by left click arming it in the toolbar and the using a keyboard shortcut for the "Run ...." script.

Quote:
I think this is an artefact of REAPER's mouse modifiers, which are known to passthrough clicks to some hard-coded default behavior. The edit cursor also moves if you left-click after arming an Action by right-clicking on the toolbar button, no matter what the armed Action is. This is surely a bug (since left-clicking should *only* perform the armed Action, and nothing else) and I have reported it long ago.

I prefer using keyboard (or mousewheel) shortcuts. Keyboard shortcuts such as "Alt+S" are easier to remember than mouse modifier combinations.
Ah ok, yeah I noticed a while ago in other circumstances (double click in CC lanes to deselect all the events) but they fixed it some version ago. They did not fix this apparently.

Quote:
Are you using REAPER's native right-click arming, or the scripts' custom left-click arming?

Already answered above.

Thanks for your support, I'll notify you if I find bugs.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:39 AM   #83
daniellumertz

wowww thanks for this update!! working 100% I loved the ability to edit multiple takes!! so awesome
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:31 AM   #84
_Stevie_

Found a bug:

Project:
https://nextcloud.stephanroemer.net/...KzA5FKX6JPwZs9
Old 05-07-2020, 09:18 AM   #85
juliansader

Thanks for the report! Fixed in v5.50.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:17 PM   #86
_Stevie_

Awesome, thanks for the quick fix!
What was the culprit?
Old 05-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #87
juliansader

When calculating a take's PPQ, the script did not take stretched takes with playrates other than 1 into account. For these takes, the number of ticks per *project* quarter note is different from the number of ticks per *source* QN.

When calculating the number of ticks in the source (used to check for inadvertent shifts in position, as reported in your screenshot), the script should use source PPQ.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:48 PM   #88
_Stevie_

Ahh awesome, thanks for pointing that out. I completely forgot that the item was stretched.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:24 AM   #89
JoostJanssensDS

Hi there Julian. I've been working with your scripts for a while. Today, however, I ran into the following error message:

''The script has detected inadvertent shifts in the PPQ positions of unedited events.

This may be due to a bug in the script, or in the MIDI API functions.''

It then restores the midi data again.

Do you have any idea what may cause this?

This message was thrown by the Multi-Tool script, by the way.
JoostJanssensDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 03:29 AM   #90
_Stevie_

Create a GIF and upload the project so Julian can repro.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:39 AM   #91
JoostJanssensDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Create a GIF and upload the project so Julian can repro.
I can't seem to reproduce it right now. I will when I detect it again.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:58 AM   #92
juliansader

Could you please also check which version of the script you are using? A few posts above, Stevie reported the same error message, and it was caused by the item being stretched, but the bug was fixed (hopefully) in the most recent version of the script.

(If you upload a project file, it doesn't need to contain any confidential info -- it only needs the problematic item and enough MIDI events to replicate the problem.)

Last edited by juliansader; 05-15-2020 at 04:13 AM.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:27 AM   #93
_Stevie_

Julian, speaking of playrate: if you got a minute, can you check my pm concerning the „commit playrate“ script?
Notes work, but CCs still don’t.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:00 AM   #94
JoostJanssensDS

Quote:
Could you please also check which version of the script you are using? A few posts above, Stevie reported the same error message, and it was caused by the item being stretched, but the bug was fixed (hopefully) in the most recent version of the script.

(If you upload a project file, it doesn't need to contain any confidential info -- it only needs the problematic item and enough MIDI events to replicate the problem.)
Thank you for responding Julian. I will check when I'm home again, and I'll upload a project. As far as I'm aware there was no stretching going on. I simply recorded a couple bars to then test out your script. I don't always get it, but I will further narrow down when it happens. I can remember I recorded a pass with and without input quantize. I did not edit the midi afterwards. I did a pass without quantize, then with, then with quantize but only on notes within the 20-100% catch range. I suspect it might have something to do with that.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:59 PM   #95
daniellumertz

any chance of an version of multi tool to the arrange view / envelopes??? is there already any scripts like that ?

EDIT: Today using multi tool found this bug (?)

( The notes was not playing after that )

But it is easy to resolve ( just another click in the midi editor )

Dont know if it is already a common issue...

Last edited by daniellumertz; 05-16-2020 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:47 PM   #96
AJYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellumertz View Post
any chance of an version of multi tool to the arrange view / envelopes??? is there already any scripts like that ?
I think there were tentative plans for Julian to work with Sexan to add these kind of functions to the Area 51 Script:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=219705

I definitely know that kind of stuff is planned, but it may be some time. There's previews of it, but it's not actually stable in the script yet.

Go follow that thread for updates.
AJYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:27 PM   #97
daniellumertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJYoung View Post
I think there were tentative plans for Julian to work with Sexan to add these kind of functions to the Area 51 Script:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=219705

I definitely know that kind of stuff is planned, but it may be some time. There's previews of it, but it's not actually stable in the script yet.

Go follow that thread for updates.
I have seen Area 51 this week, it will be very a good script when is done! I downloaded the version sexan putted in reapack, that as I have read is an early version with few things.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:33 AM   #98
reapero

Updated to 6.11 and i get:

When hitting Escape to go back to the midi editor
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:18 AM   #99
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapero View Post
Updated to 6.11 and i get:

When hitting Escape to go back to the midi editor
Could you please upload a minimal project so that I can try to replicate the bug? (If you upload a project file, it doesn't need to contain any confidential info -- it only needs the problematic item and enough MIDI events to replicate the problem.)

Also check which version of the script you are using -- a few posts above, Stevie reported the same error message, and it was caused by the item being stretched, but the bug was fixed (hopefully) in the most recent version of the script.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:05 AM   #100
reapero

I was on 5.50 and the item was streched so that must be it. Wierd thing is i tried again on a stretched simple item to send you the project but it worked well.

Anyway, i am on 5.51 now. If it happens again i´ll let you know.

Thanks so much!
Old 05-26-2020, 09:36 PM   #101
daniellumertz

So, a funny way to apply the Multi tool to envelopes is using a midiitem and
SWS/BR: Convert selected envelope's curve in time selection to CC events in last clicked CC lane (clear existing events)
To enve -> CC
And
SWS/BR: Convert selected CC events in active item to linear envelope points in selected envelope (clear existing envelope points)

Old 05-30-2020, 04:30 PM   #102
juliansader

Quote:
Quote:
So, a funny way to apply the Multi tool to envelopes is using a midiitem and
SWS/BR: Convert selected envelope's curve in time selection to CC events in last clicked CC lane (clear existing events)
To enve -> CC
And
SWS/BR: Convert selected CC events in active item to linear envelope points in selected envelope (clear existing envelope points)
Cool trick! I'm always chuffed when people ask if my MIDI scripts are available for track envelopes, since it means that my scripts are helpful. Long ago, when I starting coding my MIDI editing scripts, it was the other way around: users always complained that MIDI editing was not as easy as track automation editing!

In fact, the LFO Tool (envelope version) originally performed your trick in reverse: it used the SWS actions to apply track envelope edits to the MIDI editor.

Did you manage to run the second action directly from the inline editor, or is a MIDI editor open offscreen?
Old 05-30-2020, 04:34 PM   #103
juliansader

Quote:
EDIT: Today using multi tool found this bug (?)

( The notes was not playing after that )

Dont know if it is already a common issue...
Sorry for not replying sooner -- I didn't notice the edit. I think I know what is going on, and it shouldn't be difficult to fix. Were there CCs underneath the notes that you stretched?
Old 05-30-2020, 07:03 PM   #104
Joe90

Quote:
Cool trick! I'm always chuffed when people ask if my MIDI scripts are available for track envelopes, since it means that my scripts are helpful.
They're not just helpful, the lfotool and multitool functions (especially the deeper functions like right clicking to invert) are more comprehensive than any other envelope editing tool I've seen in any DAW. If we had multi tool available for track envelopes, especially if it were integrated with the new feature causing waves in the latest dev versions (you know the one I mean), then it would lift Reaper's envelope editing from 'clunky but powerful' to absolutely best in class IMO... I'm gonna keep dreaming

I agree that is a cool trick Daniel, thanks for sharing!
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 02:26 AM   #105
Vagelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
They're not just helpful, the lfotool and multitool functions (especially the deeper functions like right clicking to invert) are more comprehensive than any other envelope editing tool I've seen in any DAW. If we had multi tool available for track envelopes, especially if it were integrated with the new feature causing waves in the latest dev versions (you know the one I mean), then it would lift Reaper's envelope editing from 'clunky but powerful' to absolutely best in class IMO... I'm gonna keep dreaming

I agree that is a cool trick Daniel, thanks for sharing!
Agreed and i would add that it would be great if we could use multitool for envelope takes as well

And Daniel thanks, that's a cool trick!
Vagelis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:20 PM   #106
daniellumertz

Hi people thx for the replies !

Quote:
Did you manage to run the second action directly from the inline editor, or is a MIDI editor open offscreen?
Hi Julian!I have an MIDI editor off screen unfortunately the SWS action's are just when the MIDI are focused :/

Quote:
In fact, the LFO Tool (envelope version) originally performed your trick in reverse: it used the SWS actions to apply track envelope edits to the MIDI editor.
Cool, didn't know that! I was wondering if possible to create a script to help to use this trick, I might try later(I learned the basics watching X-Rayms videos haha), one to create an midi Item put it in inline mode and copy the selected envelope. If it end up being successful I post here. Also I noticed that the second action ( CC-> Envelopes ) copy just the select points but erase all the envelope ( even points that are not in between the selected ones ) so using this actions better to copy all envelope first then do the modification, then paste everything.

Quote:
Were there CCs underneath the notes that you stretched?
So, I don't think so. I made And test right know in a blank project without CC under the notes and the bug persist everywhere there is notes time overlapping others ( not necessary the same MIDI note )
Old 06-03-2020, 12:49 AM   #107
reapero

Hi!

Unfortunately i get the same error in 6.11

This time with no stretched midi item and Multitool version = 5.51
Old 06-03-2020, 01:02 AM   #108
juliansader

Could you please upload a minimal project so that I can try to replicate the bug? (If you upload a project file, it doesn't need to contain any confidential info -- it only needs the problematic item and enough MIDI events to replicate the problem.)
Old 06-03-2020, 09:25 AM   #109
reapero

I cant reproduce it on a minimal project. Anyway, i had to move on. Doesnt happen on an empty project with 1 instance of Kontakt, for example.

Anyway, if i can replicate it again i´ll post it here.

Thanks Julian!
Old 06-09-2020, 08:50 AM   #110
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbfort View Post
I'm experiencing some strange behavior with "js_Mouse editing - Stretch and Compress" lately. Was working perfectly on High Sierra but I recently updated to Mojave and now the midi editor turns black (from ruler to bottom of CC lanes) when I use the script. The blue line and green line are the only things that show up.
This is a known bug in REAPER that has already been fixed in the pre-releases. It only happens when Apple's new Metal graphics is enabled, so to work around it temporarily, go to REAPER's Preferences -> General -> Advanced UI/system tweaks and disable Metal.

(BTW, the Stretch/Compress, Warp, Arch/Tilt scripts have all been combined into the new, much fancier Multi Tool script, so I will soon delete or deprecate the older scripts.)
Old 06-09-2020, 08:56 AM   #111
Crumbfort

Oh awesome, thanks so much!

Really looking forward to trying out the new Multi Tool script!
Crumbfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:38 PM   #112
daniellumertz

woah didn't know it was possible to use multitools in inline mode!!!

Made this scripts to use more easily the trick I described some posts back, ( to apply multitool to a envelope )

I'm new in this thing of scripts so possible this may need some future fixes.

1) execute this action to create a MIDI and to convert the envelopes points in time selection to midi (need to have an envelope and a track selected)
Code:
function CreateMIDIandSelect()

time_sel_start, time_sel_end = reaper.GetSet_LoopTimeRange2( 0, false, false, 0, 0, false ) --get info about time sel
      if time_sel_start ~= time_sel_end then --if there is time sel do

-- select envelope under mouse?

--envunder = reaper.NamedCommandLookup("_BR_SEL_ENV_MOUSE")
      --reaper.Main_OnCommandEx(envunder, 0 , 0)

sel_track = reaper.GetSelectedTrack( 0, 0 ) -- get selected track
      new_item = reaper.CreateNewMIDIItemInProj( sel_track, time_sel_start, time_sel_end, false ) -- create a MIDI item
      reaper.Main_OnCommandEx(40289, 0 , 0)
      reaper.SetMediaItemSelected(new_item,true)
      reaper.Main_OnCommandEx(40847, 0 , 0)-- inline editor
      reaper.Main_OnCommandEx(40109, 0 , 0) -- MIDI editor
      reaper.UpdateArrange()

----Env to cc
      local midi_editor = reaper.MIDIEditor_GetActive()
      local command_id = reaper.NamedCommandLookup("_BR_ME_ENV_CURVE_TO_CC_CLEAR")
      reaper.MIDIEditor_OnCommand(midi_editor, command_id)
      --

end 
end

reaper.Undo_BeginBlock()
CreateMIDIandSelect()
reaper.Undo_EndBlock("Script: Envelopes to CC", -1)
2) Use multitool or whatever modifications you want to do in the CC envelope.

3) Execute this action to convert the cc envelope back to Envelope ( execute this action with focus on the main section, also be sure to have an envelope selected)

Code:
function CCtoEnvelopes()

-- select envelope under mouse?

reaper.Main_OnCommand( 40089, 0 )
    --reaper.Main_OnCommandEx(40109, 0 , 0) -- MIDI editor   -- it doesnt seems to need
    local midi_editor = reaper.MIDIEditor_GetActive()
    local command_id = reaper.NamedCommandLookup("_BR_ME_CC_TO_ENV_LINEAR")
    reaper.MIDIEditor_OnCommand(midi_editor, command_id)
end

reaper.Undo_BeginBlock()
CCtoEnvelopes()
reaper.Undo_EndBlock("Script: CC to Envelope", -1)
PS: If you select a big amount of time the first action can take a while, dont recommend....
Edit: If u want to the script select the envelope under mouse to make it easier just remove the "-- " in the two lines after -- select envelope under mouse? Needs the SWS beta.
Code:

Last edited by daniellumertz; 06-17-2020 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:04 AM   #113
reapero

Great! So...how long until this becomes native, like AS?
Old 06-22-2020, 02:55 AM   #114
mozart999uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapero View Post
Great! So...how long until this becomes native, like AS?
This would be ideal for me. :-) Having to run a script it time is an extra step.

Still very impressive work though!
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 03:54 AM   #115
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
This would be ideal for me. :-) Having to run a script it time is an extra step.

Still very impressive work though!
I wouldn't expect that anytime, soon. Plus, having it implemented natively wouldn't necessarily mean an extra step isn't needed anymore.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:14 AM   #116
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
What is the extra step? Perhaps I can remove or improve it.

A major advantage of scripts is that bugs can easily be fixed and features can easily be customized, whereas in native actions, you are dependent on the devs.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:22 AM   #117
mozart999uk

Quote:
What is the extra step? Perhaps I can remove or improve it.

A major advantage of scripts is that bugs can easily be fixed and features can easily be customized, whereas in native actions, you are dependent on the devs.
Hi Julian. So in Cubase, you just highlight a selection of notes and then the handles to modify slope / compression etc automatically appear. You don't have to start a script running or anything like that.....
Old 06-22-2020, 07:34 AM   #118
juliansader

If these editing functions are ever added natively, it will most likely be as mouse modifier functions -- in which case they will require at least one keystroke, similar to the scripts.

Making handles appear automatically is actually straightforward to script: a Multi-tool-like script simply needs to run in the background. Unfortunately, however, there is one snag: Figuring out the layout of the MIDI editor is a lengthy task that requires loading and parsing the entire "state chunk" of the MIDI editor's active take. This cannot feasibly be done in each defer cycle if the take contains a large number of MIDI events.

In order to implement your wish, this FR has to be implemented first: ReaScript API: Get MIDI editor on-screen layout via MIDIEditor_GetSetting_Int().
Old 06-22-2020, 07:54 AM   #119
mozart999uk

Thanks for explaining. :-) Sound like it's going to be a bit of a challenge

Still I'll add my voice to the FR. :-)
Old 06-22-2020, 08:00 AM   #120
_Stevie_

There's one method I could think of how this could work:

monitoring the undo history for the term "selected" and then automatically trigger the multi tool.