Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 12-01-2007, 05:32 AM   #1
fgex
Human being with feelings

Default Audio Input list problem (Realtek AC97)

Hello,

I have just installed Reaper 2.012 version and tried to follow the user guide but am stuck on this problem: I don't see the soundcard inputs in Reaper.
Details:
- My soundcard is a Realtek AC97.
- I have installed Asio4ALL
- Audio device settings in Preferences:
Audio sytem: ASIO
Asio driver: ASIO4ALL v2
Enable inputs: checked
first: 1:Realtek AC97 Audio 1
last : 2:Realtek AC97 Audio 2

The only 2 choices that are proposed to me in the 'first' and 'last' fields above are 'Realtek AC97 Audio 1' and 'Realtek AC97 Audio 2'.

I then opened 2 tracks, that I armed.
By right clicking on the VU meter, I selected 'Realtek AC97 Audio 1' for one and 'Realtek AC97 Audio 2' for the second.

Both tracks react at the same time at the microphone that is pluged in the soundcard.

Why don't I see my 2 'Line in' soundcard audio inputs in the Settings, then on the tracks?
In Audacity, for instance, I can select 'Microphone', 'Line in', or 'Line in 2 /Aux'.

Thanks in advance for any help.
fgex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
Electric Blue

Default Realtek AC97

I had the same issue. After several hours of frustration, I went to my local music store and purchased an E-mu 0404 pci card, disabled the on board sound card, installed the E-mu card and loaded the factory disc which has it's own ASIO driver, and wahla...Reaper saw it all. To my surprise I had 2 left ins and 2 right ins even though the card has only 1 of each.
End result was I was up and running inside of 20 minutes. I interfaced a Behringer Xenyx 802 mixer For my external audio and and an E-mu Xboard 61 USB, everything works great.
Myself, I'm still befundled by the duplicate inputs.
I have found that in this forum there has been nothing but positive input from some really great users, and I hope 1 of them will be able to give us a helping hand.
Electric Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:52 AM   #3
bokey

Bummer.I've got a small frame PC that I was going to dedicate to Reaper.I had an Audigy2 in there and it worked fine with Reaper 1.88

Now I'm trying to use the onboard AC97 with the current Reaper and it's not happening.Is this something new that broke in the recent release or has AC97 always been buggy?
bokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:17 AM   #4
Electric Blue

Bokey,

Did you check your Bios to see if you disabled the on board audio there? Possibly it could also be disabled under your systems hardware settings also.
Electric Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #5
bokey

Default Looks like it's not an audigy problem

I just popped the Audigy back in and enabled it in device manager and I'm still not getting any response in reaper.I can stream audio though, so it's something simple I haven't figured out yet.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
bokey

Crap.An old copy of Cooledit works just fine.I should have waited to send the $50 in LOL.

edit- I'm getting an "audio device closed" message in reaper-off to search.

Last edited by bokey; 12-02-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:27 AM   #7
JohnB47

Default Mind if I butt in?

I hope you don't mind my butting in but could I ask Electric Blue a question about the Behringer Xenyx 802?

You may not be doing this but I understand that it is possible to connect a tape deck/CD player directly to the 802. If you do that, is it possible to modify the level of signal coming from the deck? In my case the output from the deck is quite high, so I was thinking of buying something like a Behringer Xenyx 802 to give me the option to attenuate the signal before it gets to Reaper. The mixing capabilities of the box would be something I would use later.

Can you see a way of doing that?

Thanks.
JohnB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:52 AM   #8
bokey

Have at it, my issue is resolved.I knew it was just a matter of tweaking some stuff.Lot of changes from the last version I used, 1.88 I think.

BTW-I'm not familiar with the model you mentioned but I've got a Behringer Eurorack 802.It's got RCA jacks for tape in, tape out and it's also got the 1/4" main outs.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:36 AM   #9
JohnB47

Well I guess Electric Blue isn't looking at this thread anymore. Fair enough, I'll post this question seperately.

Cheers.
JohnB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:28 PM   #10
fgex

Thanks to you all who gave me directions to dig into.
fgex is offline   Reply With Quote