Old 05-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
cspenger
Human being with feelings

Default Waves 5.9.7 working for anyone?

Hi,

I am one of the fearless users trying to setup an audio workstation under Vista 32. My current favorite is Reaper together with the Waves Renaissance Maxx Bundle. I downloaded the Waves demo (5.9.7 seems to be required for Vista) and went through the awkward iLok authorization process. Unfortunately every single Waves plugin crashes Reaper immediately. I read in the forum that one should avoid the VSTs and use the DX plugins instead, but unfortunately Waves does not provide DX versions anymore since version 5.9.7.

Does anybody successfully use Waves Renaissance v5.9.7 or any other 5.9.7 plugins together with Reaper? Is this an issue that the Reaper developers are going to look at in near future?

Best regards
Claus
cspenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:07 PM   #2
cspenger

Default Additional info, Reaper might work

Ok, the problem is obviously that I have a 45 nm Intel Penryn-Processor in my Notebook, on which the Waves 5.9.7 plugins do not work at the moment for any VST host. I do not have a Vista PC without Penryn to test with, so I could only test the plugins on my older Pentium M Notebook under Windows XP. There Reaper and the Waves 5.9.7 plugins seem to work perfectly. Waves will inform me when they have solved the Penryn problem and I will update this thread then with my test results.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
cspenger

Default Resolved!

The latest update of the Waves v5.9.7 installer fixes the problem with the Penryn processor. The Renaissance Maxx bundle works fine in Reaper 2.206 under Windows Vista Ultimate for me now!