Old 09-12-2018, 04:28 AM   #1
Will Roget
Human being with feelings

Default Colourblind support tweaks

Hello! I have mild red/green colourblindness and have a visual/UI request:

Could we get *patterned* track panel backgrounds? (in addition to the currently-supported coloured tracks)

I work in somewhat large project files (300+ tracks) for my video game scores and so I have several different types of tracks which I like to colourcode - sends, VIs, a few kinds of folders, MIDI, audio editing, etc. Unfortunately, there's a rather limited number of colours I can easily distinguish between. If I could set certain track panel backgrounds to things like checkerboards/slashes/etc., it'd make it much easier to keep my projects clean and readable!

PS - FYI, I still use the Reaper Default_3.0 theme as that's the most colourblind-friendly so far, with the notable exception of the the FX offline/online button being extremely hard to distinguish.
Will Roget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:56 AM   #2
Meo-Ada Mespotine

+1 on this
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:01 AM   #3
Lokasenna

A custom theme/layout could certainly have different patterns on the panel images, if nothing else.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #4
Luster

What about the track icons? It uses more space but if it's important it may a workaround for now.

In principle it's possible to enhance your favourite theme with TCP layouts which incorporate a colour-blind friendly differentiation. E.g. I used icons in the track name section to get a Cubase style track type indication in my theme mod (Reaborn2 - Phoenix mod).
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote