Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2021, 05:08 AM   #1
FeedTheCat
Human being with feelings
 
FeedTheCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 644
Default Media Explorer toolbar: Can't run custom actions or scripts

Even a simple script like

Code:
reaper.ShowConsoleMsg("I'm a problematic toolbar button :)")
won't run when assigned to a toolbar button in the media explorer toolbar (but runs fine when executed from the action list).

Tested on Linux

Last edited by FeedTheCat; 08-15-2021 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Realized that custom actions don't work as well
FeedTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 03:38 PM   #2
FeedTheCat
Human being with feelings
 
FeedTheCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 644
Default

Custom actions don't work as well.

Last edited by FeedTheCat; 08-19-2021 at 01:18 PM.
FeedTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 01:19 PM   #3
FeedTheCat
Human being with feelings
 
FeedTheCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 644
Default

Confirmed on Windows/MacOS.
FeedTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 07:52 AM   #4
Daodan
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 279
Default

Confirmed on Windows
Daodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:19 PM   #5
ricoinaz
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Arizona USA
Posts: 4
Default Confirmed Here Too!

Custom actions for media explorer via OSC/MIDI all do not work. I would like to use media explorer to play playlists before our show. Works just fine manually from the actions list popup, but you can't trigger any of these events via OSC/MIDI.

This problem is everywhere in Reaper. I posted a similar problem in OSC thread.
ricoinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 03:03 AM   #6
FeedTheCat
Human being with feelings
 
FeedTheCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoinaz View Post
Custom actions for media explorer via OSC/MIDI all do not work. I would like to use media explorer to play playlists before our show. Works just fine manually from the actions list popup, but you can't trigger any of these events via OSC/MIDI.

This problem is everywhere in Reaper. I posted a similar problem in OSC thread.
Hmmm, that seems to work over here on Linux. The media explorer needs to have focus but I can make a custom action and trigger it from my MIDI keyboard.
FeedTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:26 AM   #7
ricoinaz
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Arizona USA
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedTheCat View Post
Hmmm, that seems to work over here on Linux. The media explorer needs to have focus but I can make a custom action and trigger it from my MIDI keyboard.
How do you give the media explorer focus? I'm sitting in an entirely different room controlling Reaper via OSC and MIDI. I don't know how you give focus to anything in reaper even when sitting in front of it. For example, I have the media explorer open and I'm actively selecting MP3's to play using my mouse. I can also use actions from the action list, but try to send the same action via OSC and I can't control anything in the media explorer window even though I have it focused (as far as I know).

I have the same issue when trying to mute the master track using "/action/14". I can't trigger that remotely at all. I have tried everything I can think of, but nothing I have tried works. I can trigger anything via the action list, but not from OSC...
ricoinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:33 AM   #8
FeedTheCat
Human being with feelings
 
FeedTheCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoinaz View Post
How do you give the media explorer focus? I'm sitting in an entirely different room controlling Reaper via OSC and MIDI. I don't know how you give focus to anything in reaper even when sitting in front of it. For example, I have the media explorer open and I'm actively selecting MP3's to play using my mouse. I can also use actions from the action list, but try to send the same action via OSC and I can't control anything in the media explorer window even though I have it focused (as far as I know).

I have the same issue when trying to mute the master track using "/action/14". I can't trigger that remotely at all. I have tried everything I can think of, but nothing I have tried works. I can trigger anything via the action list, but not from OSC...
The media explorer gets keyboard focus when you click on it (e.g. the space key now starts the media explorer preview instead of playing in arrange).

Hmmm, I'd tell you about a workaround to trigger media explorer actions from the main section using JS_ReaScriptAPI, but it sounds like your issue is that you can't trigger any action at all from OSC?
FeedTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:58 AM   #9
Buy One
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 502
Default

Might be because the toolbar toggle action itself resides in the Main section and isn't mirrored in the Media Explorer section unlike MIDI Editor toolbar actions
__________________
Some scripts in ReaPack
Buy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:10 PM   #10
bFooz
Human being with feelings
 
bFooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 1,796
Default

This is probably related: In custom notation menus, scrips cannot be run as well.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....27#post2241827
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.